“Very eclectic; great sandwich” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Delicatessen

Mitchell's Delicatessen
Ranked #78 of 1,987 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Counter service breakfast lunch and dinner with beer and wine available. Sandwiches, soups, and a salad bar. We're East Nashville's Neighborhood Deli!
Jonesborough
“Very eclectic; great sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Went here for lunch. Got a parking spot right in front. You order at the counter. We each got a sandwich and soda on tap. I got the creme soda which was super good. Our sandwiches came out wrapped in white butcher type paper with a long pickle spear. I had the Turkey Avocado Bacon with sprouts on toasted whole wheat - awesome. My husband had the pastrami and swiss. Both sandwiches were very tasty. You can get bags of chips and they also have a small salad bar if you are so inclined. We just got the sandwiches though and it was plenty for lunch.

Visited August 2014

Nashville TN
“No Bologna - Mitchell's is good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We'd heard about this place but it's not in our area so when we had the change to be in the vicinity @ lunch time, it was a GO. The new location is lovely but still with an island vacation feel to it w/outdoor seating, plenty of wood and plantings, indoor blended w/out via big open windows but I am wondering w/the crowd, how winter accommodation will provide room enough for the diners.

The line was long but moved fast toward sandwich selections blending the familiar w/a twist making each offering special. My veggie grill met expectations and then some; husband was not unhappy w/his grilled chix salad sandwich choice even though he's not much of a specialty sandwich kind of guy, suggesting it's time for fresh chix salad at home soon. The iced tea was tasty although the sweet was not as sweet as the traditional TN sweetea. Glasses were heavy, large and sparkling clean.

Clean can be said of the entire place. Suggestions for improvement - work on the parking, even w/overflow across the street there was a challenge which promises to be moreso when the meat'n 3 neighbor establishment reopens after vacation. Butcher wrap presentation is fun but well dressed sandwiches drip onto non absorbent paper, untidy. Invite watering of the pergola wall plants, to pass the time while awaiting 'wich. Have menu options more at hand for those waiting in line; board vision is not good for all comers. ;

Glad opportunity finally presented to give it a try. I'll be back to try the brisket sandwich next time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“How do they do it?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

"It's just a sandwich shop," you say. I say, "ummm... no." This place may have been out of the way on our drive through TN, but it was well worth the extra time to find. Yes, the parking is a hassle. Yes, there is limited seating for a place booming with business. But if you go there, you'll see why they are so busy. We had the Turkey Apple Brie and the Turkey Avocado & Bacon, and both were amazing. How they can make these sandwiches so divine is beyond me. Add to that the Sprecher soda from the tap - LOVED the Orange Cream - and this place is fantastic.

Visited March 2014
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Beware: Addictive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We live in South Nashville but ha heard how awesome Mitchell's sandwiches were. We went to check them out one day...OMG! Totally addicted. The bread, the meat, the atmosphere...it just all contributes to a sandwich I now crave. Or sandwiches I should say. My faves are the Asian Flank Steak and Roast Beef and Cheddar. But my husband likes the Italian and Turkey Avocado Bacon. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Oh, and their drinks...yummy specialty sodas and tea with the best hint o'spice flavor...I think I also crave that in addition to the food. Oh and to top it all off the prices are reasonable. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Visited April 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm not typically a sandwich person, I often would rather not spend money on something I can so easily make at home, however I make an exception for this! We all had the Asian flank steak sandwich and it was amazing! Everything about the restaurant and location were perfect!