“Bachlorette Paradise!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bachlorette Paradise!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were in Nashville for a bachlorette party lasting three days. The first day we did the traveling pedal bar where it stops at several bars and gives you a good idea of the downtown area for the night and what to look for. The girls loved th bartender Josh and he was a good sport and a great singer as well. The bar scene is crowded and music talent is around every corner! Everyone says the Stage is the best for new music. Be prepared for a crowded hot mess coming to this bar. One fun evening idea is "Bang It" a fun and lively piano bar. If not staying downtown watch for different cabs as some have set fees and others only accept cash Really! with square around! If you are looking for many choices and lots of activity downtown Nashvile should be your choice!!

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Lafayette, LA
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 418 helpful votes
“3 trips in 6 months... need I say more? (CMA Fest)”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been coming to Nashville for a while now, but our Nashville addiction has become more and more serious since November of 2012. This is our third week here in 6 months. We have gotten to know our way around town, and we love Nashville. This trip is for CMA Fest which I will talk about in a minute.

First a serious statement; Nashville is a serious drinking town. Part of listening to the music, and visiting the different adult entertainment venues like the Ryman and Grand Ole Opry seems to be drinking. If you are going to drink a lot either designate a driver, or book a hotel downtown. There are lots of nice hotels in varying price ranges, and more are being built, and they are all within walking district of the Riverfront, Buckle, convention center, the bars on Broadway, and the new convention center. If you are not a drinker (like me), then I suggest you book a hotel a little further away from the action and have a retreat to go to after listening to great music.

Do not just book a tour of the Ryman. To fully appreciate that venue you must book a show there. Then if you want to do a tour on the side allow it to be the icing on the cake. Further out from downtown in the new Grand Ole Opry, near Opry Mills. It is also beautiful although I will say the Ryman is 1000 times better.

I believe it takes a car to fully appreciate Nashville. This city, even the downtown area, has become spread out. Unless you are willing to do a lot of walking a car is necessary.

If you come for CMA FEST be prepared to walk until your feet hurt, and when you get to your destination you are going to get up on those sore feet and dance. This is one of the most organized events I have ever attended in my life. You can literally go from 8AM until 1AM the next morning if that is what you want to do. My kids are doing exactly that. My wife and I have chosen to take the slow route and we go listen to one afternoon concert venue and then go to the concerts in beautiful LP Field.

The bars downtown are very people/fan friendly. Our favorite is the Paradise Park, but pretty much what ever bar you choose you will be both safe and well entertained.

A note about the police in this area. They have a tough job. They want you to be entertained, and they want you to enjoy your visit, but they also deal with a lot of people who drink too much. During CMA they are outside in the heat all day long in their black uniforms serving the people who live here along with a couple hundred thousand tourists. When they blow a whistle at you as you drive though an unfamiliar area, or while get a little short as you cross the street on your tired feet, give them a break. They are dealing with thousands of people per minute (not per day or even hour…. yes, I said per minute) and lots of those folks have had too much to drink. They are doing their jobs the best they can, and I’m sure they are all exhausted. I thank them as I walk by them. I have thanked hundreds of policeman this week. They smile, and often say you’re welcome, or some say thanks for saying that. They do deserve our thanks and respect.

Overall, Nashville is a hit with our family. It’s a place where people still say “yes ma’am” and “yes sir”. You hear please and thank you often. Gentlemen still hold doors for ladies (even after they are drunk) and the locals don’t honk at you after you accidently cut them off while driving around town.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank bandman
Grand Rapids, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Half Marathon”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I ran the 2013 Rock N Roll half marathon in Nashville with some friends and had a great time despite the weather. The expo had a good variety of venders, and was well attended. Seemed well organized and was able to get in and out as I was in a bit of a hurry. The race itself was run well, and gave a nice tour of the city. Spectaters were present the whole way and enthusiastic despite the rainny cold weather. We did not stick around for the after party because of the rain, but looked like it would have been fun. I would recommend this race to others for a destination run.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Amazing BBQ”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

OMG jacks' bbq was the bomb!!! My honey and I were in Nashville celebrating his birthday and we were hitting up the bars on Broadway so we stop at Jack's for some food and ordered a little bit of everything off the menu the chicken, beef brisket, and ribs along with sides and it was all delicious. The staff was very friendly too. Definitely going back next time i'm in town.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank BellaAng
Lakeville, Minnesota
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A Music Paradise”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can wonder from bar to bar and hear some fantastic bands for your pleasure. The cost of the entertainment is reasonable with most places charging $5 per beer.

Visited May 2013