“Too noisy for sleep”

Ranked #66 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Overland Park, Kansas
“Too noisy for sleep”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel, I was encouraged by the clean appearance. The staff at the desk was professional, but not overly friendly. I was concerned when I saw the location of my room, just inside a set of main rear exterior doors.

The room was clean and the bed looked comfortable. Unfortunately, the noise level from the exterior doors was constant until after 11:00. I was finally able to sleep sometime after that, yet woken again at 4:30 a.m. I was exhausted the next day.

I did use the workout room and found the equipment that I prefer to be in good repair. I appreciated the hot scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Though this property does a good job with some things, the only thing that matters to me is to feel safe and sleep well. It was unfortunately a failure in this area.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the exterior doors. Room 132 is terrible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was quite disappointed that your room was noisy, to the point that you did not receive a good night's sleep. I personally checked the doors outside your room and I believe the noises you may have heard were the magnetic door fasteners latching the doors shut when they closed. These magnets ensure the door locks behind guests entering and exiting the building. Though I appreciate you were pleased with the other aspects of your visit, I know how important a good night sleep is for a full day of activities. We have two other floors that only have access by elevators and stairs, and I am unsure if we were able to offer you a choice on the night of your visit. Please accept my apologies and I hope that when your plans bring you back through Nashville, you will give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff was great. But this hotel is older and although clean just dated. My room also had an oder. An ok work hotel. Parking was easy, plenty of room. Breakfast was nice with nice roomy place to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We genuinely appreciate your feedback and the review you posted on TripAdvisor. We welcome your kind words about our excellent staff and our delicious, hot breakfast in our one of a kind, glassed-in breakfast area. However, I was disappointed to read your comments about the facility's age. We continue to make improvements to both our guest rooms and public areas, and our guests have seen a marked improvement in both in just the past year. We are excited at the what the future holds for us as we continue to make even more improvements to meet the ever growing needs of our guests and customers. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Music City, USA!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We needed a decent hotel close to the airport that offered a reasonable park and fly option. The rooms were clean and most importantly the shuttle service was great. They got us there on time and picked us up quickly when we returned a week later. The staff was friendly, price reasonble, and the rooms where basic but clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We also believe our "Park & Fly" rate is quite reasonable and a great value for guests flying out of Nashville International Airport. Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel and mentioning our clean rooms, as well as our efficient and friendly shuttle drivers. We look forward to accommodating you again when your travel plans bring you back to Nashville.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed recently from Friday to Sunday. The breakfast was AMAZING- much better than most hotel breakfasts, with plenty of space to eat without feeling crowded among other guests. The room was great- clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Parking was convenient and check-in and -out was very easy. A great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope you tried one of our world-class cinnamon rolls... they are certainly my favorite! We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to Nashville.
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The room was nice, the beds were comfortable. The only problem was there were ants all over the bathroom floor. We didn't notice them until the middle of the night. Otherwise, the room was clean & quiet. Staff was nice. Their computers were down when we arrived to check in, which they were apologetic for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. However, I was disappointed that your room had not been recently treated by our pest control company. We take pride in our facility and we have set high standards for ourselves. I sincerely hope that you will visit us again when your plans bring you back through Nashville.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I searched online for a place to stay near the airport where I could leave my car parked for 8 nights with a free shuttle to and from the airport. Room was as advertised, shuttle took us there and picked us up at 2330 at night and arrived only 15 minutes after calling. I was a bit nervous on leaving the car for so long since the parking lot isn't secure, but parked under a big light and the car was still there and untouched for the duration. Check-in was polite, breakfast had hot food items. Oh, the half-mile away comments are ridiculous! (It's not that large a hotel). A little pricey at 132 dollars with the taxes, otherwise no complaints and will gladly stay here again if I'm in need of the same thing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel and for the positive feedback. Our "Park & Fly" package is a great value for any guest who needs overnight accommodations and a place to leave their vehicle for up to 14 days. We look forward to an opportunity to host you and your family again when the occasion arises.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here one night only because our flight home was delayed by 24 hours. The staff were helpful and the room was clean enough but pretty basic.. The carpet in the lift was very dirty and the general decor was worn and a bit grubby. The air conditioning was noisy when on so we didn;t get the best night's sleep.

Not sure how much the room cost as the airline picked up the tab. Wouldn't recommend this for more than a day or two and if you don't have a car it's a $50 return taxi trip into downtown - courtesy couch only operates within a two mile radius.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with less A/C noise?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I was disappointed to read that you did not get a good night's sleep on your recent visit. We recently replaced all the mattresses in all our guest rooms, and have an ongoing project to replace the last remaining older air conditioner units with brand new ones. We feel we offer a great value in the airport area, and though we are not near downtown, we are conveniently located next to Interstate 40, Nashville International Airport, and near Opry Mills Mall. We sincerely hope that if you ever have a need to stay near the Nashville Airport, that you will give us another try.