“Wow!”

and up
Fontanel Mansion Tour
Ranked #12 of 255 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Fontanel Mansion is a 27,000 square foot log home formerly owned by Country Music Hall of Fame member Barbara Mandrell, and is Nashville's only country music mansion tour giving visitors a sneak peek into the lives of country music greats. The home, situated on the 200 plus acre property, is nestled in the rolling hills of the Whites Creek Valley. With The Inn at Fontanel, the Woods Amphitheater, Pritchard's Distillery, Natchez Hills Winery, Cafe Fontanella, Music City Ziplines by Adventure Works, The Trails and Metro Parks Greenway, it is easy to see why Fontanel is one of Nashville's premier destinations. We offer a family and dog friendly atmosphere located just minutes from downtown Nashville in Whites Creek. Open 7 days a week...Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Mansion is the correct description in my opinion. This 27,000 sq/ft facility is a terrific place to host a very special event. The company I work with just had their 25th anniversary celebration at Fontanel. We were fortunate enough to have guided tours allowing us to see the entire place. The tour guides were very knowledgeable about the mansion's history and they did an outstanding job in sharing all the details with us. It was very neat to see where Barbara Mandrell and her family lived for so may years. There is a lot of the original belongings and decor from when the family resided there to enjoy looking at. I spent at least 1 hour just looking at all of the photos of Barbara and all of her famous friends scattered throughout the mansion. The Fontanel Mansion is really worth considering If you are looking to have a memorable event at a place that will make everyone say "Wow".

Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

How cool you got to have a 25th anniversary party at Fontanel Mansion? It is the perfect place for private events and weddings. Everyone always has so much fun and they leave with smiles on their faces. I'm glad the guides were there to show you the home. They are experts in entertaining and also the home. WE are truely lucky to have incredibly talented artist that work on the property. I hope you get to come back for another event, but if you can't bring your family back to Fontanel for Christmas. We have about 13 trees going up and the place looks stunning.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Be sure to use you AAA card and senior discount on the tour tickets. The tour guide was awesome @ his job and very friendly. The estate was very unique and beautiful. The workmenship was just beautiful. After the tour we went to eat @ the restruant the food was Italian and the best I have ever had. I very nice day trip. The staff very very friendly and helpful. In the mansion you were able to be very comfortable and touch items and set on the furniture. Very Very welcoming.

Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We are so happy you came to visit us. Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to be able to offer a AAA discount. It's great you took advantage of eating at our fabulous restaurant. I think it's the best Italian food I've ever had too!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Tour guide, Steven Whitson, gave a wonderful tour of the mansion and provided lots of interesting details of the local Nashville scene and many fun family details. We highly recommended that you request Steven as your guide!

Thank for letting us know what a great time you had at Fontanel. We think Mark is a great guide too!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nice tour. Staff was very friendly. Beautiful estate. Great place to go and see a concert as well. I did not know much about Ken and Barbara but that has changed. It was nice how they let you take the guitars off the wall and take pictures with them. It was a great experience.

1  Thank Mandy l

It sounds like you had a great day at Fontanel. We love our employees that work here and they love their job. IT shows!!!! I love to hear about guest making friends with other guest. When you leave the tour, everyone is one big happy family. I'm so glad you had Vance. He sure is talented . Thank you for taking time to write this great review.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been a big fan of Barbara Mandrell for many years. This was a great tour to see the beautiful home that she lived in and her children grew up in. The guide was wonderful, very knowledgeable, and happily answered any questions asked. Barbara's daughter actually works there at the mansion.
The only negative I found was there was WAY too many pictures and too much memorabilia from other artists that I had no interest in. I would have liked to see more pictures of Barbara and her family when they actually lived in the house, showing them in various rooms there. I couldn't care less how many awards Big and Rich have won, or seeing Gretchen Wilson's guitar. There was just too much promotion of other low-profile artists that can't even begin to touch the status that Barbara once had.
I wish I had been able to see some of Barbara's instruments and maybe some things from the variety show she had with her sisters.
All in all, it was a beautiful home. Just too much filler, and not enough Barbara.

2  Thank Teresa A

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I understand your frustraition with other artist being on display at Fontanel, however with the current owners involvement with those artist it is important to them to let their artist 'shine'. We wish we had some of Barbara's instruments too! When she retired, she sold her most of her instruments. She kept her steel guitar (which in in the Hall of Fame) and her Dobro (which is in her home). I hope you were able to see some of her incredible awards on display at Fontanel. We are so lucky she agreed to show them at her former home. I hope you come back again and thank you for your loyalty to Ms. Mandrell.