“Great way to see the Nashville waterfront”

General Jackson Showboat
Book In Advance
More Info
$88.88*
and up
Nashville Showboat Lunch or Dinner Cruise on the General Jackson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The General Jackson(R) is a unique 300-ft paddle wheel showboat that cruises the Cumberland River w/ views of the Nashville skyline. Enjoy live entertainment along with a delicious meal and a cruise that you can't get anywhere else. Holiday shows begin mid-November, and special event cruises are scheduled throughout the year, including Valentine's Day, Fourth of July and New Year's Eve. Docking is located on the banks of the Cumberland River on the back side of Opry Mills Mall.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A great way to spend the afternoon. It gives you another perspective of Nashville. Seeing the waterfront from the water! Gives you a sense of what to expect when you visit downtown Nashville. The show was entertaining, but don't go for the food. Typical generic lunch buffet. Nice relaxing cruise down the river. Easy to get to and plenty of parking.

1  Thank Tonto6352

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I have been on the General Jackson many times and it is always great entertainment. The last time we went on Dec. 24, 2013, for the lunch cruise. Steve Hall and his band were as fantastic as ever. The music is exceptional as always, and his jokes are always clean and hilarious. One of his band members is Roger Francis who has been blind since birth.
He does impersonations of Elvis, Willie etc. and is one of the best impersonators that I have ever seen. I could listen to Roger sing for hours. Also another band member, Tigar Bell is brilliant on the fiddle. He has been playing since he was a tiny child and his talent can't be beat. Our seating was one of the front tables so had a great view. The meal and service was great.
One of the band members came and talked to my husband and I for about a half hour after the show. Had a wonderful time as usual. Will be back the next time we are in Nashville.
Don't miss this show when you are in Nashville, you won't be disappointed.
Sylvia Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canada

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were looking forward to our evening cruise. The ship is beautiful and well maintained. The entertainment was fabulous with great singers and dancers.
The dinner was a different story. Mind you, this was $275 for two people. The waiter told us we were having a strip steak and would be happy to cook to order. I received a two inch high square of beef that I could barely get a knife through because it was so tough. Totally unacceptable.
It did no point to complain because everyone at the table was unsatisfied leaving most of the steak.
I would recommend taking one of the other cruises they offer. Maybe they do a better job with bunch.

Also note, that if you are not staying at Opryland, or have your own car, it will cost you $50 round trip to get to the venue from downtown.

2  Thank TravelLover629
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food was good, the show was good and it was an overall enjoyable evening. It rained hard for most of the trip so the time we could spend on deck was limited but we still had fun.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We paid almost $300 for two dinner shows and drinks for the night. Our server spoke very poor English and was tough to communicate with. Our meal was simply awful--salad, entree, and dessert. The show was very nice and quite entertaining. Our steak was like a hockey puck--the worst steak I've ever had (and I hardly ate any of it). The best part of the meal was the baked potato. We did the 7:00 show. We heard great feedback and the concierge at Gaylord said, since we couldn't get Grand Ole Opry tickets (sold out), this was a great thing to do. I can honestly say I would not suggest it or do it again. It's a lot of money for the only positive part being the show.