“FANTASTIC”

Ranked #21 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
novato
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I arrived on a rainy day and was greeted with a smile and swift early check-in. My room was on the 11th floor and was absolutely gorgeous with a large print above the desk, a large handsome spacious armoire, a big screen plasma tv , a perfect bathroom with a very cool open shower, and a lovely view of downtown Nashville. My first night I dropped a diamond earring down the bathroom sink and Charles came up from maintenance and was the dearest soul retrieving it quickly and giving me excellent advice about cabbing it to a local club. He was an absolute jewel. My stay was comfortable and I loved the Keurig coffee machine in the room. My only tiny tiny quibble was that my sugar and cream were not re-stocked after my room was cleaned the second day. But there is a Starbucks downstairs so it was easy enough to run downstairs in yoga pants and buy a cup. The bed was extremely comfy and despite the hotel undergoing renovation I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Room 1103 rocked!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel was under some construction so it is not unexpected that the service and amentities were under stress. The front desk staff seemed indifferent to my arrival but for the most part promptly checked me in. The room was nicely appointed although I was not expecting concrete coated floors. Along with the floors, the walk in shower, albeit large in size, was in need of repairs and clearning.

All in all, this hotel has high end potential, but management is going to have to button up some rough edges.

As an aside, there was a Starbucks just off the lobby by the elevators - I am always thankful for the quick access to Starbucks!

Room Tip: A few blocks off the main drive in Nashville on Union Street, this hotel is handy for the casual tra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bellaviaggiatore
London
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We only stayed one night and walked around the downtown area in daylight. Close to all the bars on 2nd street and Broadway, so well located. I had planned on going back out at night, as my husband had a work function to attend, but didn't really feel safe to wander after dark on my own.

The room was very comfortable, huge bathroom and walk in shower. The ceiling was very high so really gave the room the feeling of space. Recently redone and painted and quite nice. We were on the 14th floor, so no issues with street noise.

Great hotel to stay at if you want to be close to all the downtown action and a very comfortable and pleasant stay. Nice to have the Starbucks on site as well for the morning latte.

I ate at the hotel 315 bar/restaurant on site. Nice area, live music and obvious that this was a favourite with some "regular" customers.

Room Tip: We had a room on one of the upper floors, so no noise to content with.
Hot Springs
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here just for one night passing through Nashville, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located just a couple of blocks from all of the music and restaurants. The staff was great, really nice bar isn the lobby, and the rooms were really comfortable and upscale. There was also a free concert right across the street, really hard to beat. I would highly recommend this hotel, and will stay here again.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is undergoing a major transformation, so once I heard that, I thought for sure I was going to be in for more than my fair share of inconveniences. Really though, the only inconvenience I experienced was the gym being closed. So with that said, I cannot comment on whether the gym was nice or wasn't because I never saw it.

The Pros: The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, as well the doormen and housecleaning staff. The building is an old bank building, and so it's actually very quiet in the room. My room was a corner room looking out onto 2 main streets and an outdoor concert venue that played until 11pm one night. I didn't have a problem with the noise being overwhelming from traffic or from the concert the night they had it. (I was worried about that too when I woke up that morning and saw them setting up the stage). Other pros are the convenience to everything in Downtown Nashville. I didn't have a rental car, and was still able to make it on foot to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Titan Stadium, Broadway Street, and Printers Alley runs along the west side of the hotel-which was a lot of fun, by the way. Oh, and Starbucks is in the lobby-can't go wrong there! The bed was very comfortable, which is rare in many hotels these days, and the bathroom/shower was very nice.

The Cons: The rooms are small. My boyfriend and I stayed in the room together for a week, and even though we live together, it was still close quarters. There just didn't seem to be a lot of room for stuff. I suppose, however, with the building not orginally being built as a hotel, the rooms are decent. The floors are dark hardwood, so I noticed that if I walked around barefooted, the bottom of my feet got dark - which was kind of gross. I don't know if they could treat the floors with something to alleviate that or not, but it would be nice. Other than the gym being closed, that was the only real downfall to my stay. I was in the hotel for a conference, which had tranportation to the Grand Ole' Opry/Opry Mills - so I didn't have to worry about transportation, however, I didn't see a shuttle bus belonging to the hotel. If they do not have a shuttle bus to The Grand Ole' Opry/Opry Mills/General Jackson, it would be wise for them to do so or at least a 1/2 price voucher for a cab ride out there because that's pretty far away and such a famous attraction.

Overall, I would stay here again due to the value of the hotel and it's proximity to all things downtown Nashville. The peace and quiet and the cleanliness, along with the friendly staff and comfortable bed would be my top selling points for this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a corner room looking out over Union & 2nd street.....and it was quiet. I can only imagine...
Texas City
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff which can make the difference, the room was nicely decorated and comfortable room. The hotel's location for visits to the Broadway is convenient as well. We had a good stay and I can recommend this hotel by all means.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Convenientley located downtown ,close to Printers Row and all other venues.
LP Field,Home of the Titans across the Bridge.
The Hotel a former Bank Building is getting ready to get a major upgrade.
Current rooms are very nice and roomey.Great Shower and comfortable bed.
Asked for a refrigerator ,which was promptly delivered.
Staff from Front Desk to Service very professional and accommodating.
Limited menu,but with a great choice of Bars and Restaurants close by,not an issue.
Would return.