“What a fantastic way to end our trip!”

Mitchell's Delicatessen
Ranked #44 of 2,151 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Counter service breakfast lunch and dinner with beer and wine available. Sandwiches, soups, and a salad bar. We're East Nashville's Neighborhood Deli!
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon leaving Nashville for the weekend, we took Trip Advisor's advice, and stopped at Mitchell's Deli...... We were not disappointed.

It is a little off the beaten path, so use the easy directions provided through the link.

We arrived at 11:30am to a bustling atmosphere. Our party of six was frantically searching the big chalkboard menu, when a kind employee handed us some menus to make our decisions easier.

I had the BLT....... Amazing!! High quality (and quantity) bacon, ripe tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. Others in our party had the Turkey Avacado Club, Turkey Apple Brie, Reuben, and a PB&J for our 3 yr old. All were pleased with their selections.

They also carry a unique variety of beverages and chips to round out your meal.

Just be prepared for the limited seating available, we noticed most locals taking theirs to go.

As you can tell, we would highly recommend Mitchell's!!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you're looking for a spacious, high-end decor - Mitchell's doesn't have it. However, Mitchell's DOES have some of the best deli food you'll find. Mitchell's Deli seats only 16 people, but it's worth it to get the food and eat it in your car. We read about this deli on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try. Nestled in a small neighborhood location, Mitchell's has limited parking. The staff is friendly and FAST - they work quickly and our wait was short. We tried the following sandwiches: Rueben; BLT; Turkey and Brie; Turkey and Avocado; PB&J. All were delicious! The breads were exceptional and the meats and cheeses were quality brands and/or made on the premises. The Rueben sandwich was truly the best I've ever eaten, and I will definitely return to Mitchell's Deli in the future!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My bro in law told me that it was better to get to go food instead of eating in. I think is ok to stay but it is a little small place. But the food was great!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Saw Mitchell's Deli on one of those FoodNetwork shows. I now know why. I had the salad bar with Benton's bacon (if you've ever had Benton's bacon, you remember the taste with just one bite) and the homemade Bacon dressing and homemade Red Russian dressing. My mom had her fallback sandwich, tomato, mozzarella and basil on their special bread. Mom didn't think her sandwich was special. I am trying to figure out how I can get back to Nashville,ASAP for that salad bar.

1  Thank travelbunnyngeorgia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife read about this "Deli" while reading a food blog about where to eat in Nashville, so we tried it. We'd both go back. She had Turkey & Avacado and I had a Rueben. Both where outstanding. Lot's of local food. Very reasonable. Not the best atmosphere but the food more then makes up for it.

1  Thank chienee