“Under renovation”

Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Guelph, Canada
“Under renovation”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location on the edge of downtown core. Pretty expensive considering its under renovation though. Wish they'd advised that when we booked through expeda. Very friendly service from valet and front desk staff who were freezing

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Stephan W
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. My sincerest apologies that the online booking agency did not notify you of the renovation. We made sure we sent them regular updates of where we were at with our renovation to make sure that everyone knew. Again, my deepest apologies, we want everyone that walks through our doors to have a great experience renovation or not. Its hard to do that when the expectation is not set from the beginning. I do hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future as our renovations are complete with a new lobby/restaurant and 3 additional floors of rooms. Thank you again for your comments. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoyed our stay very much! The rooms are very clean and spacious! The bathroom was very nice and spacious as well! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the valet attendants were very honest and trustworthy!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank busymama8
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Glad you had a wonderful stay. I have shared your comments with the team. Hope to see you again soon!
Prattville, Al
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I want to first say that our room was VERY clean and updated!! Wonderful bathroom with great walk in shower. The bed was not the most comfortable. We were aware of the construction but when we called and asked we were told that lobby was done and the only thing left was some guest rooms---this was NOT true. Front desk was a folding table in the hall by the elevators. Some staff were fine others very unprofessional. Worst being the bell man when we pulled in to valet park and check in. We had to ask for a cart and he watched as my husband unloaded our car. NOT a good first impression. Bell man when we checked out was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about the good things and the areas we have to improve at the hotel. I have shared your comments with my valet manager for immediate follow up. I hope you will visit us again after the renovations are complete in a couple weeks to see how beautiful the changes are. Thank you again for your comments.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What I looked for in booking a hotel for a girl's weekend in Nashville:
1. Walking distance to the downtown fun.
2. Safe.
3. Nice but not boutique.
4. Lobby with a bar/restaurant with music...good for people watching and relaxing.
5. Fair price.
6. On site parking

What I got with Hotel Indigo:
1. Walking distance to EVERYTHING we wanted to do downtown. It was so great just to walk a couple of blocks and be in the middle of the action. Perfect!
2. I felt mostly safe. I'm thankful that I didn't have to walk those couple of blocks alone though. There were a few people near the hotel that made me nervous.
3. The rooms were very nice, clean and updated. I have no complaints about that part. The room service was timely, fairly priced and tasty. However, we did set our dishes out in the morning only to find them still in the hall that night.
4. I knew there was some renovations going on but I was surprised at the level of it. The front desk was tucked away in a corner surrounded by plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling. While I understand "no pain, no gain" I wish I'd been warned about the lobby/bar/restaurant being closed. They did have a makeshift replacement that was just a small meeting space hidden down a long hall. If I had known the construction closing, I would have looked elsewhere.
5. I was pleased with the price. As far as I know, I didn't receive any discount because of renovations. All things being equal, if the lobby/bar/restaurant had been open, it would have been perfect.
6. As with all downtown hotels, parking is tricky. They offer valet parking for a parking garage located directly behind the hotel. The valet was courteous, quick and full of good tips. I have not complaints about the parking.

Overall, I was pleased with Hotel Indigo. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I would call to ask about the lobby/bar/restaurant.

One more thing, I was impressed with the staff at the front desk. They were fun, informative and helpful with every question or request.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CurtisandNancy A
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall! We are excited to say that renovation will be complete in just a few short weeks! Thank you for sharing your comments. We love to hear the good and the not so good so, we can get better each day! Thanks again.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good-I was happy to find a hotel walking distance to the New Years Eve events and have a wonderful walk in shower.. That was the only thing good about staying at this hotel.To my dismay the 2 bed -room we reserved was not available. I had to sleep in the same bed as my son. The hotel offered to give us a roll away, which in the past we have found too uncomfortable. Place is dusty. Dirty sheets were left in the hallway for days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I apologize your stay was not as you expected and have shared your comments with all of my staff. We utilize every review to see how we can improve each and every day. We are happy to say that our renovation will be complete in a few weeks and we will be able to add more rooms with two queen beds to our inventory. I would the opportunity to hear more about your stay if you have the time. I have sent you a message on how we can connect. Thank you again.
LA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were excited to stay at Hotel Indigo, but the experience was unfortunately subpar. We weren't aware of the massive renovation, which left the entire first floor bar / restaurant area unusable, but what was really frustrating was the lack of attention to detail in the rooms and service. From a broken shower head that spewed water out the side and onto the floor (there's no shower curtain or door) to indifferent service from the front desk, we found the whole experience disappointing. Perhaps we just had bad luck, but I can't say I'd recommend this hotel to friends, sorry!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lisablin
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so, much for your honesty about your stay with us recently. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected during our renovation. Our renovation will be complete in 3 weeks. It is important to me and each member of my staff to take all guest impressions good and bad and find ways to utilize them to make us better. I have taken all of your other comments and shared them with all of my staff . I have sent you a private message to ask for your help in continuing to help us get better in the future. Thank you again and again my sincerest apologies.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Questionable parking facility, hotel staff sitting in the entrance smoking like sailors, the hotel is being renovated and no one told us, the lobby is essentially one big wall of dusty plastic, the staff just shrugged when I raised the recommendation the hotel be a bit more up front about the complete lack of amenities due to the renovation, and I had to cut the water off to my toilet because it kept running all night. Do yourself a favor and stay across the street at the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Book at the Doubletree.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank billy g
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so, much for your honesty about your stay with us recently. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected and that you were not notified properly of our renovation. It is important to me to take all guest impressions good and bad and find ways to utilize them to make us better. While we do not own the parking garage which limits our ability to be able to make changes there I will share all of your comments with them so, they know they affect our guests. I have taken all of your other comments and shared them with all of my staff . I have sent you a private message to ask for your help in continuing to help us get better in the future. Thank you again and again my sincerest apologies.