“Nice restaurant with good food but small room”
Review of The Silly Goose - CLOSED

The Silly Goose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I went to Silly Goose restaurant recently for lunch. The restaurant is located in East Nashville. It is small room and we had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table. The restaurant is loud but you can have a conversation with your table mates. The menu focuses on couscous, salads and sandwiches. I had the roast beef sandwich and Mexico City couscous. Both were very good. My wife had the Albert Prince couscous which was also very good. The food is fresh and has great flavors. There is nice selection of wine, beer and teas. The service was attentive and friendly. The restaurant has laid-back vibe and very casual. Plus, it is right next door to Jeni's ice cream so you can have dessert next door. I recommend this restaurant if you are looking for casual setting and good fresh food.

1  Thank u2fan56

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I love The Silly Goose because the food is always top-notch. Their menu is seasonal, but the King Kong is constant on the menu and is my go to for dinner. You should also try the cheese plate. The owner/chef is quick to offer great suggestions and is often experimenting with new things so he will let you try it. It is a small little place, even though they've already expanded the space once, and the kitchen is open to the dining area. Which means, if you are planning on going out afterward, be prepared to smell like your food the rest of the night. But for me, it's totally worth it because the food is that good. Last time I was there they were offering Nutella cheesecake...O.M.G.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a delightful night here sharing plates with friends as our wonderful server cheerfully accomodated our many questions and requests. The food is really creative and beautiful on the plate. And the atmosphere is not pretentious at all! The only reason I give four stars is that it is really crowded and noisy- plus the drinks, including wine and sangria, are overpriced. And even though it is a trend, I do not like drinking my wine out of a jelly jar! We did observe that some guests brought in their own bottles of wine and I didn't ask what the corkage fee is...I will happily return! Maybe I will bring a wine glass with me!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were in town visiting from Dallas and choose this restaurant by reading trip advisor reviews.
So happy we went early at 5:30 and got to sit at the bar. Our party of 5 had special treatment from Red. We all ordered something different and everyone LOVED. The sangria and cheese plate was superb.
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I looked up a little bit about the Silly Goose before taking my girlfriend there for a special occasion dinner. I was hoping for atmosphere, and what we got was loud, busy, and crowded, which was not expected for a Thursday evening. We were literally bumping elbows with people next to us... at different tables. The music was loud, and the other diners were louder.

My girlfriend and I had to leave. We couldn't even stay long enough to decide what we wanted to eat. The only reason why I left a 2-star review instead of 1-star is because the staff was friendly and the food... sounded delicious. We'll definitely try again if they expand the restaurant size and turn down the music.