“Never again!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Harding
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Went there at 7:30, on a Thursday-not that busy, but the waitress was rude and obviously didn’t want to be there. Manager man at front desk wasn’t much better. I guess they don’t have enough staff. Food was served quickly, but eggplant was dry and more fried and thick as a chicken breast. They did bring us another entree, but they sure were not customer friendly at all.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Love this quaint little Italian restaurant outside of Nashville. We’ve had Tyler twice as a server and he always does a great job. Wine is great, food is delicious, and it’s always a plus when it’s a local, small business.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I really don't like writing negative reviews but there was just too much wrong to overlook. I've eaten at Bria several times over the past few years and all of a sudden the quality of the food has bottomed out. The Calamari appetizer can only be described as bizarre. I've eaten a good amount of calamari from a huge variety of places and never seen anything that looked like this. It was like long french fries with a chewy texture - not pleasant at all. My next huge disappointment was the trout dish I ordered. I've had it several times before but this time it was sub-par. The arugula salad with crab meat was about the only redeeming thing on the plate and even then the amount of crab meat was literally like a teaspoon. The trout itself had soggy skin that made it difficult to remove and the fish was almost mushy. I think I had two pieces but it was hard to tell because it all mushed together and the amount of fish I actually got to eat was very lacking. The shoestring fries with aoli were basically like a ball of aoli with some fries stuck to it. Very hard to eat. The couple we came with also had complaints - number one being the lipstick on a water glass for a man that doesn't wear lipstick. No one left satisfied with their meal. When my husband tried to tell the manager - just to let him know so he could work to improve or at least be aware - it was met with indifference and basically a brush off. All that being said I have to compliment our waiter. He was prompt, courteous and accommodating. We really hope this restaurant can get things straightened out because we used to really enjoy dining there. Before you go check to see if they are under new management or have a new chef - because one or both of those things are not working well.

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

Decided to try Bria and was happy we did. When we walked in, it’s horseshoe shaped bar was completely filled with people having cocktails and eating. We were seated immediately. Service was good. They have a small menu, but the entrees we ordered were very good. My husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs. He always says, “If the spaghetti and meatballs are good, it’s a good place for sure.” He gave it the thumbs up. I am lactose intolerant, so asked for the Primavera with the Pomodora sauce instead of the cream sauce. No problem there. It was delicious. We will be back.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2018

We had a nice experience here a couple of years ago and decided somewhat spur of the moment to go early on a Thursday evening for a nice meal to celebrate our anniversary. We did not have a reservation, but the restaurant was far from crowded. The manager seated us at a table right next to the restroom in spite of many other options being available. When our waiter arrived, we asked for a different table away from the restroom, so he seated us in extremely close proximity to another couple.

Everything went downhill from there. The waiter (Micah? - he never told us his name, but the manager mentioned it later) hurriedly took our order and returned with our drinks and salads. I was not even half finished with my salad when he did a quick stop to inform us our entrees were ready, asked did we want them yet, did not wait for an answer and plopped them down on the tiny table already crowded with goblets and other dishes. Did I mention that we told him we were celebrating our 45th anniversary?

The waiter never again returned to our table - no removal of dishes, no drink refills, nothing. Then he seated another couple next to us and proceeded to chat and recite the specials of the evening. At this point I lost my appetite, and my husband hunted down the manager and spoke with him about the extreme lack of service.

To the manager's credit, he did not charge us for the meal and gave us a gift card which we gave away. We do not intend to return. The food was decent, but paying $32 for 4 scallops (not including the salads and drinks which would have boosted it to $75) should have ensured a pleasant dining experience.

Date of visit: October 2018