“Super Cheerful!”

Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Florida
“Super Cheerful!”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The best part of my stay here was the staff, hands down. Everyone, without fail was extraordinarily chatty and cheerful in a way that I do not usually encounter in hotels. I walked into an elevator filled with housekeepers, who were all extremely friendly & chatty. Everyone I met was a delight. I have noticed the consistency with service at every Hotel Indigo I have been at.

I didn't notice any noise problems that many of the other guests complained about on Tripadvisor and I am a very sensitive sleeper. Didn't notice too much traffic noise either, and I was only on 6th floor. I am wonder what sort of sounds people expect when they stay in the city?

I had my favorite egg Florentine sandwich from the restaurant and staff down there was super friendly & accommodating as well. An all around great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Everything about this hotel was pleasant. Unfortunately, I rate my satisfaction with a stay by the quality of the sleep obtained. The walls are so thin that we heard the next door tenant talking on her phone all night long. We were on the thirteenth floor and heard the trains below. There is no excuse for this as adding sound attenuation during construction is easy to do and is also an easy retrofit.

• Stayed April 2011
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2011

My wife and I booked a stay here online through the hotel's website for a nice anniversary trip. We decided to try a new hotel this year downtown that was a little closer to all the hot spots and this location was great. We live in east TN and drove to Nashville early in the morning as we only had one day to do everything. Knowing we couldn't check in early, we went around town and enjoyed some things before going to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 1pm (again, knowing the room may not be ready, but decided to check). Sure enough, the room was ready, but we didn't get the request for a higher floor. The desk agent said only 3rd or 4th were ready (out of 15 floors). I told her we could wait, but she insisted that's all she had. So we went to the room, dropped our stuff and watched TV for a couple minutes before going back out on the town. That's when the fun started...

While sitting in the room watching TV, we could hear the elevator pass by everytime. Since our room wasa right next to the elevators, it was very loud. (We were in room 401.) Knowing it's an old building means the equipment is going to be old too. That's understandable, but I would think when making it into a hotel from an old office building, they would add some noise barriers in the walls. Let alone the 1-3" gap found under the door that you could clearly see into the hallway from. I am an extremely light sleeper and knew this wouldn't be a fun night.

So we went back down to the front desk and asked again if it would be possible to get a different room that would be away from the elevators and on a higher floor as originally requested in the reservation. The agent told us "we are sold out, I have nothing." Now, I am a manager in one of the top hotels in the US and know this is not the case. Not everyone is going to be checked in at 1pm that would prevent us from moving. She then asked "have you used the bed and everything?" While we had just checked in, the only thing we used was the toilet. Now, I move guests all the time to make them happy and don't mind cleaning the room either as it's part of my job. But this agent was not willing to do anything for us. Thankfully, the manager was standing there and overheard our conversation. He was able to move us up to the 12th floor (room 1201) which was still right next to the elevator but because it was towards the top, we wouldn't hear the elevator passing by each time and there was no road noise either. Granted, there was still quite a gap under the door, it's nothing that shoving the pillows against the door couldn't stop from the light coming in. I guess it would've been a lot nicer had the woman just done the same thing instead of making the manager step in. My wife mentioned as we went back to the room that she thought it seemed as though it was new staff or a new hotel and was just very unorganized.

The rooms themself are very nicely appointed and they did a great job with the renovation of turning it into a hotel (minus the items listed above). The art and colors were all very modern and furniture was comfortable. I had a good night's sleep although my wife woke up extremely sore from being uncomfortable in the bed.

As an IHG priority club member, I had higher expectations for the service as I know how good this brand is. I'm not sure if I would stay at this property again, but it does have a great location!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This was one of the very best hotels that I have ever stayed at. I can't believe some of the negative reviews that I am reading!

We arrived in Nashville from Toronto after a 15 hours drive and were completely exhausted but perked up as soon as we walked inside. This hotel is very modern and very boutiquey - we loved the Kid Rock picture made out of licence plates and the guitars on the wall.

Check-in was quick and everyone there was very friendly.

We parked our car and took our bags up to our room. One word - HUGE. We we a little nervous about noise as our room was right beside the stairs but we didn't hear a peep from any one for our entire stay. The bedrooms were massive with the bathroom behind the front door. There was a hallways from the bathroom to the bedroom that was lined with gorgeous music inspired photos.

We had a lovely sofa as well as a desk and the most comfortable bed that we have ever slept on. My boyfriend was hesitant to continue the rest of our trip just so that he could spend a few more nights with the pillows and amazing mattress.

The internet was wonderful and the staff was amazing. Checkout was quick with no surprise fees.

The bar was excellent with the food and gave us ketchup in the cutest little bottles!

I completley recommend this hotel.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. This is the place to be in Nasvhille!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We went to Nashville for a music vacation. All we wanted to do was relax, hear some live music and enjoy good food. The downtown location of the Hotel Indigo was perfect for us. It's a relatively short walk down to Broadway and there are many bars and restaurants in between so we had plenty of food and music options including Printer's Alley which is less than a block away.

Our room was clean and very comfortable. We had a corner room with an eastern exposure which was bright and cheerful but the blackout curtains kept it dark enough that we were able to sleep late if we wanted to. The only thing missing from the room is a full length mirror - in fact the only mirror was the one in the bathroom. This is a minor complaint - not enough to influence our decision to stay here again (which we will!)

All of the staff members were courteous and efficient. Valet parking was a little pricey but probably no more expensive than any other downtown hotel. Our car was always ready when we called down.

The hotel bar hosts live music most nights featuring local talent and singer/songwriter showcases.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2011

First, the good things about this hotel. The location, smack in the middle of downtown Nashville, was superior. The front desk staff was accommodating, and the lobby was almost always busy, music and noise we couldn't hear in our room three floors away. The high-speed wireless internet was the fastest I think I've encountered at a hotel, and it was free. When a bellman was friendly enough to tell me I could make movies with my iPhone, I actually wanted him to tell me how.

Now for the downers. The rooms (at least ours, 317 in Tower Two) are small and cramped. It is a converted office building from the 1920s or '30s, and we were lodged right next to the elevator shaft. The bathroom had good water pressure, and the Aveda products were luxurious (they even had mouthwash, a rare treat.) But, the furniture was scarred and banged up. They provided two night tables and then crammed one of them sideways into a corner because it wouldn't fit next to the bed. The chest for a closet had a broken door that wouldn't stay shut. And, Union Street outside got very loud at certain times of the day.

I would likely try this branch of Indigo again, but I would request a different room than 317.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank andrawatkins
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Hotel Indigo Nashville overcharged me by a substantial amount, and they are refusing to refund. I tried calling the 800 number, and I have been told that the individual hotel will have to take care of the problem. Well, the individual hotel is refusing to take care of the problem, and the manager will not call me back. I have been battling this for 4 days now. I think that they purposely overcharged me too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank nrd2010
HotelIndigoNashDT, Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
This party was not a guest at the hotel. The tip on the bar tab was entered incorrectly due to sloppy handwriting. The $8 error was corrected.