“Clean, bright, great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean, bright, great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Staying in Holiday Inn downtown Nashville -- my room is immaculate and every person I meet has been so helpful, kind, professional, and efficient. I am really enjoying my stay here. It is right across the street from a big arts center and about 3 blocks from all of the touristy Nashville stuff. The only downside is that they don't have a restaurant right here, but there are many to choose from a few blocks away and I had food delivered last night from TAZZA and it was great. I will write a separate review on them. Bed here is extremely comfortable and all of the amenities - WiFi, big-screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee, even extra blankets and pillows. And the rooms are larger than average. I have a great view from the 6th floor. I do recommend this hotel. But I want to add, the customer service is top-notch here. It has a pool and fitness room but I have not had time to see these.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you very much for such a warm review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. On behalf of my team, I am very pleased to read that you hold such fond memories of your stay.

I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team. I am also delighted to read that you would recommend not only our hotel and its location, but most importantly our team of caring individuals who I have the privileged of working with. Our hotel would not be an award wining hotel without their dedication, loyalty, and overall passion to the art of guest service. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return visit in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed for business at this hotel for 5 nights. Check in was easy and timely even though it appeared the hotel was very busy. As I am a Platinum IHG member, I was given an upgrade. Room was great - spacious and very clean. Nice layout. 2 sinks are always a plus when 2 are trying to get ready in the AM. Coffee maker in the room is a must. Housekeeping was fine.

Location is EASY to get just about anywhere. I could walk to the many restaurants and bars in the area. And, they have a shuttle but I did not use it as walking was just fine. It took me maybe 10 minutes to get to the Music City Center for my conference so didn't need the shuttle.

I liked the extra amenities that not all Holiday Inn Express hotels offer - snacks in the afternoon. Even had music one day in the lobby. Lemon/Limes in the water. Breakfast is acceptable. Hot options, fruit, juices, coffee. I had no complaints about a free breakfast. If you want Eggs Benedict, go to somewhere else and buy it! They had plenty to choose from - scrambled eggs, sausage/ham, biscuits/gravy, pancakes, yogurt, grits, fresh baked cinnamon rolls, etc.

Only minor issues were one day our keys were turned off. Not sure why that happened but next to the last day we had to be re-keyed which was a minor annoyance since we were on a high floor and in the very front so a walk each way. And, the room faced the very front so on the weekends there were sirens sometimes at night (police precinct is nearby) and noisy cars and people going by. Nothing terrible but did wake me several times as I am not a heavy sleeper.
Neither were a deal breaker.

Overall, this is a great location for a great price. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a nice hotel for a stop but don't need all the luxuries that come with a much higher priced hotel. Plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walk.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown! I would like to personally thank you for detailing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. My team and I sincerely appreciate feedback from our guests; especially from our most valued IHG Rewards Club Platinum members like yourself!

Thank you for mentioning that you received a complimentary upgrade; as well as the extra amenities that we provide daily to our guests. We love to give our guests a taste of everything Nashville; that's why we have hors d'oeuvre, complete with other refreshments in the lobby during the evening hours. On Friday/Saturday, we have live entertainment in the lobby to set the ambiance for a fun-filled Nashville weekend. Those little extras are what make us an award wining hotel in the eyes of our guests.

On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome your return visit very soon.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, best part of the hotel is the location. You can get to everything in just a short walk (5-10 minutes). Definitely a plus for bars on Broadway and concert at Bridgestone. Also, they offer a free shuttle service that travels in a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Would have used it more but it works on a first come first serve basis so instead of waiting the 10-15 minutes for it to come back we figured we would just walk the short distance. It definitely was helpful when we needed to go to the store and didn't want to walk with all the bags back, just called and the driver picked us up within 10 minutes. Room was clean, staff was friendly. Complimentary breakfast was ok. View from our room wasn't great, but that wasn't something we cared about. Overall great stay and would recommend!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. Guest feedback is truly an honor; and we sincerely appreciate any and all feedback provided.

Your recommendation means the world to our team, and actually inspires us to work harder in providing our guests the absolute best experience they deserve. We are the perfect hotel for the leisure, or business traveler next to the absolute best in what downtown, and the city of Nashville has offer; complete with the comfortable feelings of home.

Next time you are in Nashville we would love to have another opportunity to welcome you back for another great experience.

Goole, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

great hotel great staff great location out of the way of the city centre but not to far to visit we stayed here on the 9 th and 10 th of march breakfast was good plenty of choice and good quility plenty of good bars and restaurants near by our coffee machine didnt work mentioned it to the staff straight away fetched us a new one being english cant do with out our tea which i fetched from yorkshire they kept us well supplied with coffee would recomend this hotel and nashville to every one hope tp return in the future

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words, and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are consistently working, tweaking, and improving on new/creative ways to maintain and build-upon our service to provide excellent facilities and accommodation to all of our guests. With that said, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize that your coffee machine didn’t work; but I am happy that we were able quickly remedy the situation.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and for choosing to spend your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March of 2014. We picked it because it was located downtown and we were going to be cabbing it to the local bars. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff were knowledgeable and provided us with recommendations on restaurants and places to visit. Free breakfast with lots of choices made this stay perfect! I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Live country music in the lobby was a nice special touch!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. My name is Dan Deaver, and I am the new Front Office Manager for the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

It is with great pleasure that we warmly welcome, meet, and exceed our guests expectations on a daily basis. Our hotel property is perfectly situated in downtown next to anything and everything Nashville! I will certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team, especially the housekeeping, and front desk departments on a job well done. We like to give our guests a taste of Nashville by having live music in the lobby, complete with hors d'oeuvre on Friday and Saturday nights. These extra complimentary amenities, complete with our service, are what make us an award winning hotel in the eyes of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you upon future stays at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent a few days at this hotel and I was impressed with the service that we received. Reception was very helpful, especially Valeri, who went above and beyond. We got there very early due to an early flight and they did their best to get us a room ASAP. The room was clean and comfortable. One day they forgot to make up our room and the manager came by to apologize and went above and beyond in how he handled the situation. We had an issue with our air conditioning making a weird noise and maintenance fixed it right away. Service was prompt and friendly. The free breakfast was great! Location is pretty good. A short walk to all of the action but not bad at all. Even walking back up hill wasn't too terrible. The shuttle service was a nice touch but my only complaint would be that it didn't run on Sunday.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown; and for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read your warm comments about our hotel property, service and team.

Thank you for recognizing our team, such as Valerie, who goes above and beyond to make every guests stay a memorable one. Take it from me, Valerie’s professionalism is infectious on all of us, and we are lucky to have her on our team. Us hoteliers are absolutely thrilled when guests share their positive experiences for other potential guests to read on respected websites such as TripAdvisor. We strive to make sure that each and every guest is provided with clean/comfortable rooms, extraordinary guest service, complimentary hot breakfast, and all the little extras that make us an award winning hotel.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.