“don't bother trying to get into the front door!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Downtown-Nashville West Trinity Lane

Days Inn Downtown-Nashville West Trinity Lane
Ranked #136 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
tripjojo
“don't bother trying to get into the front door!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

I arrived at the Days Inn after having a great time of four days of camping in the Smokies. I was going home the next day flying out of Nashville. I was going to use my Mastercard or pay cash for the room. I was discussing this with the front desk clerk but in the course of our conversation there was a misunderstanding. The desk clerk was the most rude person I've encountered. No customer service at all. In the course of this misunderstanding, the desk clerk accused us (my boyfriend and I) of being racists! I tried to resolve any misunderstanding, but the desk clerk cursed and said, I'm not taking any #*i#* from you!" Absolutely, the course of our conversation did not have to go this route. I felt very uncomfortable and left, I told the clerk I was going out to my car and would be right back , I've never been put on the defensive and insulted this way and by a complete stranger....I returned shortly and I asked that my reservation be cancelled. I told him I felt very uncomfortable staying at this Days Inn. The desk clerk told me he ran my bank card already! (without authorization) And he laughed at me and said there's nothing I can do!
Needles to say, I left frustrated, confused and angry!
I didn't stay there since I felt so violated and stayed elsewhere...I'm still try to get my money back !

• Liked — absolutely nothing...unless yoou like highways and rude people
  • Disliked — the front desk personel
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tripjojo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

The room was filty, couldn't even touch the hair dryer... There was stuff all over the wall and hair dryer that looked I shouldn't touch!! The bathroom was disgusting too... Never would I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank cowgirl2ride4ever
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2007

I made reservations in advance ON INTERNET and this was my third hotel this week (IN NASHVILLE) using a coupon book. The nightly rate was $34.95 for thurs and 37.95 the rest of the weekend.

Hotel registration decided to in my terms 'TO REDFINE THE COUPON'.

He told me: I was going to pay $44.95 on thursday and then after that I could get the 34.95 rate friday ect. This did not happen at any other hotel. I booked all my hotels on internet. And evey Holiday Inn Express let me use a $89.00 coupon on a $135.00 room. But not Days Inn---- I was going to pay more and be penalized because I MADE A RESERVATION and TRIED TO USE A WALKING-IN COUPON.

I asked why do you not give me the rate on the coupon are you not honoring it? He held up the coupon and said this is the 'walk in coupon' you had reservations for $44.95 so that is what you pay.

I did not get into the issue of reservations and availibility because I was mad. So I cancelleD my reservation agreed to spend one night for $44.95 or 53.00 with tax. I walked half a block up the road and stayed at another hotel for the remainder of the weekend.

Special note: I am a solo female travelor and saftey is an issue. The door to the room had an outside entrance. The door looked like it was unsecure and had been broken into. I had to barrade my self in the room slept with the lights on and my clothes on. You could see through the door frame even when the door had a dead bolt on.

There were plenty of rooms available and this one was clean and things worked. But what kind of man puts a woman alone in aroom like this. I walked around the hugh hotel the other doors looked secure, but I am not sure how they looked on the inside.
It also faced the freeway, so with a loose door frame the noise sounded like I had the window open.TRAFFIC NOISES

I am finding that woman traveling alone are not exactly always welcome by men who have foreign origins. It may be a cultural thing and it does not always happen. Maybe I am naive or maybe they are.

• Liked — No Much
  • Disliked — negotiating when I am tired and feeling slighted
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Free2travelusa
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

This place is a dump. The building is falling apart. Toilet broken. Shower broken. Bathroom very dirty. Air-conditioning unit squealed. Holes in walls. Hallways stink. 90% of lights in hallways were broken. Swimming pool not open for memorial day weekend, even though we paid for it. Noise from highway unbearable. Breakfast very limited. No newspapers. Staff not very friendly. Do yourself a favour, spend your money wisely and stay somewhere else when visiting Nashville.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank moosyca
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

We were driving from Florida to Illinois and needed a late night place to stop. We ASSUMED that Days Inn would be a good place. We were so wrong. The first thing we noticed was the blood stains on the sides of the mattresses! It appears that something very bad has happened in Room 218! There are also stains on the carpeting (blood too?). There were only two towels for five people and when we asked for more towels, we were given two, but we had to go down and get them from the man at the desk (very rude man, by the way). Our son describes the towels as "paper towels with thumb tacks in them." The bathroom was filthy, with mold growing everywhere. The shower curtain rod was of the newer design but was pulled down in the middle so that the shower curtain did not cover from wall to wall, and caused the bathroom floor to "flood" from the shower. Also, I have some bite marks on my legs (bed bugs?).
WARNING -- DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I called the corporate office and lodged a formal complaint. I figure if we don't complain, nothing will get better.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything. This was the biggest dump ever
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank BeTheBull
Northwest Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2006

This was THE WORST hotel stay I've ever experienced! We came to Nashville for a national conference and after driving down from Ohio (7.5 hrs) we arrived at this hotel late at night to find our double-bed room in less-than acceptable condition. One of the beds was without a pillow and there was only one bath towel in the room - one for 4 people! Paintings were off the walls and stacked underneath the coat rack. There was a large (approx. 12" by 12") hole in the ceiling above the bathroom sink. There was short, dark hair on the bathroom floor. When we pulled back the covers before going to bed, the covers came off the mattress- they weren't fitted sheets! Not to mention, there were holes in the sheets and stains from cigarette burns. When we asked the man at the front desk for more towels, he told us that laundry was closed until the morning - when we all had to get up and shower before the conference. Little did we know..the worst was yet to come! The next morning, we went to the lobby for our free continental breakfast only to find a container of warm milk and a single mini muffin left on the counter - all this after we called to make sure there was food left! In the daylight, we noticed piles of old hotel room furniture stacked up in the hallways right outside our room. Pet food bowls were sitting outside one of the rooms on the ground level. When we expressed our disappointment in the conditions, the staff was rude and did not even attempt to make our stay more pleasant. We asked to canel our reservations for the following two nights, but were rudely told that was not possible. We refused to stay in such dirty conditions and turned in our room key. The staff member at the desk slammed our key on the desk. We left immediately. We then called 1-800- DAYSINN and filed an official complaint with the customer service who advised us to leave right away. We did so and went to the Quality Inn down the road. The staff at the Quality Inn were absolutely wonderful and very accomodating to our needs. Our disappointment with our stay at the Days Inn still wasn't over. A few hours after checking out of the Days Inn...I noticed large red bumps on my forearms. These bumps grew very itchy by the hour and increased in number. Soon, I counted over twenty bumps on my left arm alone! And my right arm was even worse! My itching and irritability grew only worse throughout the rest of our stay in Nashville. We took photos of the bumps, and after some Internet research, the only logical explanation was BED BUGS! I was the only one bitten because I was the only one who slept at the Days Inn with a short-sleeved shirt. Everyone else slept with long-sleeves. Thank goodness we all wore long pants! Upon returning to Ohio, I was treated for the bed bug bites with antibiotics and steroids. I've written letters to the Nashville Chamber of Commerce as well as the corporate headquarters of Days Inn, documented with pictures of the hotel conditions and my bug-bitten arms, If you take anything away from this review, take my word that this is anything but a quality, cusomer-service oriented establishment. Please don't let this happen to you!

• Liked — Closeness to Opryland Conference Center
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING - staff, service, room conditions, lack of amenities
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank Bethygurl
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

We pulled in after driving from Missouri - not realizing there was a game going on in the city. There were practically no rooms to be had and we simply couldn't drive any further and were stuck with this horrible hotel. We felt like we got no sleep the next morning and the shower made you feel even dirtier than when you got in. The drapes were hanging - they had been pulled and ripped apart. The sheets were old - had BURN MARKS all through them and didn't fit the bed - which made sleeping even more difficult. One of the two lights in the room was broken as well. The man at the front counter however was very nice after charging us $65 to stay there for the night ( the only other hotel with a room in the city was more than twice that on a game night....) While in the front office we did hear people calling to complain that something in their rooms were broken and each time he'd tell them it was at least half an hour til he got to them - then proceeded to talk on the phone. All in all the hotel is in horrible disrepair, was dirty, old, etc.

Stayed October 2006