“Honky Tonk Row at Night”
Review of Downtown Nashville

Ranked #8 of 253 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited Honky Tonk Row (Broadway St.) in 2011 and enjoyed it very much! We felt safe, it appeared clean. and there was a variety of music. This time (2013) we did not find it any of those 3. We did not feel safe, it was not clean, and all we heard was loud band music. We left after giving it an hour of our time and will probably not return there if we visit Nashville again. There are lots of music venues in and around the city which are much more pleasant.

3  Thank Frugalmama57
There are newer reviews for Downtown Nashville

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Once a month a group of us take a limo to downtown Nashville and start at "Buffalo Billards" on 2nd street for a few adult beverages, great bar food (the wings are the best and the Chef will even come out to check on you) and a couple of rounds of Billards on regulation tables. They have more televisions then Best Buy for your favorite sports game. From there we head up Broadway to "Tootsie" for a cold beer and some countrry music, then we head to the "stage" for more of the same. You can hit a dozen more entertainment places and bever have to

5  Thank ron m
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We loved the downtown area. The live music is everywhere. I was surprised that singers were playing just as much older country as the newer. Plenty of different bars for all tastes. It was pretty clean for as many people and traffic.

3  Thank 67Clover
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The atmosphere, the friendliness of the people and the all the options you have to enjoy yourself made it great to sit there and have some beers watching a live band. I have to say the 2 best things we did was go to a place called Rock Bottom where you can sit on the roof and have dinner watching everyone on the downtown strip having fun. And the drummer for some band called The Lumineers came up to us at a place called Margaritaville and gave us free tickets to their sold out show. So we definitely had an experience to remember. I'll give some pros and cons.

PROS: Options to go anywhere at any time and have fun// Lots of other tourists so you never feel out of place// Everyone is happy which makes YOU happy// Unforgettable experience// Margaritaville, Rock Bottom, all the shops, the pubs (some of them)

CONS: There is an eatery called Dick's Last Resort. When we walked in there were napkins all over the floor and they would pick them up off the ground and throw them at you while you were eating. They insult you to be funny. They made racist and sexual comments at me and they told my girlfriend she's ugly and they put a bag over her face. They put these paper hats on people that say rude things. I saw one small girl and her hat said something about used tampons, another girls said she wants dicks (a pun on the name of the place). The waitress pretended to slip and fall with a bunch of empty aluminum containers on a serving dish so it would make a loud noise when they hit the floor and one of those aluminum containers actually hit me in the back. It was difficult not to hit the employees. The place was absolutely horrible. I realize a gimmick could be helpful in a business, but it's not a good idea to make people wanna beat your a*s when they walk in.

Other than that, the place is an amazing place to go for a trip.

4  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went to Nashville with four friends, one of the best trips I've ever had! Downtown Nashville was great - easy to find parking & then just walk from one club or shop to another - next to each other! The highlight for me, a former musician, was visiting Honky Tonk Row - just walked from one club to hear great live music next door to the next. Every band we heard was good & I liked the fact they didn't have a cover-charge each place. Just great fun, friends & music - the best of combinations! There were also several stores open in the evening as well so we got some boot shopping in & clothing as well. Great place to visit!

3  Thank Lori G