“It would be Silly to miss this spot!”
Review of The Silly Goose - CLOSED

The Silly Goose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Frankfort, Kentucky
“It would be Silly to miss this spot!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted a quick and light lunch, so I drove out to this little jewel. I wasn't expecting the location, but the decor and vibe were great inside (although be warned that the ladies room is like walking into a sauna due to the washer & dryer in the closet). I love the local sourcing of the ingredients and with the open kitchen, you could see all the action and interaction. It made a very cool scene.

The cheese plate wasn't offered on the lunch menu, but the staff was very accomodating and let me know that if I could wait for 15 minutes or so, then the cheese could be served at the right temps. The selections were great and the accompaniments hit the spot. The bread is amazing, although I could not tell you what in the heck it was and what was in it! I also had the roasted beets and loved the balsamic reduction on them. It was very interesting to have the red & yellow varities side by side to compare their flavors.

• Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Best sandwiches and couscous you'll ever have”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love Silly Goose. It represents so much that I love about Nashville restaurants!

The food is locally-sourced (they write the day's farms on the board), the vibe laid-back, the people edgy and cool, the neighborhood unique and historic, the prices reasonable, and the chef creative. Seriously, come to Silly Goose whether you're a local or a tourist coming to town and you won't regret it!

It's some of the best iced tea you'll ever have (the green and red are fantastic). You'll have dreams of the herbed couscous when you return home. Sandwiches so good that you'll immediately start planning your return trip. My personal favorite has ham, honeyed whole grain mustard, brie, granny smith apples, and arugala. Their desserts are probably good, but I always just go next door and eat at Jenni's ice cream!

New York City, New York
“one of the best salads i ever ate!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

i was just here once but can't wait to go back. i had the best quinoa and grilled salmon salad ever! fresh, flavorful and fabulous. service was great too. this place is a gem.

Denver, Colorado
“SILLY GOOSE - an award winning CHEF”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Roderick Bailey, the chef at the SILLY GOOSE in East Nashville, was just named the Food & WIne Magazine 2013 Southeast Region Best New Chef. With that recommendation we went this weekend; the dishes are excellent, the names of the dishes are all unique and fun. I had the KING KONG (sesame couscous with curried spicy shrimp, mint, ginger, cashews, coriander, avocado). It is delicious. I was only surprised that the Coucous was cold rather than warm. Others in my party had Sparky (turkey breast, basil aioli, dried cranberries, brie,
roasted walnuts, baby greens, sun-dried tomato wrap). A thick sandwich served on a requested Gluten-free bread. It is thick and flavorful; and the Bird (grilled chicken breast, sun-dried tomato, avocado, bacon, peppered goat cheese on wholegrain bread). There is also a short list of wines by the bottle or glass. You have to ask for the Wine List. - The building is just a modern nondescript offices / restaurants / apartments in the midst of the growing and booming Eastland Avenue area. The restaurant is simple, small, plain, right next door to JENI'S Ice Store (also excellent!). We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and time. The only problem was that some of the seats were uncomfortable and hard. There is a mixture of chairs at tables, so we had to move a couple of chairs around so that sitting would be easier. The Red Bandana napkins are a pleasant relaxing touch too.

Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Silly Good”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wasn't sure I was going to like the Silly Goose. The food seemed a little to fancy for me, when we walked in the atmosphere seemed a little too hipster, and a little too crowded, but we were there and we were hungry, so we stayed. And, honestly, I'm glad we did.

The place was small, but we only waited about 5 minutes. I imagine there are times the wait is much longer. The furniture is kind of an eclectic mish-mash of items. We sat at a metal high top with metal bar stools, which wasn't too comfortable, but we dealt with it.

I broke slightly out of my comfort zone and ordered the Sparky, which was a tomato basil wrap with turkey breast, some sort of basil sauce, brie, walnuts, cranberries, and greens. It came with an herbed couscous with a balsamic reduction.

All of their menu items were very interesting mixes, made with fresh and seemingly locally grown food. The dessert menu features gourmet ice creams that I guess they change depending on the day. We got cinnamon buttermilk and it was probably the best ice cream I've eaten. It was super rich and the buttermilk gave it the sour taste of cheesecake. It was divine!