“You get what you pay for.”

Somatel Nashville Airport
Ranked #115 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Guntersville, Alabama
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Not a bad room for the price but when I made my reservation and let them know I would need a quiet room (after reading a review about the noisy pool) and again mentioned the need for a quiet room when I called to confirm my reservation, I was a little surprised to find my room - quess where - RIGHT NEXT TO THE POOL!!! The opposite side of the building appeared to be vacant. Also the manager called me on my cell phone at 6:30 in the evening, as I was on my way to Nashville, to ask me if I was coming!?! I had already called in the morning to confirm. Why would he be calling me? He had my credit card and could have charged me if I didn't show up. It was a little creepy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oakland, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Our room was right by the pool and it was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very nice. The next morning we went to get breakfast. There wasnt much choice but it was good. The manager made me a waffle. He was very nice and finny.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Drove down from NW Indiana to visit our daughter. Called Friday morning 7/12 5:30 AM and spoke with a women who answered the phone, asked for ground floor, close to the pool and reserved for two nights. She said "I'm going to put you right next to the pool". Got there around 7 PM, the person behind the counter in his broken English said he was the owner and had no such reservation. Had my name but had us on the second floor. He then said there is no women there answering the phone, basically calling me a liar. I told him the time I called, he then said it was someone new and he would talk to her. So here's what I get..handicapped room, queen bed, facing the parking lot. I had already paid for 2 nights otherwise I would have left! Got moved the next day to room that was next to the pool,room was filthy. If you want to stay at a dump, this is the place. Spend the extra $ for something better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank William F

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Falls city
Reviewed July 17, 2013

After reading the reviews we thought it might be a middle of the road motel. Not bad but not great. It was awful. The carpet was disgusting. We couldn't take our socks off, and they were black after one night. We got here at midnight and after driving from Texas didn't feel like trying to find something that late, but we were out of there by 7 am. Not worth saving some money. Also there was a burn mark on the carpet between the beds. It was in the shape of an iron. That section of carpet was just missing. Airplanes flying overhead and sirens going off all night!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mmoore75
MStarNashville, Public Relations Manager at Somatel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing M-Star Hotel Nashville Airport, and we apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay. Your review will definitely help us improve our hotel and ensure that the standards which we wish to maintain are upheld. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the airplane and other noise as we are an Airport property and proud of our proximity to the airport for the convenience of our guests.

We are still in process of renovating and updating our property, part of which is addressing the carpet issue which you pointed out . The carpet in over 70% of our hotel has been replaced with brand new carpet in the past year, and we aiming to have the remaining rooms completed by the end of this year. I apologize that you had a room which did not have new carpet, but assure you that we are taking steps to make sure all of our rooms are up to the highest standard. If you are in the area again, we would appreciate you stopping by so we can show you what we have to offer. If in the future you have any issues while at our property, please do bring it to our attention so we can address it immediately - your comfort and pleasant experience is our ultimate goal!
Liverpool, England
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We found ourselves here as we were booking into Nashville coincidentally during the CMAs and the city was full. We got a real cheap deal on the hotel so wr weren't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, located near amenities and close to the highway. We stayed 2 nights and could have managed there longer if we had needed to. If you want a cheap base to stay so you can spend your money in Tootsies or the likes, then stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Nutytart
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Surprisingly good Hotel in Nashville! I was looking for cheap, but decent (which doesn't happen often) on my last leg of a cross-country trip from California to Virginia and it honestly was "the roll of the dice."

It had what you "need" for a comfortable stay: It was CLEAN (which is a big plus); the bed was comfortable; it had air/heat... and then it had some extras: outdoor pool, continental breakfast (with self-made waffles on a waffle iron!), free wifi, cable, and the Manager was more than accommodating an friendly. He even gave me the rate I found on the internet without making me book it on my smartphone.

It is in an area with decent food joints around it (I recommend Bar-B-Cutie, which will be another good review for me!).

If you can handle an occasional plane flying overhead (you are near the airport) and a distant train whistle, you'll do fine. I am a light sleeper and was never woke up.

If I have to stay in a hotel in Nashville, I will book here from now on. Save my money for eating at some great food joints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank travelingpastor777
Wahington DC
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive to stay here. I really needed to save money this trip, so I took a chance. Staying in a 2-star or less...well...we consider that camping. :) Ok, so I checked in and asked the clerk "is it safe here?" He said "Please don't worry." Well, I worried and it was for nothing. Although I locked my car, I repeatedly checked on my car (ragtop). It was fine. I had to be there for 8 days and all was fine, except the two nights where one lovely lady insisted on standing on the balcony to smoke her cigarettes and yell into her cell phone. (I was not impressed.) Aside from that, the room was tiny, but the bed was clean, the water was hot. I never tried the breakfast, but the clerk was very nice. The young lady working for housekeeping was delightful and did a thorough job, inquiring of things I might like to have done. I was glad to check out after a week there, but it was around $40/night and the savings allowed me to extend my travel plans for some R&R.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business