“Don't stay there”

Ranked #135 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
New zealand
“Don't stay there”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We arrived at the Days Inn on a shuttle bus and even when the driver was letting us off, he said it wasn't a good place to stay, but as we had paid in full for three nights we thought we would give it a go. We think the advertisement was misleading,as it stated it was close to downtown, when in actual fact it was 3-4 miles from downtown, and a $12 cab fare. You certainly need a car.
We also found the manager was a very rude and unhelpful man who needs a course in public relations. The room was clean but the toilet didn't flush and we told them that on Saturday night the day we arrived that it wouldn't flush and it took till late Monday evening before it was attended to.
In the advertisement it also started that there were good eating places nearby, the only ones that were close enough to walk to were fast food outlets and a pizza take away.
We asked the manager for some information about Operyland and he wasn't interested in helping us at all.
Like so many others we would say don't consider this place even for an overnight stay.

Stayed November 2008
2 Thank MahoneyNewzealand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alabama
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Stay clear of the Days Inn on 1400 Brick Church Pike. This is a dump. My husband and I stayed over on a Saturday night after a football game. Just wanted an inexpensive clean room to spend the night before heading home the next morning. Towels were stained so you couldn't tell if they were clean. The shower curtain was moldy. The toilet keep self-flushing. This hotel should be an embarassment to Days Inn.

• Liked — Access to LP Field
  • Disliked — Filthiness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

tripjojo
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I arrived at the Days Inn after having a great time of four days of camping in the Smokies. I was going home the next day flying out of Nashville. I was going to use my Mastercard or pay cash for the room. I was discussing this with the front desk clerk but in the course of our conversation there was a misunderstanding. The desk clerk was the most rude person I've encountered. No customer service at all. In the course of this misunderstanding, the desk clerk accused us (my boyfriend and I) of being racists! I tried to resolve any misunderstanding, but the desk clerk cursed and said, I'm not taking any #*i#* from you!" Absolutely, the course of our conversation did not have to go this route. I felt very uncomfortable and left, I told the clerk I was going out to my car and would be right back , I've never been put on the defensive and insulted this way and by a complete stranger....I returned shortly and I asked that my reservation be cancelled. I told him I felt very uncomfortable staying at this Days Inn. The desk clerk told me he ran my bank card already! (without authorization) And he laughed at me and said there's nothing I can do!
Needles to say, I left frustrated, confused and angry!
I didn't stay there since I felt so violated and stayed elsewhere...I'm still try to get my money back !

• Liked — absolutely nothing...unless yoou like highways and rude people
  • Disliked — the front desk personel
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tripjojo
North Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2008

The room was filty, couldn't even touch the hair dryer... There was stuff all over the wall and hair dryer that looked I shouldn't touch!! The bathroom was disgusting too... Never would I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank cowgirl2ride4ever
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I made reservations in advance ON INTERNET and this was my third hotel this week (IN NASHVILLE) using a coupon book. The nightly rate was $34.95 for thurs and 37.95 the rest of the weekend.

Hotel registration decided to in my terms 'TO REDFINE THE COUPON'.

He told me: I was going to pay $44.95 on thursday and then after that I could get the 34.95 rate friday ect. This did not happen at any other hotel. I booked all my hotels on internet. And evey Holiday Inn Express let me use a $89.00 coupon on a $135.00 room. But not Days Inn---- I was going to pay more and be penalized because I MADE A RESERVATION and TRIED TO USE A WALKING-IN COUPON.

I asked why do you not give me the rate on the coupon are you not honoring it? He held up the coupon and said this is the 'walk in coupon' you had reservations for $44.95 so that is what you pay.

I did not get into the issue of reservations and availibility because I was mad. So I cancelleD my reservation agreed to spend one night for $44.95 or 53.00 with tax. I walked half a block up the road and stayed at another hotel for the remainder of the weekend.

Special note: I am a solo female travelor and saftey is an issue. The door to the room had an outside entrance. The door looked like it was unsecure and had been broken into. I had to barrade my self in the room slept with the lights on and my clothes on. You could see through the door frame even when the door had a dead bolt on.

There were plenty of rooms available and this one was clean and things worked. But what kind of man puts a woman alone in aroom like this. I walked around the hugh hotel the other doors looked secure, but I am not sure how they looked on the inside.
It also faced the freeway, so with a loose door frame the noise sounded like I had the window open.TRAFFIC NOISES

I am finding that woman traveling alone are not exactly always welcome by men who have foreign origins. It may be a cultural thing and it does not always happen. Maybe I am naive or maybe they are.

• Liked — No Much
  • Disliked — negotiating when I am tired and feeling slighted
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Free2travelusa
Ontario
Reviewed May 29, 2007

This place is a dump. The building is falling apart. Toilet broken. Shower broken. Bathroom very dirty. Air-conditioning unit squealed. Holes in walls. Hallways stink. 90% of lights in hallways were broken. Swimming pool not open for memorial day weekend, even though we paid for it. Noise from highway unbearable. Breakfast very limited. No newspapers. Staff not very friendly. Do yourself a favour, spend your money wisely and stay somewhere else when visiting Nashville.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank moosyca
Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We were driving from Florida to Illinois and needed a late night place to stop. We ASSUMED that Days Inn would be a good place. We were so wrong. The first thing we noticed was the blood stains on the sides of the mattresses! It appears that something very bad has happened in Room 218! There are also stains on the carpeting (blood too?). There were only two towels for five people and when we asked for more towels, we were given two, but we had to go down and get them from the man at the desk (very rude man, by the way). Our son describes the towels as "paper towels with thumb tacks in them." The bathroom was filthy, with mold growing everywhere. The shower curtain rod was of the newer design but was pulled down in the middle so that the shower curtain did not cover from wall to wall, and caused the bathroom floor to "flood" from the shower. Also, I have some bite marks on my legs (bed bugs?).
WARNING -- DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I called the corporate office and lodged a formal complaint. I figure if we don't complain, nothing will get better.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything. This was the biggest dump ever
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank BeTheBull