“Just Okay”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Ranked #67 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The air conditioning was great and the internet worked well. The double rooms have full beds instead of queen size beds. Nothing special or luxurious but okay for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Last week end (04/13-04/15) we went to Nashville to participate on my cousin's wedding celebrations and stayed at this hotel. Since our arrival we noticed the excellent staff ,they were ready to serve and help at any time, the room was very clean and well equipped, wonderful beds and pillows , a great breakfast service and quality.My daughters ask for extra towells and in less than 5 minutes they delivered to our room with the same positive actitude. We would like to appreciate to the management and staff for the excellent customer service provided.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We arrived early (before noon) & they kindly worked it out so we could get our rooms (even next to each other). Apparently, there are not refrigerators & microwaves in the rooms, but when we requested a fridge, one was delivered soon after. The rooms we had were very small, but clean & sufficient for our stay. We enjoyed the Internet, a flat screen TV, comfortable beds and the fitness room. Our main complaint had to do with the breakfast. It seems that they don't vary it (we were there 4 days) & ran out of juice one morning, out of milk another couple of mornings, have stale bread, and the "fresh" fruit looks unappetizing (green bananas, squishy oranges, old bruised apples). Renovations were going on in the hotel, but that didn't interfere with our stay.

Room Tip: Can be noisy during the day for the inside rooms. Kids were playing ball outside my room one day.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Used my points for a food value. Bathroom had mil along the tub. A shame as it appears the bathrooms were done recently.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Adjtrav,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as mold very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. Its at least 25 years old and in need of a major update. The staff for the most part were very friendly, but the housekeeping staff on our floor were very loud during the day (they kept yelling things at each as they worked in different rooms up and down the hall). The staff also ate breakfast during guest breakfast hours. It would have been nice if they had waited until after guest breakfast times. One of the staff thought that the food was finger food. He didn't use the tongs to pick up things. He got something from one of the bins, didn't like it, threw it in the trash and then reached back in and got another item. I also noticed that guests had to wait to get breakfast items because the staff was busy getting items for themselves. When I checked out, the lady at the desk didn't even ask how the stay was, thank me for staying or in general act liked she even cared. I will be glad to let the general manager know who she is!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear tsmlcs,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Again, thank you for all your valuable comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true InterContinental service.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Typical HIE hotel but it needs a bit of renovation. The location is close to the airport although a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

lenusvyat,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We are always working to improve, and the comments we received from guests like you will help us to do so. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express many times in the past and always been pleased. When I was there this week I was very pleasantly to find they have done some updating including their beds. Seriously, this was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever found in my travels. Nice and firm but with that great new pillow-top.

I also appreciate their ventilation system. Not only was the temperature consistent with what I chose, but I could also control the fan speed and create my own 'white noise' - - not that I needed it - - there was little outside noise to worry about.

And, as always, the staff at this hotel is among the best. Always courteous, prompt, willing to offer local suggestions for just about anything - - front desk staff and shuttle drivers. I've never had need to visit with others - - no problems EVER.

This one is always at the top of my list of preferred airport hotels in the Nashville area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ttowncross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Mrs Simptom,
I am thrilled to hear you had a pleasant stay. Although I'm not allowed to try out the beds, I am told they are a great prescription to a busy, stressful day. I am also very happy, but not surprised, you enjoyed the freindliness of our staff. We have a great team here and love each one of our guests. We hope to host you again in the near future, have a great week!