“Great location ...” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Great location ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The staff was great - friendly and very knowledgeable and informative about the hotel and the area.

The breakfast buffet was quite good - replenished regularly and a great variety with something for everyone.

Rooms were pretty much as expected; clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The outside sitting area facing Broadway was a nice meeting spot and there were enough chairs & benches for a good sized group of people to sit down and relax. Be advised it is also a designated smoking area.

The hotel does provide a local shuttle, which is always a perk. The regular hotel shuttle van was out of service during our stay, so we were accommodated with a minivan to get to and from the downtown area. We used the shuttle twice during our stay. The first time we requested it, it was 10pm - the driver was quick, pleasant, and prompt. Fantastic!

The only problem that arose (and this was not the hotel's fault directly) - was with the shuttle. We (tried) to use the shuttle during one of the mornings we were there. There was a large group of guests staying at the hotel needing to get downtown to attend a conference. Due to the regular shuttle being out of service, the hotel was using the minivan to shuttle people back and forth. Problem was - the minivan could only accommodate a small group of people at a time. We patiently waited for the shuttle to come and pick us up - but due to the volume of (some very rude and self-entitled) people waiting and the fact that there was only one shuttle running, it was virtually impossible for us to get on the shuttle in time to arrive for our scheduled meetings. We wound up having to walk in the (very humid) heat in order to make it to our meetings on time. Perhaps a second shuttle during that peak time would have helped.

Overall though, this was a nice experience, the Nashville "strip" was just a few blocks away - with tons of music performers, restaurants, and gift shops to suit almost any need. I'll mention again that the staff was great - always a plus when considering to stay in a place you've never been before.

Green Features: Non-smoking hotel. There's a designated smoking area outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ha-p-2-b-home-n-ME
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us your feedback. Our team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown takes great pleasure in providing a product that our guests can be proud of. Thank you for pointing out our centralized downtown location and clean rooms; as well as commenting on our complimentary downtown shuttle that our guests can enjoy and recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. My team and I greatly appreciate reviews like yours!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ragged ! It's plain nasty ! The carpet is gross, the furniture is old , the AC feels like an old timey swamp cooler! The only reason I'm here is because all I others are booked , the halls are disgusting ! I will never stay here again ! I don't know where the good reviews came from , plus you gotta pay. $22.00 just to park ! Hated it !

Stayed July 2014
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
This review is puzzling because we do not have a record of this guest staying with us. Furthermore, in reviewing our reports we do not have a record of the guests concerns outlined in her review. Very confusing. Please note that we have a manger of duty available 24 hours a day to assist with any guest issue regardless of circumstance. Impressions like this are very rare, as they are not like many that have stayed with us based on the feedback we receive; as well as our 94% guest rating who recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor over the last quarter. Our team at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the service/facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. In short, it is our ultimate goal to exceed our guests expectations and to ensure satisfaction.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The location is perfect. Can walk to any place on and around Broadway where all the action is. Also an easy drive to Opryland. All staff was very friendly. I believe they are in the process of remodeling/updating the facility, but we were not fortunate enough to be on one of the floors that was completed. The hallways looked filthy and had me quite concerned about the shape of the rooms. The rooms were not too bad, just old. The beds had some type of vinyl bed skirt that laid between the mattress and base. Whenever you got in or out of the bed, it sounded like you were getting off of a blowup mattress. It was loud enough to disturb sleep. Hopefully that will not be a problem in the new rooms. I felt the price was high for a Holiday Inn Express. I thought Holiday Inn Expresses were supposed to be a bit less expensive. The first night, a week night, was 129.00, I can live with that. But on the weekend the price jumped to 199.00 per night and you had to pay $22.00 per night for parking. It did come with a breakfast every morning hot and cold, but the typical microwavable stuff. The last night there was no room in the parking garage or the outdoor secure parking lot so we had to park in an overflow lot that was not gated. I was not happy about that considering the price to park. I would consider staying there again, but would hope for a better price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, I would like to thank you for your time in providing us a review of your experience with us.

Yes, our hotel is in a picture-perfect downtown location within walking distance next to everything that our Music City has to offer. With that said, I would like to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed in our hotel and garage. Over the last year we have renovated our lobby, public space, and half our guestrooms; and have plans in late 4th quarter or early 1st quarter to complete the rest of the renovation. With respect to parking, our daily parking fee of $22.00 is actually on the more cost effective side when it comes to downtown hotel parking. Our parking rate, as well as other incidentals, are clearly noted to each and every guest when confirming reservations for full disclosure. However, I am happy to read that you would consider staying with us if your travels plans bring you back to Nashville.

Please reach out to me personally the next time you are visiting Nashville and I will roll out the red carpet for you!

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is located in the perfect spot. It's just far enough away from the main strip of bars and restaurants that there were no loud disruptions, even on New Year's Eve, but close enough to make downtown walkable. They also offer a regular shuttle service, so if it's cold or you choose to wear heels, you can get there that way as well.
Everything else was as expected - the room was comfortable and serviced regularly. It's not five star, but I can't fault anything about our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. My team and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you on your recent trip to Nashville from NYC.

Thank you for mentioning our perfect downtown location. We personally believe our particular location sets us apart from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market. We are only a few short blocks away from the vibrant entertainment district; but also nestled away on the ideal corner of 10th Avenue and Broadway, which situates our hotel property on the corner of the best of both worlds. While we sincerely thank you for your 4 star review, we aim for that perfect top notch 5 star hotel experience.

The next time your travel plans bring you back to Nashville we would love another opportunity to be your destination choice.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel touts it's convenient location close to the sights on and around Broadway in downtown Nashville. It was nice to be able to walk to the Ryman Auditorium. The hotel is older and could stand to be upgraded in a few areas, but we felt it was OK and the location made it worthy of a one night visit. But watch out if you use their lower-lever garage. It was secure enough, but it was quite tight trying to park and we don't have a large car. I'd hate to try to park a full size SUV or van. We thought the breakfast area was fine and they had their GREAT cinnamon rolls. All-in-all, it was an OK place and served our purpose just fine.

Room Tip: We were pleasantly surprised by how quiet the room was. We were on the highway side of the hotel bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello and thank you for your time, business, and allowing us an opportunity to respond to your review.

On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, we sincerely appreciate your 4 star review of your experience with us. Yes, our hotel is in a picture-perfect downtown location next to everything that our Music City has to offer. With that said, I would like to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed in our hotel and garage. Over the last year we have renovated our lobby, public spaces, and half our guestrooms; and have plans in late 4th quarter or early 1st quarter to complete the rest of the renovation. With respect to parking, we actually have 5 different options for your various parking needs to accommodate any size vehicle: Upper Garage, Lower Garage, and two outdoor surface lots.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return.

Casselberry, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose this hotel based on location to downtown so we could walk to the 4th of July events at Riverfront Park and on Broadway. It was a great location and the 10 block walk downhill (then uphill on the way back) didn't bother us. The hotel does offer a free shuttle but we didn't use this service. The service and friendliness of the front desk staff was excellent. The fitness center was large and clean. The breakfast area was also large and clean with plenty of hot and cold food choices and seating. My greatest disappointment was that the carpets in the halls were clearly stained and in need of replacement. We were at this hotel for 4 nights so I would have appreciated newer and cleaner flooring. I also used the coin laundry on our last night and was not impressed with the cleaniness of the machines and room. Otherwise we had a great time in Nashville, loved the location and overall value of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a newly renovated floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars

On behalf of my team, we always love hearing feedback from our guests! 4th of July is one of Nashville’s business times of the year with over 200,000+ people huddled in downtown for our annual Red, White & Boom festival. With that said, I would like to apologize for the condition of our hallway carpets and laundry facilities. It is unfortunate this prevented you from fully enjoying your time with us. I will make certain to pass along your feedback to the rest of my team for follow-up.

Once again, thank you for your time, business and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your review.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a block of five rooms here for a bachelorette party weekend. It was a great stay for us in terms of accommodations, location to downtown and cost. Great pool and very friendly staff who are used to dealing with a lot of excitement, if you will. If you are looking for a quiet weekend with kids this may not be a good choice.

My only complaint is I had a lot of issues dealing with the checkout process. My credit card was initially charged for someone else's reservation, which I didn't realize until I got back to the car and noticed someone else's name on the receipt. I had to go back and get a refund to the card. Not to mention, the payment was supposed to be split between two different credit cards, but the manager was having so much trouble that we gave up on it and I ended up just charging everything to my credit card. The whole checkout/payment ordeal took over 45 minutes while my group was waiting to leave.

All in all, I would stay again and hope they were just having a bad day at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AngelaHernandez
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for your time, business, and most importantly your continued patience with us from your bachelorette party experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in May 2014.

My team and I specifically remember this particular incident, and would like to again apologize for any confusion and/or frustration caused at departure. However, I am happy to report to the TripAdvisor community that we made amends by discounting a large portion of your stay as a result of the mix up on your departure Sunday in May. This is the least we could do considering the obstacles you experienced upon departure. We understand that, at times, mistakes and oversights happen between both parties (hotel/guest); but it is how my team and I deal with said oversights is what truly sets us apart from the rest of the competitive. Thank you for alerting us to this mishaps, and I am happy to report that we quickly remedied the situation; and that you would stay with us if your travels plans bring you back to Nashville.

Thank you so much for your business and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Nashville.