WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great Value for a solo traveller & short Visit to Nashville” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scarritt-Bennett Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scarritt-Bennett Center
Ranked #14 of 25 Nashville B&B and Inns
Cordoba, Argentina
“Great Value for a solo traveller & short Visit to Nashville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went 2 nights from July 4th to 6th.
Great Location considering you need a car to visit Nashville and nearby (Free Parking included).
Right in the middle of Vanderbilt University.
Very Quiet neigborhood.
It's not a hotel even a B&B: it's like a University dorm.
Shared bathroom (your room and the next one have a door to the same bathroom, and you can loke it, so the guest in the next room can´t enter while you're in). In my stay nobody was in the next room ;).
If you're suposed to be all thay outside visiting the city I strongly recommend it for the price and location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scarritt-Bennett, Public Relations Manager at Scarritt-Bennett Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great option for a single traveler. Lovely buildings and grounds, modest small rooms like you would expect at a retreat center. Single beds, shared bath (although no one ever seemed to be in the next room, so I had it to myself), clean, free parking close to buildings, nice location. Wireless worked pretty well with a decent signal. I especially like staying in a place that has a social justice mission. They have common areas with microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, TV, filtered water, etc. Bring your own toiletries. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
So glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for the great review and for the mention of our social justice mission. It's always great to find a kindred spirit!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my first time staying here. I was on a retreat and met up with a few friends and met lots of new friends. There was about 150 of us. I stayed in a dorm room and shared it with my girl friend, the mattresses are thin and hard and the pillows are flat. The temperature in the room was perfect! We shared a bathroom with 2 new friends we met at the retreat. The grounds are absolutely stunning!!! The food was amazing!! I am going back again!!

Room Tip: My room was selected for me. If you can't walk stairs ask for the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Martin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The location of this property is very convenient, very close to the Vanderbilt campus. The grounds are breathtaking as are the old buildings. The conference facility was fine - Not fancy. The vendor space was a little awkward. All in all, it was a good place to have a conference.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kimberly P
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

When I travelled to Nashville, I was on a budget and by myself, so I didn't want to pay upwards of $100 for a room that I wasn't planning on being in too often. I found Scarritt-Bennett purely by accident, and at $30 a night for a room, it was a great deal! It was a shared bathroom with the room next door, but I only had a neighbor the first night, so even that wasn't bothersome. The front desk people were very helpful and were able to answer my questions and direct me to some fun places nearby. I can't see this working well for families, since the rooms are singles, but for people travelling alone, it's safe, clean and a great deal!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jolie K
Coto de Caza, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The $50 per night for a single room located right on the property of a former Methodist College for Women built in the 1800's got my attention. My conference for Worship Mentors was meeting there and it looked very convenient, as well as affordable. Most rooms share a bath and I admit I was a bit squeamish about that part. Turns out it was really not a big deal.

On my first night there I discovered the woman on the other side of the bathroom had locked the door from the inside. Security opened it for me. When I heard her door open in the hall I knocked on her door, telling her I was the woman next door sharing the bathroom. She opened up her door and smiled at me, and I said I wanted to just say hello and suggest that she not lock the bathroom door, but that I would latch my door from the inside and before I entered the bathroom I would knock on the door first to make sure she was not in there. She gladly agreed to do the same. It worked out well - I never heard her. She left early the next day and a good friend I knew from the conference moved into that room.

The converted dorm was really very quiet. I almost never heard anything at all, even though the rooms were full. I was given room 104 in Cadwaller Hall. It connected to room 102. The bathroom was quite large and had handicapped bars by the toilet and in the bathtub - a really big bathrub/shower combo. Room 102 was larger than 104 and looked like it had wheelchair accessible doors. I am not positive about this, but it seemed so. The decor was a bit from the 80's as in a rose colored carpet, but the carpet was clean. The single bed was very comfortable. Sheets were fine, and they brought me some extra pillows as I had requested ahead of time. I read in other reviews that the towels were thin, but I found them to be as good as hotel towels in most places. There was a desk, a lamp by the bed, and a desk lamp, a comfy sitting chair, and a desk chair. Also there was a closet organizer kind of structure so you could unpack your clothes, but it was open to the room, though set back. The windows seemed to be made of leaded glass, but could be opened for fresh air. There was also AC/heat, but only one or the other depending on the season. We caught a cold spell and were glad there was a heater in the bathroom

The dorm also had a lounge on our floor with a fridge, microwave, filtered water, and a TV. There were no TVs or radios in the room.

The meeting rooms were gorgeous - the buildings were done in the Gothic style and the chapel was wonderful with a big pipe organ - all very pleasing to the eye and the ear with wonderful acoustics.

Many restaurants, a CVS, and other necessities were only a block or two away, so a car was not needed.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was gracious and very welcoming. Give it a try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. For the price, you cannot beat this. And, it is dedicated to empowering women. That was its role as it educated Methodist women bound for the mission field. It was pretty cool to think of carrying on that tradition.

Room Tip: First floor if they do not want to use stairs, and Rooms 104 and 102 in Cadwaller seem to work for h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debby R
Scarritt-Bennett, Public Relations Manager at Scarritt-Bennett Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. Thanks for the mention of our non-profit mission as well. In addition to empowering women, our community programs also focus on racial equality, cross-cultural understanding and spiritual reflection. These endeavors were carried over from our days as a former college.

We appreciate your support and are glad you had a great visit!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I often check out of a motel with no idea whether or not the TV in the room even worked. I can't remember the last time I used the phone in a room to call anywhere other than the front desk. For me, the most important aspects of an sleeping spot, next to cleanliness, are price & location and this place did well on both.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo