“Excellent location and staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
“Excellent location and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

May 9 to 14, 2014..Hotel is beside Printers Row, where we spent most evenings at the Bourbon Blues with excellent music. Location is terrific for walking everywhere, is very central to venues, Broadway, restaurants, stores. Room and common area clean, helpful, friendly staff, from doormen to front desk...Pam was our assistant mgr, who was efficient and helpful. We had errors on our checkout bill, and she researched and removed the problems easily.
Our only problem was regulating the heat/air in our room,610, even after maintenance adjusted.
I have recommended this hotel to others planning to vacation in Nashville.

Room Tip: Corner rooms a the best
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

stayed in this hotel from may 17th till may 19th,2014.found the staff very unhelpful.we had booked a twin room but on arrival we were given a room with one bed.we asked if we could even get a camp bed put in the room.not in that room we were told because of health and safety.we then moved to a room where we were told everything would be sorted out.3 hours later no bed.1 hour later a bed was left in the room standing against the wall.again at front desk i was told the matter would be sorted out.at midnight the bed was sorted and made up.if am am ever in nashville again i will not be in the indigo hotel.this hotel is not a patch on the nearby doubletree hotel.matter reported to my travel agent.

john,ireland.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time in posting a review. We continually strive to be the best in our industry. However, it seems that we failed to do so during your stay. I am disappointed to read about the problems you had with your reservation and the staff.

We will certainly work on the points that you have raised to ensure we provide the best customer experience. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the manager on duty.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My sister chose the Hotel Indigo as the hotel where she would get ready on her wedding day as well as the hotel where she and her new husband would spend their wedding night. My sister made two reservations: 1 for 2 double beds as she and her bridesmaids would stay the night before the wedding and the 2nd for a king bed as she would stay there with her husband on their wedding night. My sister unfortunately overlooked the fact that we would need to check-out of the first room by 11am and wouldn't be able to check-in to the second room until 3pm. This would leave us without a place to get ready. I explained the situation to Pam at the front desk and she was incredibly understanding. Pam told us not to worry and she would find a way to ensure we had a room to get ready in the next day. Sure enough, I called Pam at 7:30am the next morning and she already had the room ready and all we had to do was grab the keys from the front desk. I can't express how much of a lifesaver Pam was.

On top of the incredible service from Pam, EVERYONE at the hotel was so helpful and nice. The valet guys watched our stuff for about an hour as we were loading and unloading wedding items. We went to the bar twice and both times the bartenders (two different ones) comped our drinks. Any staff member we ran into was talkative and helpful. On my sister's wedding day our limo/bus picked us up and the groomsmen had spilled alcohol all over one of the seats. We went to the lobby to ask for some paper towels and before we knew it, two hotel staff members were on the bus with towels cleaning up the mess for us.

Beyond the service, the hotel is in a great location (Broadway is around the corner) and very very clean. The bathroom has AVEDA toiletries and the hairdryers were better than my own. The food that we ordered was great and better than most hotel restaurants. The only complaint my sister had was that on Fridays they don't serve their tomato bisque and instead they offer a seafood bisque. If this is this is the biggest complaint for a hotel, you know there really isn't anything to complain about.

Room Tip: Tower 1 has better views.
1 Thank trhahn
Louisville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The good - the hotel is built in two old bank buildings. It was very cool how they repurposed the buildings. The location is good and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and decorated well.

Not as good - the room was tiny. For almost $400 (including tax and parking), I was expecting something nicer. I might try this place again, but would have to do some research to see if larger rooms were available.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear BillLouisville,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad that you found the hotel's location adequate and our hotel staff commendable.

I am sorry your room size was a let down and fell below your expectation. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us an avenue to improve our guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manger
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I chose the Hotel Indigo for an overnight stay in Nashville we we signed up for the Country Music Half Marathon. I've stayed at other Indigo hotels, and I love the funky charm. This one is no different. The decor is fresh and fun, the rooms are always clean and inviting, but best of all, the staff is friendly and helpful. They were also very supportive of all the runners, offering bananas and water gratis the afternoon before and the day of the race. The race runs right by the hotel and was about half a mile (easy walking distance) from the start and finish of the race. It also very convenient to all the sites of Nashville.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay after our first trip to the fun city of Nashville. I have travelled extensively and used TripAdvisor as my primary source of information to get the "inside scoop" about most of the places I've stayed, so even though this is my first review, I feel it's time for me to start giving back. This hotel has a lot of positives. Great location, friendly staff, awesome food, great music in the lounge. HOWEVER, the rooms are lacking. The mattress was comfortable and the bathroom nice, however there was no floor length mirror, no place to put your clothing (i.e. no dresser) and the ventilation system was NOISY! Our room had a full TRANE a/c and heating unit behind a metal door. It was loud and did not take the humidity out of the air, it just blew and blew. We had been upgraded to an Executive King and were sorely disappointed by the accommodations. They also only have one type of pillow. The down kind where your head practically hits the mattress unless you use 2 of them. When I inquired about getting a different type, they didn't have any. I have travelled all over the world and almost every hotel has an alternate type of pillow. Now that may sound stupid, but the INDIGO brand of the IHG Group is supposed to be cutting edge, boutique and my expectations were met on a lot of counts, but there is room for improvement here. I can definitely say DO NOT ask for room 308, it was awful. What a shame as it has so much potential. I am glad others have had better experiences, however to qualify, I am from the Northeast, and usually base my expectations of a hotel on price point, reviews, and location. Having never been to Nashville before, maybe they just don't think people need nice rooms. They do get it right on a lot of other counts though.

Room Tip: Room 308 had a really noisy ventilation system. I would not recommend this room.
1 Thank Laxmom212
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Laxmom212,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review and bringing this matter to our attention. We truly appreciate your positive feedback - great location, friendly staff, awesome food, and great music in the lounge. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the noise which the air conditioning unit have caused you, room amenities and the pillow selection. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotels are.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I tend to spend long stays when we are on vacation so we get to know the area and see a lot. We just spent 9 nights in Nashville at the Hotel Indigo downtown and it was one of our best vacations ever.
The location is great; just outside of the craziness on Broadway but close enough to walk to all the bars, restaurants, shops, the Ryman, Country Music Hall of Fame, etc.
The rooms are decent size and clean. Shower and the bathroom were very good. The housekeepers were friendly and always responsive to our needs.
The food in the lounge area is surprisingly GREAT! Full dinners, appetizers, breakfast and desserts are the quality of a fine restaurant and a bit of a break from the heavy "comfort" food in most of the local eateries.
The live music ranged from good to outstanding, and it was great to have a place to enjoy the local talent without fighting raucous crowds.
Best thing: the Indigo staff is the best of any hotel we have stayed at anywhere. Pam, Dante, Ben and the front desk crew were friendly and very helpful (Pam even went upstairs and helped clean our room when we checked in early).
The crew in the District Bar and Kitchen (the lounge area) made us feel at home. Specifically, Anastasia and Joe were the epitome of customer service and helped make our vacation special. They are the kind of assets that a great hotel needs to keep people coming back, and we will!

Room Tip: Upper floor. Corner room if available.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple