“TN Treasure”

and up
Fontanel Mansion Tour
Ranked #12 of 253 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Fontanel Mansion is a 27,000 square foot log home formerly owned by Country Music Hall of Fame member Barbara Mandrell, and is Nashville's only country music mansion tour giving visitors a sneak peek into the lives of country music greats. The home, situated on the 200 plus acre property, is nestled in the rolling hills of the Whites Creek Valley. With The Inn at Fontanel, the Woods Amphitheater, Pritchard's Distillery, Natchez Hills Winery, Cafe Fontanella, Music City Ziplines by Adventure Works, The Trails and Metro Parks Greenway, it is easy to see why Fontanel is one of Nashville's premier destinations. We offer a family and dog friendly atmosphere located just minutes from downtown Nashville in Whites Creek. Open 7 days a week...Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 30, 2012

You don't want to miss this TN treasure. Hands on tour with knowledgeable/talented tour guide, Mark Brooks. Come hungry and eat in the restaurant afterwards.

There are newer reviews for Fontanel Mansion

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I attended a private party held at the Fontanel; an ideal location for just about any event. A shuttle escort took us up the winding, one-lane drive to the mansion; a large and beautiful cabin that makes our own abode's logs look like toothpicks. We enjoyed the band's performance (it was an album release party) in the great room and then drifted off to other areas for a quieter atmosphere conducive to conversation. There was a plethora of music history in the rooms, on the walls...everywhere. The current owners have maintained a down-home feel while also displaying touches of the glamorous side of country music (without going over-the-top). It was the type of place that you walk into and instantly feel a sensation of comfort ("Hey, I could live here!") and an electricity of importance (as in, big deals have taken place here) at the same time.

Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Very cool review you have given us! I love the way you decribed the event you attended at Fontanel mansion. Most people have the chance to tour the mansion during normal business hours, but if you are lucky enough to get invited to a privite party at Fontanel it is surely one you will remember. You cannot possible get bored in this home. I am glad you felt at home and comfortable. That is exactly the vibe we want to set for our guest. We host many private parties, events and weddings at the mansion. Next time you or one of your friends needs a venue unlike anyother, suggest Fontanel Mansion.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a house. So thankful that it is available to go see. I appreciate the owners of the home for allowing tours. I know it is probably a lot to manage, but it makes tourist feel very warm and welcome. We met Steven Whitson, the tour guide. What a great guy, who can sing too. He was very knowledgeable about the Mandrell family and the facts surrounding how the home was built. The home is full of country music memorabilia. Steven was full of interesting "inside stories" on virtually every aspect of the tour and made us feel very comfortable about asking questions. We were able to take pictures and to learn about the life of the Mandrell's to me was very enjoyable. Thanks to the owners once again and Steven for being an awesome tour guide. I will come back. I am sure I am going to miss the Farmhouse restaurant though. I liked it so much from when we toured last summer as well as this summer.

Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank so much for your great review. It is such a blessing that the owners have opened up the property to the public. It seems like you had a great time on the tour. Isn't STeven great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steven has been with Fontanel since it opened and we are so happy he is still with us. The people that work on the property are so talented and we are lucky to have them. I know you loved the Farmhouse Restaurant, but I have to tell you that Cafe Fontanella is incredible. I strongly suggest that you give it a try. You won't be dissappointed. We have wonderful live music in the cafe and the best Italian food you've ever had. We also have some American dishes and we are open for breakfast on the weekends. I hope you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our tour guild was great, he told us about the history of the cabin, all about Barbara's family and friends that visited their home. We got to pick up things and take lots of pictures. It was so much fun and very interesting.

Fun it the name of the game. When someone comes to visit Fontanel and had fun, we know we are doing our jobs. And what a great job we have??? Thanks for visiting and come back and see us again real soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wow! I didn't know what to expect...but got more than I could have imagined. Tour guide, Steven Whitson, serenaded us with a song he wrote that gave me chill bumps! Plus, got to thumb through Barbara Mandrell's address book! Score!

I love it when people are amazed and surprised by what Fontanel has to offer. I think some things are better left discovered than announced. So, its really cool that you wrote this reveiw. Thank you and come back and see us again reall soon. Check out our website. There is always something fun going on.