“room prepaid but room not available”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
Ranked #39 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, GA
“room prepaid but room not available”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Memorial week-end, 2012. We had prepaid for two nights with a king size, non smoking room. When we checked in, we were told there were no longer any king rooms available. When we asked, why?, we had prepaid for this, he said that they never know if a guest will show up or not, so they do not hold king rooms for these reservations.
SO, WHY would we want to make reservations and prepay for a room that will almost surely not be available? We made reservations through Roomstays.com and they were unable to help us when I contacted them after our stay. So the upshot is, make a reservation, but arrive very early because it is apparently, first come, first served.

Room Tip: Do not use Roomstays.com and if you do, do not expect your reservation to be honored.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Atlanta_GAMimi,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, TN. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Clean, large rooms. Comfortable beds. Free breakfast. Friendly staff & great location. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alison092
West Plains, MO
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed four nights at this hotel - May 7th through May 11th. We had a suite with two comfortable queen beds. Room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. The staff was friendly, and Darcel was kind enough to come to our room and hook up the DVD player we brought with us to the flat screen television in our room. The hotel's location was great for us. It was a 15 minute walk to the Gaylord Opryland and about a 25 minute walk to the Opry Mills Mall. The hotel had a shuttle to both locations. We went to the Grand Ole Opry one evening and used the shuttle. Excellent service - the shuttle was outside the Opry waiting for us after the show - we did not have to call for it! The included breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs, sausage, grits and gravey and a great pancake maker which I wish I could have brought home with me. All in all, an excellent hotel near the Opry - and much more reasonable than the Gaylord. If I can ever talk my husband into going to the Opry again, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori S
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. The location was great and close to everything. There was a slight mix up in rooms when we checked in but was quickly corrected and great professionalism. Would stay here anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was traveling with my 22-year-old son and my 76-year-old mother. I chose this hotel because of its location and because we could have a suite, bed for me, bed for my mother and sleeper sofa for my son. Although we arrived at 3pm, they did not have a suite available and could do nothing for me except offer a discount to the price of a room without a suite. We stayed three nights and really cold have used the extra space a suite would have provided. Hotel was okay otherwise, close to the Grand Ole Opry, breakfast okay, Wi-fi okay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Michelle B,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Big room, clean, quiet, comfortable. Arrived 2 hrs before check-in and was able to check in. Free breakfast was good, not great, no complaints. Good wi-fi signal. Shuttle to Opryland Hotel was convenient, though very high -- needed helicopter lift to get into the van.

Only (minor) issue: the furniture was not conducive to locking laptops. Desk didn't have a loophole and was too light (i.e., legs could be lifted and lock slid off). Easy fix -- I moved the table toward the dresser and looped the laptop cable through a dresser handle.

One other note for guests: take pictures with the huge banjo but don't touch it, or you'll get rust all over your clothes.

Would definitely stay again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My mother and I stayed here while visiting our hometown of Nashville. The hotel is nicely appointed with very clean and comfortable rooms. The staff were so nice and the shuttle was really handy. We had a lovely visit and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in and around Nashville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family