“Good and different”

The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 2,053 Restaurants in Nashville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wild Cow serves vegetarian & vegan fare in a fun, casual environment in the heart of East Nashville!
New York
“Good and different”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Girlfriend is a vegetarian, so whenever I can find a place like this we always try it. Very good options, well prepared. Workers, as usual, were throwbacks from the 60's, which is always amusing. Very busy on a Sunday night, and all dishes we saw looked tasty.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kaylexa

Asheville, NC
“A neighborhood restaurant that's worth a trip across town”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

First a disclaimer: I'm not a vegetarian. As a result my review may be a whole lot less useful than one by a person with more experienced vegetarian tastes. But, if a vegetarian restaurant can impress a dedicated carnivore like me, then it tells you that this place is doing something right and can appeal to a much broader audience.

I had the sweet potato and black bean burrito. It was hearty and there was enough of it to satisfy my hunger. I added a little salt, but then that's just me. I salt just about everything short of chocolate ice cream. The service was excellent, and the bill for the three of us came to about $35.00 with the tip. We didn't have wine or mixed drinks. That would push the price up a little.

The neighborhood and restaurant remind me a whole lot of the West Asheville area, or of Atlanta's Virginia-Highlands section in the late 1970s. I usually expect vegetarian restaurants to be upscale, both in decor and price, but this restaurant is more like an informal, neighborhood eatery and bar. The floor is bare concrete which makes the place a little noisy, although we didn't have any trouble holding conversation at a normal voice level. The Wild Cow occupies a 1920-ish building (one of several businesses with their storefronts on the street). It's on a main street, but on-street parking is easy. We parked right in front of the entrance. Additional parking is located in the rear.

Go there and give a cow a break.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank OtherMountainDude
Gahanna,Ohio
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Loved the food and service was great. We would go again. Loved the veggie burger! Great location in East Nashville.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank vodenlittle
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Vegan Food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We first discovered The Wild Cow when we attended a festival years ago in Centennial Park and they were one of the food vendors. They were the only vegan option so we got our plates of food and were thrilled with the delicious food. Our teenaged daughter became a spinach fanatic just because of a spinach dish she got at that time and now she favors their wraps.

They have a huge selection of vegan food (even the vegetarian dishes can usually be veganized) and their beverages and desserts are unique and delicious. This is a place you can even carry non-vegans and know that they will love what they eat.

The staff is friendly and all of the food is freshly made from local ingredients. You can't go wrong at the Wild Cow. There are appetizers, main dishes, veggie sides, desserts- they have it all and it is all good.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank terril435
Riverside, California
“Interesting food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found the food to be interesting and healthy, but a rather hot and rather sour/lemony for my taste. Don't think I'd go out of my way to visit again.

• Visited August 2012