“Not so good not so bad”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #102 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked two rooms in january and they weren't next to each other...that was displeasing. The staff was friendly. The AC in my room was awful it would blast cold air for 10 minutes every hour then stop...it was loud and annoying. The location is good-near lots of fast food places...easy to get to and from and in and out of city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge North

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for a quick over-night on a business trip. Working for a nonprofit, I try to keep my travel expenses to a minimum. The price was right, the location was safe for a single female traveler, and the hotel appeared clean in the pictures.

The hotel met my expectations. The room was clean, the location was safe, and I got a good night's sleep.

The staff, on the other hand, was exceptionally rude. I needed an itemized folio prior to checkout for reimbursement purposes. I had a 6AM flight, and when I went to check out at 4:30 the man on duty said there was no way he could print out my folio. It took a call to Choice Hotels corporate to get my folio. Very frustrating. Had it not been for the rude staff members, my review would have been higher.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelMagicDiva88
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here twice. The first time was last October on a Friday night. Despite people staying there who were obviously ready to party in town, we got a good night's sleep and were well rested for our drive the next day: exactly what I ask from a motel.

On our way back through Nashville we stayed here again, this time in one of the little cabins further away from the main building. Despite it being well below freezing, the room was again cozy.

Everything worked perfectly both times we stayed, the TV and the wifi. This is not the closest place to downtown, but you will not beat it for the price.

Both times the staff was friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ianpaulweb
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The room we had seemed clean. We checked in late and out early but it was quiet and the bed was ok. The neighborhood looked seedy. There were people running from room to room slamming doors as if they were arguing. Looks like maybe the guest were long term guests. Was ok considering the price was low but I wouldnt have given anymore than I did. I also wouldnt be outside walking around in the parking lot especially at night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lovetotravel300
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The wifi didn't work and the TV barley worked. Was told to smack the sides to et it to work. The room was mostly clean nothing major was wrong. The people was nice but could barley understand what was being said but I'd prolly stay again considering the price was good.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is not friendly at all; I would say they are not even professional. I called to ask about check in, the recording is the first sign that this place does not value friendly service, anyhows the man who answered was curt and basically did not give a damn about my experience here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kbui6293
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Room was not cleaned well. Smudges on mirror, dried toothpaste on bathroom counter, dirty floors, and blankets has stains and cigarette burns. Only positives was that the room does come with fridge/microwave and fast food restaurants are within walking distance. Breakfast offerings were coffee, packaged sweet rolls and two choices of cereal.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple