“Nice hotel - useless internet.”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Ranked #67 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Booked on priceline for $55 + $18 tax (!).

My wife and I stayed here for one night en route to Ft Worth. The room itself was very comfortable with a king size bed, love seat and relatively new flat screen TV. And although there were lots of children staying here, we did enjoy a quiet night of uninterrupted sleep.

The much advertised hot breakfast was merely adequate. Neither of us were brave enough to try the omelets nor the pancakes, but the sausages and biscuits were fine. We didn't sample any of the continental fare.

Finally, the wifi in our room was utterly useless as it took minutes to download basic pages like CNN and Facebook (think 1999 dial up speeds). If you need a room with a relatively fast internet, look somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
ttowncross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy with our recent renovations and are glad you like the new beds and TV's! In response to the internet issue, we have had periods of slow internet as we are going through system upgrades. We are improving our signal strength to allow for faster download speeds and everyday surfing. This should be done within the next few weeks. We hope you consider us again on your next trip to Nashville. Thanks again for your positive comments!

Trevor Cross

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Booked on hotwire. Great safe location clustered off the main road near lots of similar hotels and trees. Roger checked us in and was extremely nice. New tv was good. Beds are big and very comfy. Bathroom needs a fan but not a big deal. A/C beat the Nashville heat & humidity easily. Would def stay again next time in town. Knowing Roger is there for you makes all the difference.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We arrived at 11pm to an overflowing lobby and only one desk clerk on duty. However, Roger was excellent in checking us all in quickly and personally, while even multi-tasking to provide Wii controllers to awaiting kids. We left the hotel bright and early the next morning at 8:30, so we weren't there for long at all.

It was an okay place for an overnight stay. I don't think it would work well for an extended stay. It's a little older and in some disrepair.

All of the staff we came in contact with were polite and helpful. The room was clean and well-equipped. It's in a great location, and all areas of Nashville are easily accessible.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
ttowncross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you said Roger is a huge asset to our staff and I will be happy to pass on your praise. I am also glad you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming and that our hotel provided you with what you were looking for. We are currently rennovating our rooms including new tv's, beds, and carpeting. We should be finished by the end of July should you decide to re-visit. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and for your comments.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

It wasn't dirty or anything, just dated and showing its age. It was ok for staying one night so no one would try to drink and drive after we showed our friends around downtown Nashville. I would say the biggest problem was that there wasn't a fan in the bathroom. Yes, the TV is old, but you can still watch it, that's not why you pick a hotel anyway. And it's always nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Very sub par Holiday Inn Express. Bedding and mattress was of poor quality, not the fluffy kind HIE usually promises. Hotel had an odor. TV was old and small. No screens on the window. Paint and wallpaper was peeling. Furniture was cheap and lackluster. I felt very dissatisfied by the entire experience from pulling up till leaving. I am sorry I booked two days here... Going to be a long trip instead of the relaxing getaway I had been anticipating.

• Stayed: March 2011
ttowncross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

I am very concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. At any point during your stay did you express your concerns to a staff member or manager? If not, I would love to have the chance to discuss some of your concerns either by phone or email. Guest satisfaction is an important component of hotel operations and I would like your feedback to help us improve in areas which are lacking. Please see my contact information below and do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time and honesty!

Trevor Cross
trevor.cross@oplhotels.com
615.515.1004

Reviewed January 7, 2011

The rooms were average. Clean but with a few imperfections here and there. The beds were a bit on the hard side, but I didn't lose sleep over it. The pillows were nice in having the choice to pick "soft" or "firm". The 27" TV (if that) was horrible and needs updating. We didnt use the pool area, as it was winter. Customer service was ok. Staff was polite. However, I called desk to say we didn't need room cleaning but would like fresh towels. I was told someone would bring them but they never did. I went to the desk and got them myself (3 hrs later) and they apologized. Not a huge deal. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! I was impressed. Nice selection: Milk, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, toast, bagels, muffins. Someone was working the area to replenish items and clean up. The lobby is nice. When you walk in, the first thing you see is a fireplace and seating areas - just beyond reception. To go downtown, its about 15 min drive or so. We called the front desk, and had them arrange a shuttle which saves a little $ I guess. They said a cab from here to downtown is $30+ each way. The shuttle was $25 there and if you took it back too, it was $20 on way back. We stayed here 3 nts over NYE weekend. We booked it off of Hotwire for $60 a night. And for that price, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
ttowncross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. TripAdvisor is a great tool for hotel managers to track performace and guest satisfaction. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you had a few minor inconveniences during your stay however I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope you feel like you received a good value for your stay and hope you think of us again if visiting Nashville in the future. Thank you for staying with us and Happy New Year!

-Trevor

Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have stayed here twice now with the same purpose to stay the night before my early morning flight from Nashville - BNA to some west coast or inner mountain destination. This last time was as good if not better. They have 24 hour friendly bus delivery and pickup to and from the airport and the place is spotless and very convenient not more than 8-10 minutes to the airport. This last visit when I got back my car battery was dead and when the driver heard me calling Triple A, he came right out from behind the desk and brought his jumper cables and got me started saving me a wait with Triple A and getting me on my way home to Chattanooga.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo