Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport
Ranked #82 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Henderson, NV
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Our family of four stayed here one night on our way back home. We checked in late and had no problems. The person at Hotel Registration was friendly and check-in was fast and easy. Our room was large, clean, quite, and comfortable. The free breakfast the next morning was superb. They had a good array and hot and cold foods. The breakfast area was fairly large so finding a vacant table was easy. The hotel is just 5-10 minutes from the airport by car but you would never know it because there is absolutely no noise. Great place. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank TManReturns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2009

After reading previous reviews, I was concerned about staying here. In fact, I placed three phone calls directly to the hotel, with hopes of guaranteeing a perfect stay. We wanted a renovated room, king sized bed and refrigerator. All request were met! During one call we were assured that we would be pleasantly surprised at the hotel's offerings. At a quick glance the renovations are eye catching. Look deeper and hotel still needs lots of improvements. Dead bolt wasn't aligned properly so it didn't work - housekeeping entered twice and compromised privacy. No toilet tissue holder - had to hold tissue while using it - sanitary issue?? Asked front desk for sweeper - after housekeeping ignored request for room to be swept. Closet door is a mirror that reflects directly into bathroom - even with latch guard in place, when housekeeping tries to enters, ones privacy is violated! Mold was slightly visible around safety handle, spigot and soap dishes in tub area. The new king sized mattress was very comfortable and provided a wonderful night's sleep. There were two flat screen televisions in the room, which was nice. BUSINESS CENTER - Never cleaned during our 13 day stay. A long black hair is probably still beside the nonworking printer, along with coffee spill in front of tower and cobweb above monitor. Key board is Filthy! The south end stairway needs cleaned. Someone placed a fast food wrapper in the handrail on the first floor and it was there for 13 days. Employees walked past it several times a day and did not toss it. We stayed on the third floor. Some type of liquid was spilled ( by the south stairway) on the NEW carpet in the hallway. Housekeeping did not remove the spill and it was getting progressively darker during our stay. Outside grounds- the watering system has issues, it malfunctions daily and will give you a free car wash. They DO sweep the parking lot daily, yet we found screws, bolts and foreign objects in the parking lot every day. We were concerned about objects puncturing our tires. Am sure this will improve once the renovations are complete. STAFFING - 80% of the staff were wonderful. They always had a friendly greeting and went above and beyond to make one feel welcome. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST - There is no creativity or change in the daily offerings. For a one or two night stay it is perfect. For an extended stay it is monotonous. This hotel is adjacent to I-40 and at the end of Nashville Airport's runway. Amazingly, neither disturbed us. In fact, enjoyed watching the airplanes from our window. I would encourage one to book for a quick in and out stay, but probably would look elsewhere for an extended stay. Our reservations were booked at an extended stay, corporate rate which saved us approximately 50% of daily rack rate. At this rate we were satisfied. Had we paid full rate, we believe there would be better options elsewhere. The staff is extremely proud of the hotel's "million dollar" renovation, but if they continue to protect/maintain this investment in the manner we witnessed, the hotel will be back to its previous condition within a year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chevycub
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This hotel is a wonderful surprise. A great rate on the web with an excellent location. The room is clean, the beds are comfortable (and sturdy) and the complimentary hot breakfast is better than most. I like the fact that the room has a widescreen TV with HD channels, including the local news. Also, wireless internet is provided for free.

The hotel is easily accessible off I-40. There is a Kmart just a block away and multiple dining options within a mile. They offer an airport shuttle, though we did not need to use it. Downtown is just 6 miles to the west.

There is quite a bit of road noise, as the hotel is nestled in the elbow of a busy intersection (Donelson Pike and I-40), though despite the proximity to the airport, I did not hear one single plane during my entire stay.

The staff is quite friendly. We arrived about an hour before check-in time, but they let us go ahead and get into our room and were very accommodating.

There is a free underground parking garage, which was nice because we arrived during a severe thunderstorm, so we stayed dry and safe from the weather. It was cluttered with furnishings, though, as some rooms are apparently still undergoing renovations.

The only complaints I have are in the bathroom. The bathroom door didn't latch or lock. There was no toilet paper holder mounted on the wall, so you had to hold the roll with one hand while unrolling it with another. Also, the shower made a loud, annoying, high-pitched noise while it ran, making me want to get quickly out of an otherwise comfortable shower!

I have family in the Nashville area and stay overnight every couple of months. I will definitely stay here again, if not every time I visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zpb52
Norcross, GA
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I had stayed at this property a few years ago and was really impressed by the updates of the furnishings. The design is warm colors like brown and rust and it really adds a comfortable touch. I would recommend if you are traveling solo and notice your room has a connector, and if you're a light sleeper, get a different room. It didn't really affect me much because when I cranked the AC I couldn't hear the tv in the room next door. The breakfast was good. Nothing extraordinary but clean dining area and everything was in order. Check in and check out went smooth. And you couldn't be closer the I-40 and yet you don't hear it. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The motel was a lot more than I expected. Check-in was fast and pleasant. We were not Gold Points Plus members, but the clerk who checked us in keyed in our info and we became instant members, adding this stay to our credit. There is some construction in progress but this worked in our favor as we were given "new rooms". Everything was so clean and fresh. I felt I was in a brand new home! The rooms have a contemporary flair and I loved the modern bathroom fixtures. We were on the 6th floor and hear some street noise, but not enough to make us lose sleep. Breakfast was more than I expected: Bacon, eggs, muffins, a variety of breads, cereals, oatmeal, grits, juices, milk,
coffee, fruit. What more could you want? The breakfast area was larger than most, plenty of tables for everyone. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. This place was a great find and I will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Pompano Beach
Reviewed May 14, 2009

The whole unpleasant experience began when the front desk personel gave me the wrong room as well as my daughters. I requested and made reservations for 1 person, king bed, non smoking room. I was given 2 queen beds. My daughters reserved 2 people, 2 queen beds, smoking room. They were given 1king bed non smoking room. We went back to the front desk and got the rooms exchanged only to be told that the entire hotel was converted to a non smoking facility. We were not told this until we had checked in (from Ft Lauderdale).THEN, the girls proceeded to their rooms to unpack, get settled in only to find the drawers in their unit had a half eaten crumb coffee cake in one of the drawers, as well as other food items and tags that had been removed from clothing purchases by the previous guests.. The hotel was undergoing renovations and we had pounding above us for most of the day as well as the 2 elevators were locked by the construction people and even repeated banging on the elevator doors, they would not release the elevators, causing repeated trips up and down the stairs ( we were on the 3rd floor) Numerous complaints to the front desk did not correct the problem.Thank Goodness our stay was a breif one and I would never go back there again. My answer to the next question is simply not only a no but an ABSOLUTELY NOT!. Under ground parking was filled with rolled carpets and construction materials and trash..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
missouri
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We booked with Hotels.com to get a hotel with park and fly. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told they had cancelled that service 2 weeks prior to our arrival. We were not told before that. Since we had paid through hotels.com we had to stay there. We then had to park for parking at the airport!
The pillows were flat and it was not clean. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! I won't be using hotels.com either. After filing a complaint, they sent me to this website. :-(

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family