“Excellent Location for a downtown visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown
Ranked #43 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, NY
“Excellent Location for a downtown visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is located in the perfect spot. It's just far enough away from the main strip of bars and restaurants that there were no loud disruptions, even on New Year's Eve, but close enough to make downtown walkable. They also offer a regular shuttle service, so if it's cold or you choose to wear heels, you can get there that way as well.
Everything else was as expected - the room was comfortable and serviced regularly. It's not five star, but I can't fault anything about our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. My team and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you on your recent trip to Nashville from NYC.

Thank you for mentioning our perfect downtown location. We personally believe our particular location sets us apart from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market. We are only a few short blocks away from the vibrant entertainment district; but also nestled away on the ideal corner of 10th Avenue and Broadway, which situates our hotel property on the corner of the best of both worlds. While we sincerely thank you for your 4 star review, we aim for that perfect top notch 5 star hotel experience.

The next time your travel plans bring you back to Nashville we would love another opportunity to be your destination choice.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel touts it's convenient location close to the sights on and around Broadway in downtown Nashville. It was nice to be able to walk to the Ryman Auditorium. The hotel is older and could stand to be upgraded in a few areas, but we felt it was OK and the location made it worthy of a one night visit. But watch out if you use their lower-lever garage. It was secure enough, but it was quite tight trying to park and we don't have a large car. I'd hate to try to park a full size SUV or van. We thought the breakfast area was fine and they had their GREAT cinnamon rolls. All-in-all, it was an OK place and served our purpose just fine.

Room Tip: We were pleasantly surprised by how quiet the room was. We were on the highway side of the hotel bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello and thank you for your time, business, and allowing us an opportunity to respond to your review.

On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, we sincerely appreciate your 4 star review of your experience with us. Yes, our hotel is in a picture-perfect downtown location next to everything that our Music City has to offer. With that said, I would like to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed in our hotel and garage. Over the last year we have renovated our lobby, public spaces, and half our guestrooms; and have plans in late 4th quarter or early 1st quarter to complete the rest of the renovation. With respect to parking, we actually have 5 different options for your various parking needs to accommodate any size vehicle: Upper Garage, Lower Garage, and two outdoor surface lots.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return.

Casselberry, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose this hotel based on location to downtown so we could walk to the 4th of July events at Riverfront Park and on Broadway. It was a great location and the 10 block walk downhill (then uphill on the way back) didn't bother us. The hotel does offer a free shuttle but we didn't use this service. The service and friendliness of the front desk staff was excellent. The fitness center was large and clean. The breakfast area was also large and clean with plenty of hot and cold food choices and seating. My greatest disappointment was that the carpets in the halls were clearly stained and in need of replacement. We were at this hotel for 4 nights so I would have appreciated newer and cleaner flooring. I also used the coin laundry on our last night and was not impressed with the cleaniness of the machines and room. Otherwise we had a great time in Nashville, loved the location and overall value of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a newly renovated floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

On behalf of my team, we always love hearing feedback from our guests! 4th of July is one of Nashville’s business times of the year with over 200,000+ people huddled in downtown for our annual Red, White & Boom festival. With that said, I would like to apologize for the condition of our hallway carpets and laundry facilities. It is unfortunate this prevented you from fully enjoying your time with us. I will make certain to pass along your feedback to the rest of my team for follow-up.

Once again, thank you for your time, business and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your review.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a block of five rooms here for a bachelorette party weekend. It was a great stay for us in terms of accommodations, location to downtown and cost. Great pool and very friendly staff who are used to dealing with a lot of excitement, if you will. If you are looking for a quiet weekend with kids this may not be a good choice.

My only complaint is I had a lot of issues dealing with the checkout process. My credit card was initially charged for someone else's reservation, which I didn't realize until I got back to the car and noticed someone else's name on the receipt. I had to go back and get a refund to the card. Not to mention, the payment was supposed to be split between two different credit cards, but the manager was having so much trouble that we gave up on it and I ended up just charging everything to my credit card. The whole checkout/payment ordeal took over 45 minutes while my group was waiting to leave.

All in all, I would stay again and hope they were just having a bad day at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AngelaHernandez
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for your time, business, and most importantly your continued patience with us from your bachelorette party experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in May 2014.

My team and I specifically remember this particular incident, and would like to again apologize for any confusion and/or frustration caused at departure. However, I am happy to report to the TripAdvisor community that we made amends by discounting a large portion of your stay as a result of the mix up on your departure Sunday in May. This is the least we could do considering the obstacles you experienced upon departure. We understand that, at times, mistakes and oversights happen between both parties (hotel/guest); but it is how my team and I deal with said oversights is what truly sets us apart from the rest of the competitive. Thank you for alerting us to this mishaps, and I am happy to report that we quickly remedied the situation; and that you would stay with us if your travels plans bring you back to Nashville.

Thank you so much for your business and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Nashville.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We arrived here on 4th July, check in was quick, reception staff were very welcoming. There were over 200,000 people in town that night and the hotel was extremely busy but we found it quiet in our room. The free lemonade and meatballs and pasta were very welcoming after a long drive.
The free breakfast was also very good, ok not as good as some breakfasts but free and lots of different choices. Our room was comfortable and clean.
The location was great, just a short walk to downtown. My only criticism is the antiquated safe that we were presented with at reception. It was a very ancient lockable tin box that, when placed on the counter I could hardly see in. We would definitely stay here again if visiting Nashville.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and it was quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
On behalf of my team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your time in detailing your experience with us on your July 4th weekend excursion to Nashville!

July 4th is one of Nashville’s busiest time of the year with over 200,000 people huddled in downtown for our Red, White & Boom festival. Reading your review gives me great joy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience.

Thank you again for your time, business, and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your review. We welcome you back anytime!

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

At first glance, this seemed like a nice hotel. But when you look around, it's hard not to notice it's pretty filthy. The floors in the lobby/elevator were sticky. There were fingerprints and ctumbs on all the tables in the lobby, as well as fingerprints on the doors to the lobby and garage. Our room was never cleaned! We had to go down to the front desk around 5pm to ask them to tidy up. The worst part of our hotel experience happened when the shuttle failed to pick up our party of 7. We were told twice that they were on the way. The third time we called, after waiting 30 minutes, they said the shuttle stopped for the night leaving us to fend for ourselves! We would have never known if we didn't call them. I suggest staying elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in providing us your detailed experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Our team strives to provide the best possible experience whether staying with us for business or leisure.

Along with my team, I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. It is indeed troubling to read the challenges outlined in your review. Did you report any of your inconveniences to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with their various concerns. With respect to our shuttle, we do have an on-demand/first come-first serve complimentary downtown shuttle; a complimentary shuttle that most hotels in downtown Nashville do not have as an amenity for their guests. Our shuttle does not take reservations, as it is on a first come-first serve basis. On an average weekend our hotel is servicing anywhere between 2000+ guests, with the majority of our guests wanting to utilize our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. Because of this, wait times, unfortunately, can sometimes occur when the volume is this high. With that said, I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance of having to wait.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

West Harrison, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel! And I am very very picky! The staff were all so friendly and helpful we felt very welcome. We stayed on the 7th floor, they are recently renovated on that floor I think. Omg the bed was amazing and the pillows the best ever! I am one that cant sleep in hotels, but the bed was so comfortable I slept like a rock. The room was extremely clean too. The hotel also put put afternoon snacks in the lobby and then pasta and fruit at dinner. I have never seen a hotel do all that, we were very happy. Breakfast was really great too, thank you! !!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mgilbert89
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Feedback like yours is exact lasting experience we want all our guests to have while staying with us.

We are humbled by your positive remarks pertaining to our friendly team, clean guestroom with amazing comfortable bed, hors d'oeuvre, and refreshments in the evening. Your kind words about our hotel, and especially about my team of hospitality professionals will not go unnoticed. I have already posted your review on our Hall of Fame board for our entire hotel team to read.

On behalf of my team, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another great experience!