“Better than I hoped” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Better than I hoped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a weekend trip to Nashville. I was worried, beacuse it was one of the only places we could find to stay, as there was a lot going on in Nashville when we stayed. It was clean, yes it smelled like smoke, but you know going in it's a smoking hotel. The staff was nice enough, they helped us find a taxi cab, but we didn't really rely on them for anthing else.It was $20 to take a cab into Nashville from here (including tip). many little fast food restaraunts close. The room has a fridge and a microwave. We were happy with the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rerespur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I felt like I got what I paid for. The building and furnishings are showing their age (cigarette burns in the clean blankets, TV that needed a few minutes to get going), but the area was quiet and a short drive into Nashville. Overall cleanliness was 7.5-8 out of 10. On the plus side, the wifi signal and temperature/ water pressure in the shower were both great. Nice to have a fridge and microwave too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

In fairness - we stayed only one night at this hotel, and it generally served its purpose (bed, bath, and a quick night's sleep). However, I would never stay here again.

I wasn't even really greeted upon check in. The clerk was on the phone (clearly a personal phone call), sitting behind a thick security wall of plexiglass, and honestly did not utter a word to me, other than slipping something through the little window for me to sign and muttering my room number. Fine - not the most hospitable, I can get over it.

Checked into our room and it reeked like smoke. I was prepared for this as I was told they only had smoking rooms available when I made the reservation. Fine, I was told ahead of time, I can get over it, even though it was nasty.

Went to unpack and low and behold - I found drugs and paraphernalia in one of the drawers. Seriously. Had my husband confirm what I was seeing and promptly packed up again and returned to the lobby. The clerk was still on the phone but quickly hung up when I told her what we'd found and that we wanted another room - stat. She was apologetic and quickly moved us to another room...a nonsmoking room in fact. Huh....thought I was told that none were available? Guess they make an exception when illegal drugs are found?

So we settled into our new, non smoking room. It was fine. Nothing fancy but was generally clean. Linens were poor quality but again, it was the Econo Lodge, I wasn't expecting much.

Throughout the night, there was a lot of "traffic" in and out of a room below us. I saw several cars come and go and it was clear to me that whomever was using that room was likely not a fellow traveler but rather someone conducting some sort of "business". It was very loud throughout the night.

This hotel is in a mixed area of Nashville - definitely some unsavory surroundings nearby. I probably wouldn't have felt as unsafe had I not discovered the drugs in room #1, and not witnessed all of "traffic" in the room below but truthfully, those two things, coupled with the surrounding neighborhood just made me a bit uneasy.

We didn't attempt the breakfast so I have no comment on that.

The room was cheap. The clerk was accomodating in moving us to another room. The rooms were "okay". But would I do it again? Absolutely not. Pay the extra money and stay elsewhere.

Also - general traveler tip....in some bigger cities, it's not a big deal to stay 5-7 miles away from downtown but this general location did not feel at all convenient to downtown. So if you're going to Nashville to check out the honky tonks, etc. - you really are better off to stay somewhere closer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JNRG
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

great experience and great rate. internet worked great in the room. room was clean and had amenities like shampoo, soap, and lotion. towels were clean and fluffy.
we didnt eat breakfast here so not sure about it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

You have to love Econo Lodge - they are not fancy, and most could use a good update. But it always has the things you look for and need. Large room, fridge, microwave, a table and two chairs, and comfy beds. We also like the sink and vanity outside the tub/toilet area, and Econo Lodge usually has this arrangement.
We also like motels with outside entrances to the room - where you can park right in front of your door and you don't have to shlep your luggage up stairs and down long halls.
This Econo Lodge had it all. Nice size TV, two queen beds (they don't have any king beds) and an really great shower - pulsating water flow and lots of it. And high enough for a tall person to shower comfortably.
Was it fancy? No. And it could use some refurbishing attention. But it was a good night's sleep with all the things we look for in a room. Can't ask for much more - and at a great price.
Skip the breakfast - it was basically non-existant.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking, so all the rooms seem to be in a good location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Beds & bath were clean, chairs and tables belong in a landfill, carpets were ehhh!
Price was low!
Location was ok in a commercial area, no local pedestrian traffic, good highway access!
Didn't interact with staff other than check in and they were fine!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank pitgnarf
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have to preface this review with the fact I was not feeling well when I stayed here. This is an older hotel in a mixed neighborhood, the room was OK, the heat worked great (it was really cold outside). Internet was good, TV had over 100 channels (really!). There was plenty of hot water, but the tile floor in the bathroom area was very sticky (does no one know how to clean a tile floor anymore?). Bed was OK, nothing really special. My room had a refrigerator and microwave. Large counter in bathroom, but lighting was poor. Lots of fast food nearby, Wendy’s next door, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Arby’s and many others nearby. Breakfast is like the picture on this posting, cereal, coffee and pre-packaged rolls. I chose to eat a Denny’s after driving an hour. I paid $40 for a queen plus 15.25% tax plus $2.50 per night (Tennessee/Nashville is a rip off for taxes). For a one night stay, it is tolerable. I would not leave anything exposed in your vehicle in this neighborhood, but I didn’t have any problems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo