“Good Burger” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
East Lansing, Michigan
“Good Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Good place if you're looking for good food. Around 10 bucks a person. Fast service. Not a chain restaurant burger, which is always a plus.

Nashville, Tennessee
“A little disappointed, but still very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had read about how good the burgers were at Gabby's and I finally had an opportunity to eat there when my schedule matched up with theirs (they are only open until 2:30 pm each day except Friday [7:30 pm] and are closed on Sundays). We were out for a day of being 'local tourists', trying to do some of the things folks do when they come to Nashville, yet, the locals never seem to leave their friendly confines!

The place is very small, but also very effecient, there also isn't a lot of parking. They offer a few different sandwiches besides burgers, but I've got to believe it's the burgers that makes this place hum. You can smell the wonderful aroma of griddle cooked beef from the parking lot (maybe because the door was open with a line of people waiting to get in)! You stand in line (I'm sure it's hardly ever slow enough that you're not standing in line), go to the cashier and order your meal and pay and give them your name, grab your drink and a seat and wait for them to call your name and you finally get to put your hands on a really good burger.

I ordered mine "easy on the sauces" as standard offerings are lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions, ketchup, mayo and mustard. If my burger was easy on the sauces, you'll need to eat your burger in a bathtub! I had waaaaay too much mustard for my liking and the ketchup and mayo helped make sure everything else was like trying to stack marbles. The burger itself was really good and had a delicious meaty flavor, but I would have liked a little seasoning to draw out the best flavors from the meat.

I ordered the double (swiss & cheddar) with fries and my wife had the single (american) with sweet potato fries. Other sides are pasta salad and watermelon (in season) and maybe a couple of more that I'm forgetting. The french fries were 'homestyle' (skins left on), but weren't cooked as crisp as I would have liked. On the other hand, my wife LOVED the sweet potato fries as they were thick cut which highlighted the sweet potato flavor, but still cooked with a crispy outer crust.

All in all, this is a really good burger, but I would have liked to have enjoyed it more if I could have better tasted the meat and less the sauces and if the fries had been a little more crisp.

Frankfort, Kentucky
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We did a search for the Best Burger in Nashville and Gabby's kept popping up on the search. It is always a good sign for me when a small local spot has folks standing in line out the door. Very friendly staff with a no non-sense delivery of an outstanding product.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Waited too Long To Visit Gabby's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

As I have said before, I consider myself a burger aficionado. Well, I will never listen to another "so called" expert again. Or maybe it paid off by waiting several years to dine there, Anyway, They got it right! Simple and good. The special of the month was a June Burger, The June Burger is 2 Grass Fed Beef patties, cheese, crispy fried onions, bar-be-cue sauce, bacon and desired toppings. It was great. Cooked on a griddle and moved to a grill to finish. Very savory burger. The regular menu has 2 burgers on it. Basically a single and a double. They looked delectable! The available sides are fries, sweet potato fries or pasta salad. I had the sweet potato fries and they are "Nashville's Best" in my opinion. My friend had the regular fries and spoke very highly about them, They are hand cut and great. There are home made desserts that looked great. If you love burgers, GO!

North Bay, Canada
“You must stop here….”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were travelling through from North Ontario to New Orleans and wanted to include this place in our trip. The former reviews on this place is the reason we stopped. The restaurant is only open 4 hrs a day and closed on Sunday so plan you stop properly. This place served us the BEST sweet potato fries we have ever had. The burgers were great I ordered a blue cheese burger and loved it. I would definitely go back in a second. We had a chance to meet the owner and he is defenetly the reason for this places success. We will return

• Visited May 2014