“Loved their lounge for evening of drinks and music!”

Hotel Indigo Nashville
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I were in town for the weekend and checked out their Singer Songwriter Night on a Friday night to hear Alyssa Jacey and friends. She is wonderfully talented!.

I must say the atmosphere in their lounge is extremely comfortable and relaxing in a contemporary chic way. The high-backed fabric chairs were very welcoming. Our service was superb and we enjoyed our server Joe very much.

Even though we did not stay the night for lodging....we will definitely come back to the Indigo lounge for music and drinks again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick C
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for the great comments! We are happy to have Alyssa and our staff serving our guests and making great music! Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This newly renovated hotel is in a great location. Close enough to walk to all the bars and honky tonks on Third and Broadway. The decor is great and it seems like the work is being done on the final touches. The front desk staff was very friendly and check-in and check-out where quick and easy. The reservation was made using points as I am a priority club member. I informed the clerk that I had two seperate reservations - one for each night.

We noticed a little construction dirt and debris in the hallway as we made our way to room 608. Our room was furnished beautifully. We found that the shower installation was flawed. Even with a bath mat, the bathroom floor floods.

On our first night in Nashville we hit all the local venues and had a few too many. Upon returning to our room we placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door. We woke very early to the sounds of workmen trying to repair several of the door lock on our floor. The conversation was loud - at least 3 of them - after a few minutes of tools and pounding they slammed the door thinking this would solve the problem. After several hours of this we called the front desk, who assured us they would send someone up to stop the noise.

The slamming continued. Then housekeepping arrived - again despite the "do not disturb" sign on the door. We pointed out the sign and she left without an apology.

More slamming. We contacted the front desk again and the reply was, "Really? Still?" The commotion lasted over 4 hours.

With the next morning came more slamming, but this didn't last quite as long. We had requested a late check-out and hoped to catch some extra sleep before our flight home. Once again, the housekeepper arrive and knocked, despite the "do not disturb" sign. We explained that we had late check-out and she left - again without an apology. A short time later came another knock. This time there were three housekeeppers, each with their hands on their hips looking annoyed. Again we stated we had requested late check-out. One of the housekeepper held up her clipboard and said we were not on her list. I suggested she confirm with the front desk.

We explained the course of events to the front desk clerk upon check-out. Her response? "Good to know". No apology.

I do think this property has a lot of potential. Every Monday night they have live music in the bar/lounge area. The wait staff was very friendly. We had lunch the next day and the service and food were both good. We ordered room service once and our food arrived quickly.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LynnE63California
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me about your recent stay. While I am happy to see you had a lot of positive things to say I am sincerely sorry for the frustrating moments regarding the noise and your checkout time. I have shared all of your comments with the team for us to utilize to ensure that they are fixed and don't happen again in the future. The shower doors have now been outfitted with a sweep guard to stop the water you are mentioning. I have sent you a message to ask some additional questions on how we can get better in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

found hotel indigo on tripadvisor and stayed two nights there - great place - boutique style, with big hotel ammenities. great location, walking distance to whatever you'd want to see in downtown nashville - we did a segway tour as well, GREAT option for seeing the town!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room above the starbucks side of the building
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miguelalllen

Thank you for the great comments! We would love to know who you toured with on the segway so, we can recommend in the future. Hope to see you soon in Nashville. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was large and every comfortable. Room service was very prompt and the food was eclectic and delicious. There was live music in the bar with comfortable chairs for enjoying cocktails and atmoshere. All the staff were attentive to all our needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments! Our staff loves to be able to read all about it!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my second visit to Nashville (3/7-3/10) and the rooms are much nicer now with the new renovations than the first visit. The customer service was very good, although the cleaning staff were a bit slow. The food here is also quite good, and had a nice variety. The soundproofing at this hotel is not very good. We had a guy stay the room right next to ours, and we could hear everything he said. They have great musical talent whom perform here nightly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thu H
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed there this Friday. The front desk was extremely nice upon arrival and we had a room ready right away. We were able to check in an hour and a half early so that was real good. There is still constuction currently which is no big deal. The room had been updated. The only things in the room we did not like were the noise in the middle of the night due to the heater or something and the horrible view we had in our room. Considering the price, not too bad I guess. I was very dissapointed with the room service plates that were left in the hallways (several). They were still there the next day. I do not want to see plates of half eaten food going to my room. This appears to be a normal practice at this hotel based on other reviews. They really need to work on this. For these reasons, I will probably stay elsewhere next visit. The room was very clean and nice though. They have so much promise. You would think that since their guests have to "excuse" the construction, they would really work a little harder on the other details. Pick up dirty plates every hour maybe? Not to have the same plates 12 hours later in the same hallways!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate all of your comments about the staff and have been sure to share with them. I am dissapointed to read your observations regarding the trays in the hallways as you are right this is not the image we want to portray. I apologize that this was the image you found throughout your stay. This is at the top of my food departments list of things to resolve and we will have it resolve as soon as possible. I sincerely thank you for helping us find ways to get better as if it weren't for guests like you we would never know ways we can learn and grow. I have sent you a message to see if I can't ask for your help again in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed at plenty of hotels throughout Nashville for education conferences and meetings. This was my first time staying at Hotel Indigo. In fact, it was the first time I'd even heard of the hotel, so I was a little leery. But, as anyone who works for the state government knows, you kind of have to take what you can get when it comes to the government rate! Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised! Hotel Indigo was such a unique find - very different feel from most chain hotels. Truly felt like this was the only one of its kind. The service was great - from start to finish (valet to bellman to front desk to room service). Everyone was very friendly. The TV show "Nashville" was filming at the hotel that day/night, which closed down the bar/restaurant area, but they offered free breakfast items the next day to compensate for the inconvenience. I really didn't notice any inconvenience - the hotel's location is in such a great area that you don't have to go far to find great bars and restaurants. Plus, room service was still available. I will definitely be making a return trip to this great hotel!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mshaw80
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Glad you had such a great experience! We are very proud to show off our new product! Hope you will visit us again soon.