“Great Dog's”

Cuisines: American
Mufreesboro
“Great Dog's”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited The Dog just on a Whim as we walked by. The We just had a Chili Dog but it was amazing and the service was fantastic.I would suggest The Dog to anyone

• Visited April 2013

“Great casual place!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I picked it because it had good reviews and I could easily meet some out of town family members there. Ended up being a fantastic find for my friend (who lives in TN) and for my family! Food was also awesome!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Love the dog and the bun!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I were craving a hot dog and decided to venture to Dog of Nashville. I had a citipass coupon for a BOGO hot dog. It's a very casual atmosphere. We ordered a Philly and Chicago hot dog and fries to go. The service was quick and the nice server brought our to go food out at the table. After a 15m drive home, the food was still warm to my surprise. I must say, the hot dogs were delicious. If you like Philly Cheese Steaks, the Philly Hot Dog is just for you. It's loaded with sauteed onions, peppers and smothered cheese. My husband's Chicago dog takes you back to Chicago! The best part of the dog was the bun! I'm not sure if they make it there, I do know that it's not your regular bun.

• Visited February 2013
Cheatham County, TN
“Mind the dog: it snaps!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not much in the way of decor, this casual beer-and-doghouse serves a variety of buns that enclose real beef hot dogs, the kind that snap when you bite into them, not those mushy extrusions of bologna that most places sell, with plentiful and various toppings, Chicago dog has that strange psycho-blue-green relish and nearly-authentic sport peppers. The Italian dog came with a big heap of meatballs and sauce. Sides include home-made potato chips, matchstick fries, salads, fried pickles. Though spending $20 for a couple of dressed-up frankfurters and a side and soft drink seems stiff, I had to take home some of my meal in a bag. A doggie bag! Our server was attentive, knowledgeable, and over-the-top helpful. The painted floor was worn, but the black tables were clean, there were plenty of containers of mustard, hot sauce, and whatever you might need to tame your own dog. Come here! Sit! Stay! Good dog!

• Visited January 2013
Lakewood, Ohio
“Great hot dog, blah service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We all loved our hot dogs, but the service was pretty bad. The young kid at the register seemed to be bothered by questions about the menu and seemed to not care about having a job. Getting past that, it was one of the best hot dogs I've ever had. I had the Philly dog and have thought about it since my trip. It's also the most I've spent for a hot dog outside of a sporting event. The atmosphere was nothing special as it is right by the Vanderbilt campus. It is somewhere I would go again based only on the food. I hope the staff gets an upgrade.