“Only Stay Here if No Where Else Available”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel is in need of general maintenance and spruce up. Night time staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. Asked for shampoo, asked for an extra pillow, asked for clean pillowcase and extra towel. The interaction was so unpleasant that we just went down to Walgreens and bought shampoo, lived without the extra pillow, and yes, we did get the clean pillowcase and towel but only after going down 2X to the front desk. To be fair, the hotel was completely booked but again, the night front desk is not what you want to see after you have driven hours to Nashville and are tired. On a separate note, Brad the daytime desk person was great. Very helpful, efficient, and seemed sympathetic to the endless stream of people trying to find a room in a completely booked city. Had Brad been the night staff, it would have made up for the general dreariness of the hotel and I probably would not be writing this review.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of hotel as it will be quieter. Front can have buses idling, flag clips c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank giget1963
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate the hotel. We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We would like to hear more about your stay, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife had bug bites from this room and black hair left from the stay before. Hotel offered to do nothing with only a $20.00 credit. Manager was extremely rude and un-helpful.
Odd thing was the cleaning manager came to our room and agreed my wife was bitten by b"something" then later in the day they called us and said nothing was found in a search of the room,, how convenient?
I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Wade87
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Wade87,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn standards. We also sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with the staff. We do hope for another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jack C
590donelson, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The lobby was under renovation. It will probably look nice when finished, but it was a mess while we were there. Buckets and ladders were left near the elevator all the time we were there. They still served breakfast in the lobby in the morning, but the juice machine didn't work. Food was standard fare, waffles, sausage, powdered scrambled eggs, cereal, small variety of breads. My son had a biscuit with gravy and the biscuit was so hard he couldn't cut it with the plastic knife, but he said the gravy was good. Getting in to the hotel was no problem, but getting out required crossing 4 lanes of heavy traffic or going almost back to the airport and making a U turn. We were in room 419 and never heard any noise from inside or outside. Beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was not as clean or updated as I would have liked. The tub was cracked and the faucet in the shower was falling a part. The door hit the toilet so we couldn't open it all the way. The sink was very modern and attractive, but so shallow we had a hard time filling water bottles etc. They were having problems with the cable TV and internet. Both kept cutting out all 4 nights we were there. Overall, our stay was OK and served the purpose. It was close to many restaurants, drug stores and easy access to I40.

Room Tip: 419 was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Apologize For Inconvenience
Brad Patel

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here March 5th 2014. I went to bed around midnight and pulled the sheets back and they felt cold and damp. I smelled a weird smell but didn't think anything of it. I woke at 4am and a stain appeared on the sheet that looked like a urine stain. I know I didn't wet the bed so I pulled the sheets off the bed to find a huge urine spot. I immediately went down stairs and got the night supervisor (Mark) who I brought up to my room and I showed him what I had slept in. He stated that he would comp my room and a Manager would be calling me. Today is March 9th and still NO CALL. I called there 3 times over the last 4 days only to be told that the Mgr. was in a meeting or busy. No APOLOGY or a phone call. Do NOT STAY here as the people do not care what happens to you. I cover 7 states and travel 3 weeks a month and I have NEVER experienced anything like this!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed February 28, 2014

They are updating this property, and that made for a mess in the lobby. I can understand that.

But I can't understand things like my shower faucet being bad loose and my noisy heater.

Worst of all the lady working the breakfast area was constantly talking to the people working at the desk even though all the tables needed cleaning and food bins was empty. She didn't look very clean and I lost my appetite very shortly after going down for breakfast. She doubled as the shuttle driver.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tohardtopickaname
590Rose, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

We apologize for the inconvenience that the renovation caused during your stay. We will speak to the breakfast staff that you mentioned.

If your travels ever bring you back to the area we would love the opportunity to show you the completed renovation. We would like to offer a 30% discount if you do decide to return.

We value you as a guest and hope in the future to get the opportunity to exceed your expectations and make your next stay enjoyable.

Respectfully,

Rose Sanford
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

You should put on your website currently renovating, inside looks horrible. Tripped over items sitting next to the elevator! Would have never chosen this hotel if I knew it was under construction. We checked in very late and had teenagers running down the halls all night. Never again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ks2n08
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Ks2n08,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.