“No view”

Ranked #23 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Bristow, Virginia, United States
“No view”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, staff is helpful. Bathrooms were great, yon of room in the shower and the beds were comfortable. We were disappointed to open our window and see a person working in their office across the alley. The hotel didn't seem busy, we should have either gotten a different room without thought or been told ahead of time of the placement. While a view would have been nice, I didn't feel the need to complain so I didn't include this in the rating. I needed to read the comments here to know I should have asked during check-in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Greetings Karl S from the Hotel Indigo, Nashville! Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. Our main focus is the quality of your stay, and we want you to be happy with your overall stay- which includes your view! The next time you stay with us, absolutely let us know if you would like to move rooms, it is never a problem! From check in to check out, we are here to accommodate you! Looking forward to seeing you again, Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Morris,Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2014

visited Nashville long weekend to see a friends daughter's performance as "Red" in "Into the Woods" at Vanderbilt Blair School of Music. Amazing performance.

Great downtown location walked most everywhere w/ just a few cab rides. (Vandy is a 10 minute ride).

rooms cool funky as the hotel is a combination of two old banks. huge room. bathroom gigantic. I'm sure the rooms vary in layout greatly. good mattress. totally acceptable.

visited most of the Nashville must see's....Ryman, Country Music Hall of Fame, Capital,gulch, bar music district.....all a short walk. very safe downtown Nashville.

bar and lounge served decent food and drinks and had great music as you would expect. many other choices a short walk as well.

parking attached moderately priced for such a location. never moved the car.

we would use Indigo again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Greenday61, thank you for your review of our property! From the sound of your review, it seems as though you had a great time here in Music City, and how could you not? I have to agree with you regarding our location, it is fantastic, so close to everything. Nothing makes me happier to hear than a guest returning, we are certainly looking forward to seeing you again, and again and again! Safe travels, Kim
Amherst, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My My this place was amazing we had so much fun. We were at the Indigo for a week. We felt like we were at home the people were so so friendly. We would go back in a heart beat. The service was A1. THANKS FOR SUCH AN AWESOME TIME!!!!!!
The rooms were clean and the staff was awesome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank suegiggle
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Greetings Suegiggles from Nashville Tennessee! Wow, I am thrilled that you had such a great experience, there is nothing more rewarding as a GM. I am going to have to whole heartedly agree with you regarding our southern hospitality, its definitely alive and kicking! Can’t wait to see you again soon! Safe travels, Kim
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel was centrally located downtown and walking distance to all the trendy bars and restaurants. The staff, Jamal, Julie and Stephanie made the stay even more enjoyable. Thank you, I'll be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank hallman62
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Greetings Hallman62 from the Hotel Indigo, Nashville! Thank you for your review of our property. I certainly have to agree with you regarding our location, isn’t it fantastic? I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to know our staff enhanced your stay with us, I consider myself very lucky to have the team members that I do. We cant wait to see you the next time! Kim
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Having stayed at many an IHG property, but never an Indigo hotel I was very excited to stay here over a Christmas holiday. The reviews and photos looked good and the location seemed perfect (right in downtown). Checkin was very easy and the staff was polite and friendly.

As a Platinum Ambassador I booked a king room and was "upgraded" to a king room in the corner. I am not a big fan of hotels that do this type of "vanity" upgrade as its not a true upgrade, but I guess some properties just choose to save money over customer experience. Most IHG properties will upgrade you to the next level room up and not just a different location of the same type of room. This time of year the hotel seemed fairly empty so I am not sure what the deal was there. I called and they front desk confirmed this was indeed the upgrade. On a side note, this type of experience is why I am likely to move more of my stays to Marriott / Hilton in the future as IHG status means very little at many of the hotels.

Overall the room was nice with a decent view, however there is a HUGE PROBLEM with the rooms. In an effort to seem hip they don't have wall to wall carpeting, instead choosing to go with some hard titled floors for the room. There is a small rug under the bed (why put it here instead of next to the beds where the bed wouldnt cover it all?), but that is about it. Not very warm at all. Was not a big deal for the first until, but the second night the room next to us decided to walk around their room with high heels on. It sounded like it was coming from every direction. Very loud and you could feel the floor move with every step.

I hope this is a limited case since this is one of the worst ideas in the history of hotels. In Vegas some hotels also have hard floors but they used sound deadening materials. Not here. So just in case you like a little peace and quiet while travelling I would avoid Indigo since you never know what your neighbors might decide to do.

We moved to a Marriott property that was in downtown and priced the same and whew! What a relief to have a hotel that was designed well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monarchy99
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 24, 2013

After a very disappointing first visit and talking to the manager I decided to return to see if things improved since their renovation. I was happy to say that there is a definite improvement. It was clean and staffed with very friendly employees. From the desk personal to the waiters they made sure our stay was enjoyable. The bedding was comfortable and walk in shower was very nice. Only complaints were the breakfast buffet was a little cold and a cleaning lady walked in on us without knocking. Love the location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Bridesm0m from the Hotel Indigo Nashville! I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you gave us another chance! Our renovation was quite the process and I am happy to say, it was so worth it. The look and feel of the hotel is completely different from the prior on just about over aspect. I consider myself one of the luckiest General Managers in Nashville, with the look and feel of this hotel, along with our staff, we can only keep improving! Thanks again, I sincerely look forward to seeing you again in the future- Kim
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to stay at Hotel Indigo downtown Nashville . The staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was very comfortable and clean -- love the bed and the walk-in shower. Perfect location, within walking distance of many restaurants and the Ryman, which was the reason for our visit. Another plus is that this this hotel is pet friendly. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello Karen Story R from the Hotel Indigo! Thank you for returning back to the Indigo! I can’t tell you how thrilled that makes me. I know you have a lot of options when you visit Nashville, so thank you again. Our location is quite fantastic, we are close to everything quintessential Nashville, especially The Ryman Auditorium. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Indigo. Safe travels, Kim