“Love it”

Suzy Wong's House of Yum
Reserve with OpenTable
Suzy Wong's House of Yum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #485 of 2,084 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th-16th street
Description: http://www.suzywongsnashville.com/
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food is amazing and so is the service. I love the wonton nachos!!! I just hate that they are not open for lunch and I have to wait til dinner time to indulge.

There are newer reviews for Suzy Wong's House of Yum

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our second and last visit. The first time it was so-so, but we thought we'd give it a second try. The restaurant was very understaffed, service, food was poorly timed and very disappointing. The appetizer was cold, one entre was poorly prepared and contained a huge black lump of rotten potato, and the second entre was served at least half an hour after the first. Waiter kept promising to bring more water, and none arrived. To top it off, problems with the check and being overcharged for drink after being told we were quoted a lower happy hour price. The background music was steadily cranked up until it was difficult to have conversation. Won't go back, and don't recommend.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm giving it two stars given that it is in Nashville and people probably don't know Asian food very well, but put that aside, the service was just horrible. For a moment I felt like I was back in NYC. Our waitress completely forgot about us, even though when she finally remembered she did try to be pleasant and sweet. But then at the end she gave us the wrong bill so that was kind of messed up. As for the food...what can I say? I know it's "fusion" but it's just not good. If you must have Asian food, perhaps you should wait until you go back to wherever you come from. And if you live here, well, maybe try to look up recipes and cook at home?

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am so glad others were honest about this review...

This was a very difficult decision to review in that I didn't want to plss a whole city off..

Like the Vegan, I am a Paleolithic Caveman eater... I eat as clean food/ less tampered with as possible. I also avoid all grains, so when I read the menu, I had to go through a few of my chosen items with the waitress to find out if it could be made gluten free.

And... speaking of the waitstaff, I loved you all. You were kind, informative, pleasant, kept our water glasses filled with cold water, you didn't hesitate to offer any suggestions. You all were wonderful. I would hire you in a minute if I were to buy a restaurant.. I do believe that the waitstaff makes or breaks a business..

And with that, let me get to the dirt.

The salad with the iceberg wedge, drenched in bleu cheese and bacon and tomato was the bomb!! I was so happy I ordered this. It was delicious, the flavors were perfect together and made my mouth happy and my tummy satiated.

I ordered the tuna dish. The sesame crusted tuna on buckwheat noodles that came with a sauce, but because the sauce was made with gluten, they made the dish without the sauce.

A dish should not rely on a sauce to make it a hit.
Let me repeat.
A dish should not rely on a sauce to make it a hit.

My plate was dreadful. There was absolutely no taste to it.
My cats got a big dinner!

My dining partner chose the Pad Thai bowl.
She complained all through the dinner about how overly sweet the sauce was, and she only found 3 shrimp in the bowl.
She couldn't eat the noodles, she poked around for as much protein as she could find, and that was that..
My cats wouldn't have liked the noodles.

So.. as I said earlier, I was really happy I ordered the salad.
Never got to the patio, it was too chilly, sat inside and enjoyed the decorated ambiance in Asian Fusion!

I will give this place another shot, another time. After all... it's Suzy Wong's!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have lived in Nashville for 3 years and Suzy wongs is hands down one of the best restaraunts of all I have openly explored. A wide variety of options and very vegetarian and vegan friendly. It had a beautiful back patio and eclectic atmosphere! Food is in a realm all it's own, not only beautifully presented but delicious! The nachos are a must!