“Not for family”

Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Talking Rock, Georgia
“Not for family”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel (dump) with our 10yr old daughter and others with families as a group. I would not recommend this hotel if you like a clean rooms, working elevators, working ice machines or a good nights rest. If you like hair from the previous guest all over your room, drunks fighting in the hallways all night and staff members whom are clueless and maid service whom is to lazy yo even take your trash out, then you will love it. It is not safe for kids nor anyone whom doesn't want to be harassed by idiots all night. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else in Nashville.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Jasperdawgfan
General_M55229, Manager at Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
I have read your comments and I thank you for letting me know how you feel. I will take the comments and address them with everyone. Issues will be resolved. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Temple, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I travel 2 weeks out of every month for work, so I've stayed in some really terrible to really amazing places. That said, this was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! I'm truely trying to think of something positive to say about them. The staff clearly doesn't care about the people staying there and just want to get off work. The management seems to have no power to do anything. The first room I was in smelled like urine, so i asked to be moved, then had to demand to be moved. Finally got into the 2nd room and the heater did not work and the place was filthy. I really can't stress to anyone that reads this enough: No matter how low the price is, go somewhere else. Even if you have to pay twice as much for a motel 8 that is 30minutes away, do it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! seriously!
5 Thank AlexWolfe
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I will take the comments and make sure the issues are resolved.
Sesser, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Hotel room was clean and spacious. All rooms were booked but our room remained fairly quiet. My only complaint is that room wasn't ready at check in time. We had to wait an hour for our room. I would stay again, it's a good price for a room downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate the comments and I know that I will be working very hard to ensure that does not happen. Your feedback is helpful and will be taken to heart. Thank you for taking the time and hope to see you again soon.
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Perfect location for anyone wanting to be near downtown especially the stadium. Good rates, clean rooms, newly remodeled, friendly staff. There was a frat formal the weekend we were there so the noise level was a bit high due to the drunks fighting outside our door. The security guard had commented that no one told him about it and he had no back up. He apologized in advanced. The train passing thru in the middle of the night was a bit distracting. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
General_M55229, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. The hotel is working on making improvements every day and it helps to get feedback. I will make sure that the staff knows about the kind works. We look forward to your next visit.
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I generally try not to complain but I've just about reached my limit with this hotel during the week I stayed there:
1) The heat was not working despite three requests to repair it. the last repair person just moved the fan from 'auto' to 'on. Temp in room last night was 61 degrees. Each morning I'd ask the front desk to fix it and by the time I got back in the evening the repair people were gone for the day.
2) Bar, restaurant and pool all closed for 'maintenance' despite the fact that there's been no work on them all week.
3) The 'new' towels were wet at least two mornings. I mean folded and put away wet. Both of the available towels in the bathroom.
4) There was no laundry service or washer so I have to got to their 'partner' hotel to wash clothes (I was traveling for 11 days). AND the laundry room was locked so I had to wait for an hour for an unknown guest to return the key.

Where in the world was I you ask??
Clarion Hotel in Nashville, TN
#EpicFail

(Nashville was essentially 'full' during the week I was there and my department was placed in this hotel by our housing 'team' for this meeting so I can't change.)

Room Tip: Don't book here.
3 Thank JMGardner
General_M55229, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Good day. I would like to thank you for your feedback. I will definitely look into the issues you had during your stay. Your feedback is important to me and I am working on improving. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My last few times to Nashville, it has been tough to find a hotel room in Nashville, especially downtown. We decided to try the Clarion since it recently had been renovated. Overall it was a good choice. The staff we encountered were friendly. You could tell the room was recently renovated, great bedding and sheets, nice TV, fridge in room. There wasn't a clock in the room and I don't think the in room safe was functional. We did take advantage of the shuttle to go to Broadway, it is a quick 5 minute drive ($7 cab). The complementary breakfast is only available until 9, which I thought was odd because the majority of guest look to be on vacation. Unfortuntely the bar was still not open, but looked like it had potential. Overall, a little above average stay and a good alternative to the higher priced hotels downtown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrFun77
General_M55229, Manager at Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are happy to inform you that breakfast has been extended to 10am every day. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Plenty of parking. Check-in was smooth and quick. Elevators are well located and simple to use. Beds are comfortable. Room was clean and quiet. Staff is very friendly. This recently remodeled hotel does a lot of things right. The little annoying things are:
Caster missing on upholstered chair.
Digital clock cannot be reset after being unplugged.
TV picture is not very sharp and the volume is too loud on start-up.
Shower had plenty of hot water, but had to be constantly adjusted warmer.
Closet has no door or curtain.
Heater lets the room temperature vary widely.
The hallway and elevator show signs of age and/or sloppy repairs.

Overall, our stay was pleasant enough. I liked the new step-in style shower and the water was not over-softened like too many places do. While this may not be the ideal honeymoon pick, it certainly appears improved from the earlier reviews. Even the new insulated glass does an excellent job blocking the traffic noise of the nearby busy interchange. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always looking for feedback. We appreciate the information. We hope to see you on your next visit to Nashville.