“great for a night”

Ranked #84 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Augusta, Georgia
“great for a night”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

this was a one-night stay on a road trip from georgia to kansas by way of st. louis. The rooms were very well appointed with great beds and shower. Everything was new. The lobby had a nice TV where people were watching the NBA playoffs. My only complaint is the noise from the interstate. I know it is convenient to be right off the exit, but it is a little loud. I'm wondering if the rooms on the other side of the hotel would have been quieter. We heard no noise from other guests, just the big rigs. We did not stay for the breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for the side that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is amazing!!! I checked in june 13-16 as a treat for my husband for fathers day.I was blown away at how clean and inviting this property is.The smell in the hallways and in the lobby is so inviting. Free continental breakfast was delightful.Warm biscuits, bagels, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, waffles, fresh fruit and 24hr hot baked chocolate and oatmeal cookies.Free shuttle, I mean the list goes on.Houekeeping was so friendly and really interacted with the guests.I was a little dissapointed that this Country Inn did not have a pool because the pool guest are allowed to use was the one at Super 8 and that pool was lackluster.However, the complimentary beer and wine thursday evening in the lobby made up for the pool and came as a wonderful surprise.The front desk staff was also amazing. I mainly dealt with Rose and Desiree but the one bad apple was the night audit agent Jennifer.She had awful customer service, I mean borderline rude! When my husband and I came in to the hotel late from a night out Downtown she wouldnt even acknowlege us as we entered in or out. She never had any cookies out during her shift for the three nights I was there. Her excuse was always "we are out". But the 7-3 shift always had them available so i never understood that. She had an attitude when asked a question and acted as if we were a bother to her.She kept her eyes on the computer and avoided eye contact as much as possible. And when i went upstairs my key didnt work and when i came down for her to re-key it, she almost refused to get up out her seat to do it.She also was the only agent I saw who was sitting at the front desk. Without my experience with Jennifer, I had an awesome stay at Country Inn and wouldnt dare to stay anywhere else when I visit Nashville again!

Room Tip: Mon-Thursday the hotel offers alot of complimentary items such as free beer and wine thursday nights...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel lobby, hallways REEEK of a strong floral perfumy odor that will make your eyes water. The rooms are in need of an uplift and a thorough cleaning. There was toothpaste and other splatters all over the bathroom wallpaper and the sink is literally 3inches deep..can barely get your hands under faucet to wash them. Hair in the shower/tub. The sofa bed was trashed. Staff came and checked it out, moved us to another room which was an inconvenience(bathroom in this room sharing same issues). The comforter is lead-like. The air-conditioning was nice, quiet. It was quiet even though a large sports group was staying there. The 'happy hour' Mon- Thurs was also nice. Being so close to the airport also handy. No pool. Honestly, not worth the $ and know we can do better next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
590donelson, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Apologize For Inconvenience
Brad Patel
Perdido Key, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

great location. staff let me know renovations were underway. overall pleasant stay and good staff for an overnight by the airport. Have to drive to restaurants as only fast food in area, airport about 3 minutes away and close to downtown also..10 minutes..will stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bamafan43
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little pricy, but the staff was very friendly, the lobby was very inviting and the decor made the hotel feel upscale and relaxing. The bathroom in our bedroom suite was pretty small, but we enjoyed having the "living room" area. Our room was facing the freeway (front of hotel) and was a little loud due to traffic. Using the cooler blocked out most of the noise though. The bed was cozy and comfortable. The bathroom could have been more clean (I found a hair in the tub), but the relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff made our stay great.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm a former employee of the Country Inn and Suites so I really appreciated the hard work the staff put into this hotel. The room was clean and very modern looking. I was also really happy that I was upgraded from a regular king to a king suite! The breakfast was wonderful in the mornings and the lady who checked me in on Friday night (May 17) was very helpful. Overall, it was a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kat_brog
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went to Nashville last Friday and were supposed to stay at a different hotel (which was awful), So, at 10:30pm, with 2 small children we had to change hotels. I called the Country Inn and Suites and they were so accommodating. The clerk gave me a wonderful rate and told me they were so sorry I was having a bad evening. When we arrived, we were nicely surprised. The room was very clean. Breakfast was top notch!! Will definitely stay here again. Thanks again for your courtesy!!

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the street
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family