Econo Lodge North
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hutton Hotel(Nashville)
$281
$219
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssoap shampooplenty of fast foodwaffle housecontinental breakfast ismicrowave and mini fridgedecent place to staysec tournamentworked perfectlylarge flat screen tvbeds were comfortableminute drivean older hotelreception deskcoffee makerdowntown nashvillewould stay here againearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2010

A typicaly EconoLodge facility. Basic hotel room - fairly clean for the most part. Some parts of the room look updated, and even though the craftmanship is not all that professional, you can tell the management has taken the effort to keep the rooms updated. It is a AAA approved facility - and they can get you an AAA discount if you are a member of AAA.

Problems - minimal. For starters, the chair and tables in the room seemed abused - and I was suprised that the furniture could hold my 200 lbs of weight. The chairs wobble as does the table, and I kept waiting for a chair to collapse as I sat on it! A little glue could go a long way for these people. In addition, if you have a trailer, parking is a chore here. They have very limited parking for anything bigger than a car or truck.

All together, a fair price to pay for a fair hotel. No fancy frills or extras (you have to pump your soap & shampoo out of a dispenser in the shower) - but you will at least not feel ripped off. Nice stop for a quick overnighter between destinations.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We're talking a good 10 minutes driving distance from Nashville -- that's on no traffic. I was someone led to believe by other reviews that it was much closer. Not a big deal. the room was very nice, clean, non-smoker. The clerks are apparently very afraid of us because they hide behind thick bullet proof glass. Some family was having the argument of their lives in the parking lot and were throwing a lot of B and F-Words around, but we don't have any kids so we found it kinda entertaining. Either way, cheapest way to enjoy Broadway at night. Breakfast SUCKED, it was just prepackaged stuff with nowhere to sit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

On our family vacation from Dallas to Chicago, we stayed overnight at the Econolodge. Our travelling party included three adults and five children, and we booked two rooms. Based on the reviews from TripAdvisor, I expected the rooms to be clean and no frills and that's what we got. However, when we checked in, we noticed two men loitering in the room next to us for several hours. At night, the men were in their room, but at 2 a.m. someone knocked on their door, and we overheard someone requesting to purchase drugs from the two men. The conversation last a while, and we did not get much sleep after that. I don't recommend this hotel for families or single women.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank chipmay
Reviewed April 2, 2009

In town for Tin Pan South. The Econo Lodge North far exceeded expectations. The room is very clean with a modern bath/shower - no mold. The room also has a table to work at, a fridge and microwave. Wireless internet is available in the room. The staff is extremely curteous. When I had trouble getting on-line initially, the desk manager sent a technician immediately to get me up and running. The location appears safe - no riff-raff hanging around, and very close to the city - about 10 to 15 minutes. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Myself and three others occupied a room here for one night. It is definately a one star motel if that. Very old, out dated facility in a low scale part of Nashville. Lot of individuals outside of the facility all hours of the night, high security at local fast food places within walking distance of this place, so apparently high crime in the area. If you are looking for a dirt cheap place to stay and do not really care about the upkeep-this is the place to stay. Make sure you read the fine lines of their contract you sign off on, they charged us a $250.00 fee for smoking in a non-smoking room which never happened! Tried to talk with the Manager at the location and they have been less than helpful in regards to this issue.The room smelled like a musty old rag when we arrived, compared to other Econolodge facilities-this place is a dump.

• Stayed: February 2009