“Good Irish food”

Ranked #50 of 2,235 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: McNamara's Irish Pub and Resaurant provides an authentic Pub experience found in small towns all throughout Ireland. Made from scratch food, friendly service, cold pints, and outstanding live music provide an unforgettable experience. Appropriate for all ages, McNamara's has something for everyone. Slainte'
Reviewed June 12, 2017

I came with a co-worker after we landed at the airport and checked in to our hotel.
I ordered a scotch egg - fantastic and the mustard was great!
For an entree, I had the bangers and mash. Some of the best I've had. Very good sausage and potatoes.
Beer selection was not what I'd like. I get the whole Irish thing, but some people like the food and prefer more craft beer selections. Still, good service, good food and nice atmosphere.

Paula M, Owner at McNamara's Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review McNamara's. We are so happy you enjoyed our food and ambience!

Kindest Regards,

Paula McNamara

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

We went to Mcnamara's based on a local recommendation. Very friendly atmosphere and staff. We received prompt service. I had the fish & chips and my wife had Shepards pie. Both were well prepared and presented well. I was even asked if I wanted malt vinegar for my chips. Very traditional. Go here for a traditional Irish meal.

1  Thank Tom R

Hello Tom,

Thank you so much for your great review of McNamara's! This made us so happy!
We appreciate you and your wife coming in!
Best Regards, Paula McNamara

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

My son loves an Irish pub...ran across this place by chance while staying at Opryland. Now we go every time we stay on the east side of Nashville. All your favorite Irish pub fare, done right. Hard to say whether the corned beef was better or the shepherds pie. Live music adds to the fun!!

Paula M, Owner at McNamara's Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review McNamara's! We are so happy you and your son come in!
Kind Regards, paula

Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

With a very early flight on Monday decided to stay in a hotel near Nashville Airport on Sunday evening. After checkin in, we began a search for a place for dinner. We were surprised to find that a number of full service restaurants nearby either closed early or were closed on Sunday's. After leaving an empty restaurant where we had initially booked a reservation (unappealing) we drove by McNamara's, noted the parking lot was full and walked in. We were quickly seated at a "2 top" in the music room.

The room was full with a trio playing and singing an array of Irish songs. The entire room was engaged, swaying back and forth, cheering and clapping. Their joy was infectious to these two travelers. The "concert" went on through most of our dinner. As it turns out the owner was singing to a full house, including a large table of his family members.
They also serve food. The menu was broad and extensive. I had the salmon which was fresh and tasty. The fried mushroom appetizers were delicious and arrived steaming hot. My wife enjoyed and rated the vegetarian black bean burger as excellent. There were multiple beer, wine and cocktail options.

Enjoyed the food we ate and the time we spent at McNamara's as did the kids and their families with the band singing Happy Birthday and staff creating hats and even a motorcycles made from balloons.

eb

Thank you for taking the time to review McNamara's - we are so happy you enjoyed your visit! Hope to see you again,
Kindest Regards,

Paula McNamara

Reviewed June 7, 2017

This is an excellent Irish pub - both in the food they serve and the music they play. The owner of the venue is also the band leader, so naturally it's all about the music here. Most of the dining tables are in the room with the band so don't expect a quiet, romantic setting. It's more of a bang-your-ale on the table and jump in when you know the words kind of place.

It is a bit difficult to carry on a conversation in the main room as the music is energetic. I didn't find it uncomfortably loud or anything like that, but I did find conversation a challenge. There are some seats outside the main room where I'm sure it's a bit calmer - but then you miss the purpose of the place.

I had the Irish stew and it was excellent. I can't say if it was authentic or not, but sure was good!

P.S. The waiter was amazing. We were a big table and he remembered everyone's name and was quick and friendly.

Kindest Regards, Paula McNamara