“Close to the Airport!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Needed an affordable place to stay during my few days in Nashville. This hotel is right down the road from the airport and the highways are nearby. Also food options are nearby too.

Staff is super friendly especially Michael who checked me in. Very helpful and was able to accommodate me when I told him I needed a non-smoking room.The staff in the giftshop was the only exception. They weren't that friendly.

Internet and parking comes with your stay so that's a plus.

The hotel is pretty outdated and needs to be updated a bit more but it's a great option near the airport!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Brittany C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are happy we met your expectations at our hotel. We hope to see you again at our establishment.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a for sure place to stay! Clean rooms great service and close to anything you need. The manager is super. The desk clerks are always friendly. This is the only hotel I will stay in when I go to Nashville. They have a great breakfast as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to the airport and downtown bar scene to celebrate my sister's birthday over the weekend. Holiday Inn Express went above and beyond our expectations for this trip. We were walking distance to several restaurants, music venues and shops; as well as the Grand Ole Opry and Gaylord Opryland. This hotel was clean, modern and provided shuttle service to and from the airport and downtown (Broadway). We will without doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn A
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I truly value consistent and Holiday Inn Express is very consistent. I trarichvel one week each month and I've come to appreciate the cleanliness, and value at Holiday Inn Express.

Arrival: The grounds were clean and free of trash. The parking lot was also well lit at night.I was warmly welcomed when I walked in and the lobby smelled great! The furniture was contemporary and very appealing. My check in took less than one minute and the staff members were very friendly.

Elevator: Looked fairly new with no odors & had an up to date inspection. The lift was smooth and quiet to the third floor.

Hallways: Quiet & clean with calming colors, decor and lighting.

King Room: Spacious with sitting area. I took a nice hot shower. Linens were white and clean. Bath and Body Works products are also in the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable (firm) and all appliances were in writing order. Heat / AC is controlled by a thermostat on the wall andv worked well.

Fitness Center: Great equipment--elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike. Having disposable cups for water would have been a nice touch.

Location: Close to shopping, the airport and downtown.

Verdict: Stay here when you visit Nashville.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were looking for a good value in a nice hotel that was close to Opryland, yet still allowed easy access to the downtown area. And we definitely found it here!!

This hotel is fairly new, very clean, and is right across the street from the Gaylord Opryland. You could walk there if you didn't mind maybe a mile walk. But there are also free shuttles from the Holiday Inn to the Gaylord, the Oprymills Outlet Mall (which is very nice), and to the Grand Old Opry. There is a gas station that sells beer and snacks, as well as a liquor store right next door to the hotel. And a handfull of restaurants within a block or so that we enjoyed also.

As far as getting to the downtown area, the hotel front desk will call you a shuttle that picks up on the top of the hour and takes you downtown. It then picks you up downtown on the bottom of the hour for a return to the hotel. And the price is just $10 per person round trip. It was very easy to use and the drivers were EXTREMELY nice and helpful.

And I need to mention the breakfast that is included in your stay. As hotel "free" breakfasts go, this is definitely one of the good ones. Cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit, toast, juice, cereal, oatmeal. Not a bad deal at all!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be pretty equal here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, not far from Nashville's Opry and mall with easy access to the main highway. The down side was. It's an old hotel, and its look quite faded. We also had some unpleasant incident with the receptionist. Our stay was for 3 nights. During our first night my husband complained to me about "a strange smell" like mold in the room, which prevented him from sleeping all night. In the morning I went to the reception, explained our problem regarding the room's odor but the only answer I got was in appropriate. The clerk response was: "I will send the housekeeper to check", and also that the hotel is fully booked. I insisted upon getting a different room, without the "approval" of the housekeeper!!! When he realized the stupidity of his answer, he gave me a card to another room, to check if it's OK. My husband checked the new room and it had no bad smell. So we moved to the new room and it took me 2 hours, to pack and unpack our belongings in the new room. I stayed at many Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the last few years; this hotel had the worst customer's attitude.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon_zz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Sharon_zz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great hotel, great location, great breakfast. The only co plaint I had was that I had asked for adjoining rooms. There were 7 of us on a girl trip and we wanted to be together. I made my reservations over a month in advance and then called a few days before to reiterate. When we got there, they could not give is adjoining rooms. We were side by side, but I was still a little miffed. Everything else was great! Nice, comfortable and clean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends