“Remodel was a success”

Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Hayesville, North Carolina, United States
“Remodel was a success”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Clarion Easter weekend. The hotel was in very god condition and check inn was quick and easy. The hotel is very close to downtown and they also provide a free shuttle service downtown that runs every hour until 8pm a cheap $7.00 cab ride will get you back. The rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels downtown and I would stay there again. Rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mark C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here using our comfort rewards points. I was very nervous after reading the reviews on this hotel, but decided to stay anyway.
Hotel has received a nice face lift recently and I have to say our room was nicely updated. Fridge, micro, and a coffee pot for two.
Breakfast was the normal hot breakfast.
Bed was very comfortable and the curtains kept the light out very well. Didn't keep the train horn out tho...
If there was a negative for us it was the thin walls that allow you to hear other rooms and the shuttle supposedly only running to Broadway once an hour on the hour. We walked to Broadway and caught the driver heading back from downtown about 20 minutes earlier that we were told at the desk.
All in all it was a very nice hotel that served its purpose. It's not as close to downtown as we like but a 20 minute walk in nice weather was good. I think if you are ok with not being downtown you should give it a try it.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank SandnSun67
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is a dump. I guess they just competed a remodel which is nice, the elevator doors look like they were rescued from Cabrini Green. Our bed had a plastic sheet underneath the fitted sheet, which was annoying because it made a noise every time we rolled over. I called the front desk to ask why it was there and they said "for our safety" ...creepy. Our friends who also stayed here didn't have a plastic sheet, but they also didn't have air conditioning or cold water either, which is actually worse than not having hot water if you think about it. I paid the same amount to stay in the Bellagio 2 weeks ago, this place is awful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John E
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was clean and staff were helpful and friendly. There is a well-stocked breakfast every morning and a shuttle that will bring you to/from a couple of different points downtown and that definitely saved us a couple of taxi fares. The lobby area is very nice and there are a couple of tables outside, even more outdoor space wold be nice, but that is really my only suggestion. The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but we felt safe and it is definitely worth it for the price. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HUNTINGBURG
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was very scared after reading all the reviews on what I was going to find upon entering this hotel. I don't know what anyone was talking about, this hotel was great and maybe even one of the best decorated hotels I have seen. Clean, huge room (handicap room), very close to downtown and there is a free shuttle. Breakfast was ok, could have had better gravy but the waffles are always great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be close to downtown but not pay the high price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kaelas
Spring City, TN
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was in town on business and stayed two nights. Everything was pretty average and no complaints other than the lobby looked like it had been decorated by someone on acid. That is until I checked out , drove two and half hours to home and began unloading my vehicle. That's when I discovered I had left a satchel containing my laptop, Kindle Fire and other items containing my personal information. I immediately called and spoke with the front desk manager. I explained that I had left my laptop and case in the room and exactly where it was sitting. He said he would go to the room and look and call me back. After 30 minutes I called back and the desk manager answered. He said he was busy and hadn't had time. I told him the computer contained personal information, credit card info, bank statements, a wealth of info for a would be Identity thief. He then took an attitude and said he was very busy and "would get to it when he would get to it". I then called the corporate customer relations number and explain the situation. They put me on hold and called the hotel. The CR person said the desk mgr pretty much gave him attitude and told him the same thing. Two and a half hours later the desk mgr calls me back and said there was nothing left in the room. He said he would keep a lookout for it and watch the cleaning staff as they were leaving. I described the case containing everything, a black nylon Swiss Gear bag. He said "I have one of those too." I thought - Yeah I bet you do now. His tone during our conversation told me he could really care less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TNfamilySC
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the city and its cost during a weekend when many others were fully booked. The Clarion was completely renovated this year (2014), but the old bones are still in place. If you have occupants next to your room, you WILL hear every TV and conversational sound from the adjacent rooms.

This hotel is best suited for bachelor/ette parties, game tournament attendees, groups of friends who are in town for fun and who are easy to please (i.e primarily drunk), and for short stays for visitors needing not much more than a shower and bed.

This hotel is UNsuitable for children (particularly when weekender partiers are present), longer term stays where cleanliness/comfort are appreciated, those needed lots of in-room rest or work time, honeymooners or romantic getaway seekers, and seniors and class-acts who seek a more mature and well-behaved guest demographic.

Upon entry, I observed a urine stain on the underside of my toilet seat. As another reviewer also indicated, my fresh towels were very damp, and while they may indeed be clean, it leaves the impression that they were used to wipe down the bathroom and re-fashioned for the next guest.
The location is not walkable to downtown Nashville, but the cab fare is very reasonable (>$10 one way). Some desk attendants were friendly and accommodating, others did not greet or make any offerings of assistance. We did not partake of the inclusive breakfast but one is available.

For my dates and room type, I was able to save $10/night using my AAA card when booking direct from the Clarion website.

The updated decor is trendy, the location is accessible, the hotel is great for quick in-out stays, and parking is free, but if you are not a partier or are bothered by poor acoustics and extra noise, occasionally "gross" housekeeping lapses, and thoroughly 'eye-sore' surrounding neighborhood, then this is not the spot for your trip to Nashville.

Room Tip: An end of hallway room may help cut the noise from one adjoining wall.