“Excellent Food, Depending on the Location”
Review of Thai Phooket

Thai Phooket
Ranked #370 of 2,111 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've been to the #1 and #2 locations in Nashville and in the Rivergate area in Madison. Not too keen on the location downtown, but the Rivergate location is consistently excellent. Always great food whether dine-in or carry-out, friendly staff.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a recommendation today with my wife for a late lunch. Looks bad on the outside and even worse on the inside. Not sure what everyone sees in the food here but we didn't think it was all that and we've eaten at a lot of Thai places. The pad Thai had a weird sauce unlike any we've ever had. The red curry had a lot of veggies, but was a little soupier than I prefer and it was a little too sweet also. Service was marginal - my wife got her pad Thai 10 minutes before I got the curry and the waitress seemed indifferent throughout. But the worst part was how dirty the place was. We should have just left, but we gave it a chance . I don't know how the Health Department hasn't shut them down. Also the restroom was very dirty. We'll never go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is another place we were lead to by yelp, I wanted something different to eat, and this ended up being our destination on our last night in Nashville. The parking lot was packed with cars in Tennessee plates, I knew we were going to be okay with our choice.

The food was good, as was the service. Because they were busy we didn't get our drink refills as often as you would think, but it was okay.They were very nice.

I had the vegetable pad thai, it was pretty good. My friend had a ginger dish, but she wished it had more ginger. I think we'd definitely come back to try something different, and the price wasn't bad so that was a plus as well.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had never had Thai before and friends and yelp! recommended Thai Phooket. There is ample parking and a very divey trailer park exterior. Lots of seating and fantastic service. The menu has lots of options and reasonable prices. The dumplings were recommended by a friend and surprisingly good. I got the chicken wings and the dipping sauce was very good and the wings crispy. The presentation of the food was most excellent, something you would not expect considering the outside appearance. Thai Phooket was a popular lunch choice as the restaurant did get very busy with a happy crowd.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

They unabashedly admit the outside of this place (which kind of looks like a trailer behind an 8 foot fence with barbed wire) isn’t much to brag about, but we were there on a Sunday at 8:30 pm and the place was packed! They have a friendly valet who greets you—just kidding, he makes sure you’re parking for the restaurant, not the night club on the other side of the parking lot. Their steamed dumplings are not the run-of-the-mill—they pack a ball of meat and herbs so big that the thin outer wrapper doesn’t cover it. It’s lighter and better tasting than any I’ve ever had. The Satay chicken skewers are okay, though the sweet & sour peanut sauce is pretty good. The beef salad was kind of meh. The Pad Thai is fair: flavorful with thick noodles and small bits of chicken, though it could have used more peanuts. The Pad Kra Prao was especially good. For $45 we had enough to feed four people and something leftover to take to work for lunch the next day. Locals say the preparation and meat quality can vary, but overall we were quite pleased.