“Glad I Tried it”

Mitchell's Delicatessen
Ranked #102 of 2,085 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Counter service breakfast lunch and dinner with beer and wine available. Sandwiches, soups, and a salad bar. We're East Nashville's Neighborhood Deli!
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Saw it on Diners Drive Ins and Dives Went there the Taste was good. The store was Confusing Not sure where to get What or What Prices were. The Sanwich was Tastey but Not the Size of a True Deli Sandwich I'm use to New York and L.A. Deli's Glad I went there and may be back but Not My Favorite Place

1  Thank Phantom0413
There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Delicatessen

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I discovered this place about two months ago, I have been back several times and found the food to be excellent on every occasion. They have to be the only establishment in town that makes everything on the menu from scratch.

The Reuben is outstanding as are any sandwiches with bacon or turkey in them. This may well be the only place in town that makes two soups from scratch every day.

1  Thank jaysouth
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had the Asian Flank steak, a special on Mondays. This is a very popular sandwich shop in East Nashville. The word is that Mitchell's Deli will be moving across the street where there is more room. It's popular with the 18s-30s set, and with the 40s-70s set. These people are hungry and this place feeds them what they want. It's got that bustle hustle energy you experience in a much bigger cities. My meal was excellent. It was so crowded I went next door to the coffee shop to get a place to sit down (yes I bought by my coffee over there).

1  Thank SteveVS
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We heard about Mitchell's and are glad we gave it a try. I had the Reuben and my husband had the pastrami. We both loved our sandwiches.

Seating is limited so have a "plan B" ready, just in case. The atmosphere is busy...what you would expect from a deli. This place is really a gem...give it a try!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I don't see the attraction. If one has never been to a real-life New England deli, I suppose this would be a sufficient sandwich shop, but to call Mitchell's a "deli" is a pretty big reach. If you're a hipster and want to find others like you, Mitchell's is a good bet.
Parking is a major hassle at peak hours.
I did think the herb planters out front were pretty cool, and the staff were attentive and friendly.