“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Ranked #67 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed recently from Friday to Sunday. The breakfast was AMAZING- much better than most hotel breakfasts, with plenty of space to eat without feeling crowded among other guests. The room was great- clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Parking was convenient and check-in and -out was very easy. A great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope you tried one of our world-class cinnamon rolls... they are certainly my favorite! We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to Nashville.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The room was nice, the beds were comfortable. The only problem was there were ants all over the bathroom floor. We didn't notice them until the middle of the night. Otherwise, the room was clean & quiet. Staff was nice. Their computers were down when we arrived to check in, which they were apologetic for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. However, I was disappointed that your room had not been recently treated by our pest control company. We take pride in our facility and we have set high standards for ourselves. I sincerely hope that you will visit us again when your plans bring you back through Nashville.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I searched online for a place to stay near the airport where I could leave my car parked for 8 nights with a free shuttle to and from the airport. Room was as advertised, shuttle took us there and picked us up at 2330 at night and arrived only 15 minutes after calling. I was a bit nervous on leaving the car for so long since the parking lot isn't secure, but parked under a big light and the car was still there and untouched for the duration. Check-in was polite, breakfast had hot food items. Oh, the half-mile away comments are ridiculous! (It's not that large a hotel). A little pricey at 132 dollars with the taxes, otherwise no complaints and will gladly stay here again if I'm in need of the same thing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel and for the positive feedback. Our "Park & Fly" package is a great value for any guest who needs overnight accommodations and a place to leave their vehicle for up to 14 days. We look forward to an opportunity to host you and your family again when the occasion arises.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here one night only because our flight home was delayed by 24 hours. The staff were helpful and the room was clean enough but pretty basic.. The carpet in the lift was very dirty and the general decor was worn and a bit grubby. The air conditioning was noisy when on so we didn;t get the best night's sleep.

Not sure how much the room cost as the airline picked up the tab. Wouldn't recommend this for more than a day or two and if you don't have a car it's a $50 return taxi trip into downtown - courtesy couch only operates within a two mile radius.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with less A/C noise?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I was disappointed to read that you did not get a good night's sleep on your recent visit. We recently replaced all the mattresses in all our guest rooms, and have an ongoing project to replace the last remaining older air conditioner units with brand new ones. We feel we offer a great value in the airport area, and though we are not near downtown, we are conveniently located next to Interstate 40, Nashville International Airport, and near Opry Mills Mall. We sincerely hope that if you ever have a need to stay near the Nashville Airport, that you will give us another try.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I arrived at 4:00 AM on the July 1st, front desk attendant was very nice and found a room on the 1st floor for me. About 6 AM the doors to the other rooms started opening and closing with a loud slams. I understand that Holiday Inn is not responsible for the noise that their visitors make but it does seem that they could do something with the door noise. I ask to get another room (the air conditioner was so loud also and they do not have Queen side beds, I checked a room on the 3rd floor but like the other reviews it seems like walking a quarter of a mile, so I thought that I could get a better room closer to the elevators and ask to get one of the King Bedrooms on the 2nd floor. I waited 4 HOURS for this new room (if I was a Manager I would never let a customer wait on a room for that long and I called every hours for a update) and it was also like walking a quarter of mile around the hotel when I finally got a room. The elevators are not mark and you can walk right by them without seeing them (I believe they should be marked from the above). Didn't even know there was one in the back as well as the front of the hotel.

It was also disturbing on Friday, July 8th, I was gone from my room at 10:00-3:00, I called the front desk at 3:20 PM to see why my room was not cleaned, front desk told me that they would send someone to clean, I got back at about 9:30 PM found the room unclean and dirty towels still in the tub. At about 9:30 PM I called front desk and told them I was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!! They immediately brought me some clean towels. Let me also say "I did not have them clean everyday". I stayed 2 years ago and had no troubles at all. But when I visit home again I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

This particular reservation had a note requesting a 1st floor room, which we had pre-blocked for this guest when she arrived at 3am. Normally, we are able to accommodated room change requests quickly and with no wait time. However, this guest made another request for a specific type of room, which only a handful of rooms exist in our hotel. Additionally, the request came at 9:30am, well before our 12pm check-out time and all the rooms fitting this decription were occupied from the night before. We were able to get her room changed prior to our standard 3pm check-in time.

As for the signage for the elevators, we greatly appreciate the feedback and management will research the costs associated with installing signage for both elevators. I am not sure why her room was not serviced on Friday, July 6th, but I will research that with our Executive Housekeeper.

We pride ourselves on our ability to make things right prior our guests departure, and this reviewer fails to say whether she brought any of these issues to the attention of management at anytime during her visit. Our sincere desire is that anytime one of our guests experiences an issue at our hotel, they bring them it to our attention so we can try to make it right.

Larry Strachan

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our room was clean and big enough. Our room was on 2nd floor and the layout of the hotel was unfriendly. We walked what seemed to be 1/4 mile to the room. At breakfast, the food was satisfactory but I didn't appreciate trying to eat and the breakfast lady crawling under our table to clean up some eggs my son had dropped. I would have cleaned up had I been given opportunity. The same lady watched us the rest of our breakfast as if we were raised in a barn and she needed to swoop in to clean manure. Upon returning to our room, the key no longer worked.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank lalabrow
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are proud of the hard work our housekeeping staff does to keep our hotel clean, and it shows. I am sorry that you felt your walk to your room was more of a hike. Additionally, I apologize if one of our breakfast attendants was intrusive while you and your family were enjoying your breakfast. We try to maintain a clean breakfast area and it sounds like she was a bit overzealous in her efforts to keep the area clean. We feel we offer a great value and hotel experience to our guests and I hope you will consider visiting us again when in the Nashville area.

Larry Strachan

Reviewed June 22, 2012

staff was nice, price was good, very good breakfast, nice clean rooms,great location , close to airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear kataTexas,

We are glad to hear feedback from valued guests like you. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with the rooms you stayed in. Rest assured these would be looked into and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.