“Enjoyed the tour” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Fontanel Mansion Tour
Ranked #6 of 244 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Fontanel Mansion is a 27,000 square foot log home formerly owned by Country Music Hall of Fame(R) member Barbara Mandrell, and is Nashville's only country music mansion tour giving visitors a sneak peek into the lives of country music greats. The home, situated on the 136 acre property, is nestled in the rolling hills of the Whites Creek Valley. With The Inn at Fontanel, the Woods Amphitheater, Pritchard's Distillery the Pepsi Studio Gallery, Cafe Fontanella, Music City Ziplines by Adventure Works, The Trails and Metro Parks Greenway, it is easy to see why Fontanel is becoming one of Nashville's premier destinations. We offer a family and dog friendly atmosphere located just minutes from downtown Nashville in Whites Creek. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been a big fan of Barbara Mandrell for many years. This was a great tour to see the beautiful home that she lived in and her children grew up in. The guide was wonderful, very knowledgeable, and happily answered any questions asked. Barbara's daughter actually works there at the mansion.
The only negative I found was there was WAY too many pictures and too much memorabilia from other artists that I had no interest in. I would have liked to see more pictures of Barbara and her family when they actually lived in the house, showing them in various rooms there. I couldn't care less how many awards Big and Rich have won, or seeing Gretchen Wilson's guitar. There was just too much promotion of other low-profile artists that can't even begin to touch the status that Barbara once had.
I wish I had been able to see some of Barbara's instruments and maybe some things from the variety show she had with her sisters.
All in all, it was a beautiful home. Just too much filler, and not enough Barbara.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Teresa A
Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I understand your frustraition with other artist being on display at Fontanel, however with the current owners involvement with those artist it is important to them to let their artist 'shine'. We wish we had some of Barbara's instruments too! When she retired, she sold her most of her instruments. She kept her steel guitar (which in in the Hall of Fame) and her Dobro (which is in her home). I hope you were able to see some of her incredible awards on display at Fontanel. We are so lucky she agreed to show them at her former home. I hope you come back again and thank you for your loyalty to Ms. Mandrell.

South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth the Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is an incredible house - built of logs but not your typical log cabin!!! We were in Nashville but, oddly, not because we like country music but to visit the plantations and see what Nashville has to offer. We stumbled on this because of Trip Advisor's recommendations. The tour guide assumed we knew all about BM's family so I was too embarrassed to ask questions. I would have found it helpful to be told at the beginning her husband's and children's names and given updates on them and Barbara as well. That aside, we enjoyed the tour and this unique house.

1 Thank southcarolinausa
I'm so happy you took the reviews on trip advisor and decided to visit Fontanel. I am sorry the guide didnt' tell you more about Barbara's family and I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable enough to ask questions. We want everyone to have a interactive experience and ask lots of questions throughout the tour. Barbara's children's names are Matt, Jaime and Nathan. Jaime works at Fontanel and is responsible for all the personal pictures and displays in Fontanel. I hope you come back. Chances are you wiill get to meet Jaime since she like to pop in on the tours when she has time. Thanks again for giving us 4 stars and we hope to see you again soon.
Bismarck, North Dakota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tour of a mansion with the worlds nicest guy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our visit to Fontanel was amazing. The tour starts as any other but than the knowledge of our tour guide showed he really cares for his job, the mansion and the family. His singing ability and true southern hospitality made the tour enjoyable for everyone in our group ranging in age from 8-69. Our tour guide was Steven Whitson. We have traveled all over the US, inclusive of Hawaii and Alaska, and Steven was by far the best tour guide that we ever had. The tour started in the driveway of the mansion as he gave a bit of an overview regarding the history of the house and the meaning behind the 3 bears that you see. He then took us into the house and we were introduced to the great room. There is a piano that was used by Big and Rich and guitars that were once used by country music stars line the walls. It was there in the great room that Steven took a star's guitar and sang a song to our daughters that made them melt. The song was titled THE ONE and you can see it on you-tube if you care to see a talented tour guide sing. Our tour progressed though the entertainment room to the children's bedrooms to the master bedroom and the master bathroom. We also got the see the indoor gun range as well as the pool. The house was fascinating since I was never in a 27,000 sq ft log home before but what made the tour something that we will never forget was the personality of Steven. God shines through him and that is not a joke or an exaggeration. When asked about his faith he is not afraid to say that he is trying to make it in the music business but will give it all up if it is not in God's will for his life. We did buy 2 of his CDs there. He has a Country music CD as well as a Gospel CD. Our kids have pretty much wore out the country CD and we adults sure enjoy listening to him sing the old gospel songs. Do NOT pass up a tour of the Fontanel Mansion with Steven Whitson if you have any opportunity to go.

Visited August 2012
We think Steven Whitson is the world's nicest guy too! I'm so happy you joined us for a tour and thank you for taking the time to write us an amazing review. Also, thank you for supporting Steven. He has been working at Fontanel since we opened in June 2010 and we are blessed to have him. I hope you come back and visit us again.
Novato, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is one of the best tours I've been on. Can't say I knew who Barbara mandell was before the tour but I knew just about everyone she entertained in that house.
Very relaxed atmosphere and beautiful log house!! Make sure to charge your camera battery. And Steve is an awesome guide!!!

You make an excellent point....even if you don't know who Barbara Mandrell is, you will enjoy this tour. We have so much to share and it is awesome that you decided to visit us and write us a great review.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable on Multiple Levels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was an experience my husband and I both enjoyed very much, although we have very different tastes and limited knowlege of Barbara Mandrell or the country music business. From a purely architectural standpoint this is a very interesting tour. Steven Whitson was our very engaging guide who added immeasurably to our enjoyment of the mansion. He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the building of the home, as well as the personal histories of the Mandrell family and the current owners.The home is full of country music memorabilia from both of these entities. It was by far the most accessible, unhurried tour I have ever been on. Steven was full of interesting "inside stories" on virtually every aspect of the tour and made us feel very comfortable about asking questions, taking pictures, etc. I felt pretty sure that I would enjoy the tour going into it but was concerned that my husband wouldn't be as enthusiastic. The biggest surprise of the day was how much he did enjoy himself. I am certain this was due to Steven's down home charm and hospitality.

Visited August 2012
We are so proud to have Steven work at Fontanel. Even if you don't like country music, you are sure to enjoy the beautiful home and awesome guides. Thank you for taking time out to visit us and write this great review. We hope you come back and see us again soon. Maybe next time, stop at our restaurant, Cafe Fontanella. You won't be sorry.