“Good Value for the Money”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #101 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Area is a bit run down but felt safe. Liked my room. Nice comfortable bad. Room included everything one needs (hairdryer, shampoo, iron, etc.) Good Value for the Money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank anitaInJocotepec

Reviewed September 3, 2010

First two nights in the USA so fresh, clean pool was a lifesaver after traveling for 24hrs. Rooms were tidy, had air-con, fridge and micro-wave, HBO and all the amenities. Comfy bed and room made up each day. At night it was very quite so we got great sleeps. Breakfast was standard sugary stuff with juice and coffee, plus a free paper each morning. About 20mins bus ride (#23) from downtown with the bus stop right outside. Only downside wifi didn't exist (or we couldnt access it at least, and staff vague about it). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sonofmurchy
Reviewed June 27, 2010

A nice, clean place to stay if you are looking for the basics. It's not new, but we were comfortable. The kids loved the warm pool. Looks like a hard working family that owns/runs it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank The4Dots
Reviewed February 23, 2010

A typicaly EconoLodge facility. Basic hotel room - fairly clean for the most part. Some parts of the room look updated, and even though the craftmanship is not all that professional, you can tell the management has taken the effort to keep the rooms updated. It is a AAA approved facility - and they can get you an AAA discount if you are a member of AAA.

Problems - minimal. For starters, the chair and tables in the room seemed abused - and I was suprised that the furniture could hold my 200 lbs of weight. The chairs wobble as does the table, and I kept waiting for a chair to collapse as I sat on it! A little glue could go a long way for these people. In addition, if you have a trailer, parking is a chore here. They have very limited parking for anything bigger than a car or truck.

All together, a fair price to pay for a fair hotel. No fancy frills or extras (you have to pump your soap & shampoo out of a dispenser in the shower) - but you will at least not feel ripped off. Nice stop for a quick overnighter between destinations.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We're talking a good 10 minutes driving distance from Nashville -- that's on no traffic. I was someone led to believe by other reviews that it was much closer. Not a big deal. the room was very nice, clean, non-smoker. The clerks are apparently very afraid of us because they hide behind thick bullet proof glass. Some family was having the argument of their lives in the parking lot and were throwing a lot of B and F-Words around, but we don't have any kids so we found it kinda entertaining. Either way, cheapest way to enjoy Broadway at night. Breakfast SUCKED, it was just prepackaged stuff with nowhere to sit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

On our family vacation from Dallas to Chicago, we stayed overnight at the Econolodge. Our travelling party included three adults and five children, and we booked two rooms. Based on the reviews from TripAdvisor, I expected the rooms to be clean and no frills and that's what we got. However, when we checked in, we noticed two men loitering in the room next to us for several hours. At night, the men were in their room, but at 2 a.m. someone knocked on their door, and we overheard someone requesting to purchase drugs from the two men. The conversation last a while, and we did not get much sleep after that. I don't recommend this hotel for families or single women.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank chipmay
Reviewed April 2, 2009

In town for Tin Pan South. The Econo Lodge North far exceeded expectations. The room is very clean with a modern bath/shower - no mold. The room also has a table to work at, a fridge and microwave. Wireless internet is available in the room. The staff is extremely curteous. When I had trouble getting on-line initially, the desk manager sent a technician immediately to get me up and running. The location appears safe - no riff-raff hanging around, and very close to the city - about 10 to 15 minutes. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business