“Great stop on a long trip.”

The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 2,163 Restaurants in Nashville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wild Cow serves vegetarian & vegan fare in a fun, casual environment in the heart of East Nashville!
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped in here on our trip from Dallas to Detroit. Reminded me of our own spiral diner in Dfw. I had the kale and tofu bowl and gluten free hostess cupcake, both great! BBQ grinder was ok, but cold udon salad side, excellent! Great beers.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Absolutely everything we ate here was 100% perfection. I wish I lived in Nashville so we could eat here all the time After we had such a good night's sleep in our hotel (Baymont Inn and Suites in Murfreesboro) we decided to stay another night so we could get organized...and eat at The Wild Cow again!

Oh, and their desserts are just amazing. Especially the Grasshopper cake! OMG!

Eat! Here! :)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went for what we hoped would be a nice dinner with interesting food. We were seated quickly in what was evidently a lull in the dinner rush, because for the rest of the meal the goal seemed to be to get us out of there as fast as possible. While my husband was still mid-meal, as soon as I laid my fork down, someone was there to snatch my half-full plate away. Patrons waiting to be seated were scowling at us from the doorway (nearby restaurants have waiting areas). The lights were very bright and the place was noisy with all the atmosphere of a mall food court. The food was OK but we didn't really have a chance to enjoy the meal. On the plus side, the draft beer was good.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We ate here late on a Sunday afternoon while visiting Nashville in early December. The GPS takes you easily to the address of this new, contemporary building. However, The Wild Cow is not readily visible from the parking area. Since we had never been before we thought at first that maybe the restaurant had closed and been replaced. We almost left but at the last minute asked a group of people in the parking lot and they told us it was around the corner facing the street. The restaurant is small and informal with fast-food-like small tables. Quirky decor with framed photos of animals. Service was prompt and efficient. We ordered the meal of side dishes so we could have a variety. The sides are served in very small white bowls with fairly deep sides. We had pineapple coleslaw, lentils, mashed sweet potatoes, pinto beans and garlicky kale. These are priced at about $3 each--fairly pricey for the sizes. All were tasty and well prepared. Some of these (coleslaw and kale for example) are difficult to eat with a fork from the small bowls due to the sides of the bowls. Minor inconvenience. BUT, the noise level in this small place is too loud with the rap "noise" constantly booming. I don't get it. It didn't appear to me that their clientele would be the type to be into rap. We probably would not return unless I knew the dishes were different, portions slightly larger and music more pleasant--maybe world music.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

After reading the great reviews we headed here for lunch before going out for the evening. The restaurant is in a nice neighbourhood not too far from the main bit of town. The setting is good - nice enough for dinner. The menu has lots of choice - so hard to choose what to order! The waitress was lovely, very friendly and helpful with our selections. The beans and greens dish was so good. Desserts were too good to miss but we were stuffed so we took cupcakes for take out - still delicious the next day!