“For the price it was not too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #95 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Acworth, Georgia
“For the price it was not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

It was kind of iffy when we entered the lobby. It was clean but it looked kind of shady and outdated. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered our room. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was not the best. Saw a few homeless looking people lurking around, but only stayed one night and not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

In looking for a place to stay overnight on my way elsewhere, I combed over so many other budget type hotels and came up with this one. Some of the reviews were not as favorable as I would like, but this hotel has been making renovations so I took a chance. Apparently they just finished putting new flat screens in each room with new mattresses as well. The breakfast was typical continental style with is mostly sugar which I am restricted from, so I opted for the Waffle House across the road or a McDonald's or other choices nearby. The low price or great value for the room was a plus. The AC/Heat was a newer unit and no problems. Larger rooms and the area felt safe enough by myself to fill the car with gas at 10 p.m. Had an opportunity to use the pool which was very nice and good temperature too. Definitely will visit again when in Nashville area and will recommend to others.

Room Tip: I had room 134 and a little more bright at night, and would be my choice but the other end of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Susan K
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The lobby was not very welcoming, and it was the same room where they had cereal displayed on a counter. I'm assuming that was the continental breakfast. Our room smelled musty and unclean. The carpet felt dirty and the entire room seemed dark. Corners of the rooms were dusty and the area of this hotel seemed shady. Price is great but I guess if you pay cheap, you get cheap. Very unsatisfied and will no longer stay at an Econo Lodge hotel because of this visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hotpink_12

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Grand Prairie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed at Econolodge north May 13-17, 2014. The room was okay. The area was not very good. We were concerned about parking our car here. The second day we returned from visiting down town to find our door unlocked. The cleaning people had been there stripped the bed, but not remade it and they apparently forgot to lock the door. They did come when we called and made the bed. We had trouble with the t v and they said they'd call their guy to check on it, but he never came. We finally got it working ourselves. The price was good and the room was clean. The breakfast area did not have tables and chairs. It had very few choices and we had to take the food and juice to our room. Overall we were not pleased.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grandmabs
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked two rooms in january and they weren't next to each other...that was displeasing. The staff was friendly. The AC in my room was awful it would blast cold air for 10 minutes every hour then stop...it was loud and annoying. The location is good-near lots of fast food places...easy to get to and from and in and out of city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for a quick over-night on a business trip. Working for a nonprofit, I try to keep my travel expenses to a minimum. The price was right, the location was safe for a single female traveler, and the hotel appeared clean in the pictures.

The hotel met my expectations. The room was clean, the location was safe, and I got a good night's sleep.

The staff, on the other hand, was exceptionally rude. I needed an itemized folio prior to checkout for reimbursement purposes. I had a 6AM flight, and when I went to check out at 4:30 the man on duty said there was no way he could print out my folio. It took a call to Choice Hotels corporate to get my folio. Very frustrating. Had it not been for the rude staff members, my review would have been higher.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMagicDiva88
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here twice. The first time was last October on a Friday night. Despite people staying there who were obviously ready to party in town, we got a good night's sleep and were well rested for our drive the next day: exactly what I ask from a motel.

On our way back through Nashville we stayed here again, this time in one of the little cabins further away from the main building. Despite it being well below freezing, the room was again cozy.

Everything worked perfectly both times we stayed, the TV and the wifi. This is not the closest place to downtown, but you will not beat it for the price.

Both times the staff was friendly and welcoming.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ianpaulweb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Sleep Inn Nashville
Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
Comfort Suites Goodlettsville
#7 of 16 in Goodlettsville
3.5 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!