“Great City - Terrible Hotel”

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Great City - Terrible Hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Bad service, terrible food, air conditioner sounds like a jet engine which both cooks and freezes you throughout the night. They even ran out of clean towels so brought bath mats.

Loved Nashville, but will never stay at Hotel Indigo again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank C R
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with me about your most recent stay with us at the Hotel Indigo Nashville Downtown. From your comments there were obvious disappointments and I do sincerely apologize for that. It is always our intention to provide a high level of service and product to all of our guests and it is personally disheartening when we miss the mark. I have shared your comments with all the management members of that particular team so, they might utilize it as a training tool to better serve our guests in the future. I have sent you a personal message to get more details. I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to hear your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We didn't stay here, but we stumbled in as we were looking for a place to eat for lunch that wasn't all fried bar food on Broadway or 2nd Ave. We got totally lucky to come into this place, which was completely empty in the dining room at noon on a Saturday. The menu was pretty limited, but we were not disappointed. I got a margarita pizza, which was huge, had fresh tomatoes, lots of cheese and pesto sauce on it. SO good! My husband got their pasta dish, which was also totally amazing!! It was priced a little on the high side, maybe, but it was completely worth it. I would definitely recommend stopping by this place to eat. It was also very clean and the service was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. Its a new menu and we are proud to have a great staff to back it up. Chef Marlon does a wonderful job! Thanks again and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I will start with the pros- the location is great, close to downtown and the hotel itself is very aesthetically pleasing. Now for the cons- the staff was terrible and our trip was pretty much ruined because the hotel could not get their act together. My friends and I booked our room at Hotel Indigo online about three weeks in advance. We arrived at the hotel on a Saturday at 3:30 pm and when we checked in at the front desk we were told that our room wasn't ready yet, that the hotel had been completely booked the night before and that housekeeping was backed up. I was a little surprised because the online reservation said that our room would be available for check in after 3:00 pm. The staff apologized and gave us each a drink ticket and asked us to wait in the lobby. At first, we were OK with this, but after half an hour I went up to the front desk and asked when the room would be ready. The staff said they were "afraid" to give me an estimated time frame because they really weren't sure when the room would be ready. I asked if there were any rooms that were clean that we could use in-between the time our room was ready and now, because we had just been on the road for 9 hours and we all wanted to shower and get ready before dinner (we had 6:00 pm dinner plans). The staff said no, that they would have to charge us for another room and that "we might be a little late to dinner". Obviously we were all really frustrated and after 2.5 hours, we were finally allowed into the room. So we get into the room and we rush to get ready, we go to dinner and when we return to the hotel room at around 11pm, we realize that the heater isn't working in the room. We call the front desk and someone is sent about 20 minutes later to look at the heater, they tell us the heat is out for the entire floor and we can move rooms the next day. So needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night. The next day we left the hotel around 10am to walk around Nashville and we were told to leave our bags and that the staff would move them into our new room while we were gone, we get back to the hotel around 3pm and our stuff is still in our old room. We call the front desk and 20 minutes later they send someone and we are escorted to our new room.
Upon checking out I asked for the first night to be compensated because of the late arrival, the fact that it was so cold it was hard to sleep and the fact that we had to change rooms. We were given $50 off and breakfast tickets. I'm sorry but the rate we paid was $329 a night, if I'm paying that much I expect more from the hotel staff. It was a short trip and I'm sorry to say, dealing with Hotel Indigo took up a lot of our time.

As if that wasn't enough, two weeks later I check my credit card statement and Hotel Indigo had charged me 3 times for the payment I had put on my credit card. I didn't even bother to call Hotel Indigo.....I just notified my credit cards fraud department and they took care of it.

My advice is to stay away from this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laura C
Thank you for your open and honest feedback. I want to first apologize for the bad impression we left during your stay. It is always our goal for every guest that stays with us to leave completely satisfied and I am sincerely sorry we did not meet that goal for you. I am sending you a message personally to see if you would allow us to try and make it up to you. Thank you again for message.
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were their in October 2012. Great location, valet parked car we walked to dinner, to the opry, to BB Kings all within a few blocks. Earlier in the day tour van picked us up and we then toured the city. love Nashville and would definitely go back to Hotel Indigo at 301 Union St. Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Sounds like you had a great time in Nashville. I love the tours available. We hope you will visit us again soon. We will have more items to share when you get back to make it a whole new experience.
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband & I just spent 3 nights at the Hotel Indigo on Union Street in Nashville, and really enjoyed our stay there. We had a HUGE corner room and the beds were very comfortable. There was no carpeting (newly renovated with nice heavy duty hardwood laminate flooring - much cleaner than nasty carpets!!) but we liked it. I would normally not be too thrilled about our view, as we overlooked the parkade 6 floors below; however, in this case it was pretty cool because there was a country music video being shot on the top floor of the parkade! it was very fascinating to watch and made our Nashville country experience kinda special.
This hotel was only a short 4 block walk to Broadway street and all the fantastic bars and restaurants with great entertainment and shopping. Everything you need within walking distance. But beware, it is a downhill walk to the bar experience, so an uphill walk AFTER the bar experience! :-) Printer's Alley is right around the corner of the hotel - could see it from our window.
The best thing about the Hotel Indigo is the staff. Each and everyone we encountered were very polite, helpful and friendly. Not stuffy at all.
We would definitely stay here for our next trip to Nashville.

Room Tip: if view is important to you, i would recommend a higher floor overlooking the city
1 Thank anice_63
Thank you for the review. We had fun being able to see the music video being shot as well. I believe it was a David Nail video. I will be sure to share all your comments with our staff. They will love to hear it. Can't wait to have you back in Nashville.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Indigo Downtown Nashville. The hotel is within walking distance to practically everything downtown. The views from my guestroom overlooked the city, and it was absolutely beautiful! The hotel is very modern and super clean. The staff was great- very friendly and helpful. The food and drink prices are also extremely reasonable to be located in the heart of downtown. Overall, an excellent stay and wonderful hotel. I will be returning for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are proud to be in a part of downtown Nashville with so much of the rich history and great views to share! Hope you will visit us again soon.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend staying at Hotel Indigo for its proximity to downtown Nashville bands and BBQ . I didn't feel like I was in another chain hotel as it had new clean furnishings carpet , walk in showers and a laid back vibe. It's a short few blocks from Broadway's outstanding music lineup. This was my first time to Nashville and I will be back!

• Stayed May 2013
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Nashville! Sounds like you had a great time. We certainly appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again the next time you come to Nashville. Thank you for your review!