“Most Enjoyable Tour”

Nashville Showboat Lunch or Dinner Cruise on the General Jackson
Ranked #20 of 81 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Tennessee and Music City Double Decker & Trolley Hop has been showing off Nashville since 1972! With over 20 tours to choose from including the Music City Trolley & Double Decker Hop there is truly a tour for everyone! Whether you want to see the filming locations of the hit TV Show Nashville, go backstage at the Grand Ole Opry, or explore the outskirts of the city and see why so many stars call Nashville home, we have an experience for you!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Most Enjoyable Tour”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

While in Nashville in September (for both business and pleasure) I treated myself to Gray Line's tour of the country singers' homes and I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed it. The small shuttle bus we took - there were about 7 of us on the tour - was most comfortable. I can't remember now exactly how much the ticket cost, but I do remember that it was definitely cheap for the great experience. Our driver, Jeff Coats, was awesome - his knowledge of the area and the homes we saw on our 3+ hour tour was amazing. He treated us with the utmost respect, made sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying themselves. You could see that Mr. Coats takes a lot of pride in his job. And I appreciated the stop at a local store to grab a snack and use the restroom. It was great to see the area and learn more about different parts of Nashville out in the countryside. If you are in Nashville and looking for a nice, relaxing way to spend your day, please take this tour. Oh, and I was staying at the Gaylord and the shuttle picks you up at the hotel - no need to get yourself over to Gray Line - they come and get you!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank starcitygal

Austin, Texas
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Music City Tour”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Worth it just to listen to the driver's commentary. You see the Country Music Hall of Fame, tour the Ryman Theatre. Hits all the sites and stops for a light beverage and a couple numbers at one of the Honky Tonks downtown.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Garth M
Houston
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great City Tour”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This tour was a nice overview of the main attractions. Comfortable and not over crowded bus, hotel pick up was great, but they don't take you back to the hotel, they drop you off at the end of Broadway where their main office is. We walked back to hotel and had lunch along the way, nice weather so no problem. Tour of Ryman and Country Music Hall of Fame was great.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Janet W
Parkdale, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What the”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were very disappointed with our trip. The driver was good but he attempted to make a boring trip a fair bit betterbb

1 Thank Michael E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY GONE WRONG!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I wanted to drop you a line and tell you what a delight your driver was yesterday on the "Homes" tour at 8:30 AM. He went above and beyond in making sure everyone was fully accomodated with his "wealth of knowledge" that he shared with all of us in such a fun and humorous way, I might add. I truly feel I know so much about Tennessee as a result of being in his company. The fact that he was a bit tardy and picked us up at around 9:15 AM was totally forgotten by us when we saw his warm smile and jolly personality as he opened his door for us.

On the other hand, the gentleman that came to pick us up at 12:55 PM for the "Grand" tour the day before was very brash and intimidating, as he called my daughter five minutes before the scheduled 1 PM pick-up on her cell. She ran down to him and told him I would be about 5 minutes, as we were waiting for our lunch pick-up. He told her that he had to leave right away because there were other pick-ups, so she panicked and called me at 1:05 PM to stop waiting for our lunch.

He proceeded to your office and after being in there for a good 10 to 15 minutes, your Manager Pam came out to talk to me. She would not even listen to our concern (although our concierge Kevin from Doubletree had called her) and offered us in a very brash manner an ultimatum to continue on the trip quietly or get a refund.

There were seniors on the trip that had difficulty walking, a partially blind woman that were not given any warning or consideration by the driver when it came to multiple steps, escalators, etc. The driver just continued to race around us in a very abrupt manner and not at all concerned with our comfortableness.

I just felt you should be made aware of the image and face that "Pam" was portraying in your company's name. That good ole Southern Hospitality stopped right there with her (some CUSTOMER SERVICE training may be in dire need for her!!)

Thank You for your time!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Harmony57
pammyj1996, Manager at Gray Line Tours, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
I am thrilled that "Harmony" enjoyed her tour of the Stars Homes with us and that she enjoyed herself. We take a lot of pride in what we do and we value each and every customer. I am very sorry that she did not enjoy herself the day before and that she felt that I had not shown her true Southern Hospitatilty. Harmony knows the truth of what occured on that day and under the circumstances she was treated with tremendous grace and hospitality.